autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question: Do you feel spray sealants provide adequate protection compared to traditional sealants?

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    I'd heard otherwise, that technically it's not a coating, but as far as sealants go, it doesn't really fit in that category neatly either.

I'm new, sir, and am here to learn. After posting, I thought, hmmm the spray on sealants they are talking about might be a different animal. Thanks for the heads up.

As well, I'll keep an eye on it, i'm a hobbiest/enthusiast not a pro, so for now, I'm my only client. I ride a lot, but it's kept in a garage. I'd heard 6 months, but I won't rush a new application if it doesn't need it. I'll keep an eye on it and post somewhere here how it holds up.
    My understanding, and I’m not a Gyeon employee and don’t play one on TV, is that it is a coating similar to CQuartz Lite and not an SIO2 sealant like Griot’s 3in1 ceramic etc. I’ve read, notice the verb, that though Gyeon lists 6 months that some people, maybe Guz iirc, got close to or more than a year from it.

To answer the question, I think the chemistry is such that spray is just as good as liquid sealants. There is so many combinations and variables I think you need to look at the individual product.

2. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Question: Do you feel spray sealants provide adequate protection compared to traditional sealants?

I love GyeonQuestion: Do you feel spray sealants provide adequate protection compared to traditional sealants?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Many years ago, I used to use Collinite 845 and 915 exclusively. But I remember trying (and not always succeeding) to avoid getting it on black trim. So to use these Collinite waxes, you should use a separate trim protectant and then use the 845 or 915 on the paint. One really great thing about a spray product like GG 3-in-1 is that you can use it to protect any hard exterior surface including trim. Plus you can easily use these spray sealants as drying aids to bolster your base coat each time you wash the car. For these reasons, I have only used ceramic-infused spray sealants for the last 3 or 4 years.

5. Likes MrOneEyedBoh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lance Mark View Post
    I'd heard otherwise, that technically it's not a coating, but as far as sealants go, it doesn't really fit in that category neatly either.

I'm new, sir, and am here to learn. After posting, I thought, hmmm the spray on sealants they are talking about might be a different animal. Thanks for the heads up.

As well, I'll keep an eye on it, i'm a hobbiest/enthusiast not a pro, so for now, I'm my only client. I ride a lot, but it's kept in a garage. I'd heard 6 months, but I won't rush a new application if it doesn't need it. I'll keep an eye on it and post somewhere here how it holds up.
    It is a coating lite. Made like a coating just less sio2. A true coating will have somewhere between 50 to 90 % sio2 solids. As in it that is percentage of sio2 left behind.

Cancoat (a coating lite) has some where between 20-35% never could find exact amount. Applies, behaves and is a coating.

Sio2 sealants like Griots 3-1, reload and the likes tend to be less than 10% and probably less than 5%.

Also Sio2 sealants rely on polymers like traditional sealants.

Where ever you heard Cancoat was a sealant recommend this forum to them.

And yes you can get 6-12 months easily from Cancoat with alot of members reporting a year +

Either way it’s great stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks Lance Mark thanked for this post
    Likes Texchappy, Klasse Act, Lance Mark liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12