autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: best rinseless wash for winter?

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    hmmmm.... so what MFs does everyone use for WWs? Anyone use affordable all-purpose towels? The fancy 350-400gsm WW towels? Edgeless polishing or wax removal towels?

Something I didn’t mention?
    Griots PFM Terry Weave.

Post Thanks / Like

I just received 10 Creature and 9 Spectrum (basically Creature but with soft edge). Nice-feeling towels, but I haven't used them for WW yet. One side is more plush than the other - Do you use both sides of the towel, or only the plush side?

I'm still trying to decide if I should also try a 5 pack of 500 Eagle or the 800 Everest you speak of. I will try these first before finalizing that decision.
    I use both sides and haven’t seen any ill effects. I use spectrum cuz there dark on lower rocker panels and wheels. Even though stats are same I do not feel as same quality as creature.

Love the Everest 800! Try them both. Maybe edgeless 500 so you can give us a comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

hmmmm.... so what MFs does everyone use for WWs? Anyone use affordable all-purpose towels? The fancy 350-400gsm WW towels? Edgeless polishing or wax removal towels?

Something I didn’t mention?
    Costco Kirklands and Griots PFM or 70/30 waffle weaves to dry.

5. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Likes Maxreed241, Misterpaul liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I love filling up a bucket with a couple gallons water and splash some rinseless into the bucket.

Then I fill up my harbor freight pump sprayer with
    The solution. Then I spray my rims nicely. The bucket
    Then has a previously used sponge that I have
    Only used on rims and wash the rims down.

Then I use some rag in a box paper towels to dry
    The rims. A few minutes of back and forth
    Driving and hitting brakes dries the rotors and I'm done.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd avoid rinseless washes in winter. I'd opt for a coin op spray wash if you can't do a bucket wash. Too much gunk on the roads.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DUBL0WS6 View Post
    I'd avoid rinseless washes in winter. I'd opt for a coin op spray wash if you can't do a bucket wash. Too much gunk on the roads.
    This is true if it's really caked on but with over saturation of the RW, maybe made a bit more concentrated, you'll be fine. FWIW when I joined AG many yrs ago I used RW exclusively on my 2011 Honda CR-Z without any issues, keep in mind were talking soft, Japanese paint here too.

That said, nothing wrong with hitting the quarter wash and then doing a good quality RW with great pre-treating and plush, edgeless mf towelsbest rinseless wash for winter?

....wait, we're talking snow and salt already, damn itbest rinseless wash for winter?best rinseless wash for winter?best rinseless wash for winter?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    That said, nothing wrong with hitting the quarter wash and then doing a good quality RW with great pre-treating and plush, edgeless mf towelsbest rinseless wash for winter?
    My Worx hydroshot does a great job during winter if it’s a warm enough day to give the car a nice pre rinse before I do a rinseless wash.

Honestly these days I really do just prefer using my pressure washer to rinse the car well, and then going right into a rinseless wash. It’s like the best of both worlds.

11. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For whatever it’s worth, I RW all winter long, probably using more towels to wipe smaller sections. Prior to wiping I heavily saturate the section with RW QD concentration or WW. Let it sit a few minutes (I spray a panel or two ahead so it can dwell while I wipe the current panel). If it dries at all during the dwelling time I just spray again. By the time I get the plush, saturated RW MF to the paint it feels like it’s swimming on top, it’s that wet with all forces combined.

Do a RW often enough (2-3x a week) and there’s really not too much gunk most of the time. Do I come out of winter with a some very minor swirls? Sure. But generally very minor and I’m not sure it’s any worse than traditional washing the same frequency over the same time period.

Note: if the roof isn’t bad I will WW the roof and clean the windows with glass cleaner. This prevents RW solution from hiding in window nooks, etc. Then the act of RW only takes place on the hood and vertical panels below the window where it can be totally soaked but still dry easily without hiding many places.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve been going away from rinseless as i feel Blammo Mrothe (can i say real name?) is a superior waterless/rinseless process.

I use a rinseless (griots brilliant shine lately) for pretreat and then foam and wipe panel at a time. Feels way more lubricious than anything out their.

Use Blammo Frydrate er TW ceramic wetwax to dry.

I’m surprised nobodies copied with their own foaming waterless.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post

I use a rinseless (griots brilliant shine lately) for pretreat and then foam and wipe panel at a time. Feels way more lubricious than anything out their.
    i have a bottle diluted 6:1 and use it around the house as well and it works great. the nice thing is it just cleans and leaves nothing behind. fantastic product!

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast