autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SCRATCH X 2.0 AND DA polisher

Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    Everything you ever wanted to know about SMAT, and more. Courtesy of Mike P.

The SMAT PACK - Everything you ever wanted to know about Meguiar's SMAT products...
    Thank you im gonna read that helps to know these products and what purpose they are used for since its bit confusing at times. Nice writeup Mike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I used Scratch-X via DA a few years ago on silver Acura paint with LC orange pads (lower panels only, in place of compound). I didn’t want to use up my expensive compound and wasn’t sure how Scratch-X would do... but it did well and I was very surprised how well it finished for almost being compound aggressive. I wouldn’t hesitate using it with DA if you need something fairly aggressive.

3. Thanks animescreen thanked for this post
    Likes animescreen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I used Scratch-X via DA a few years ago on silver Acura paint with LC orange pads (lower panels only, in place of compound). I didn’t want to use up my expensive compound and wasn’t sure how Scratch-X would do... but it did well and I was very surprised how well it finished for almost being compound aggressive. I wouldn’t hesitate using it with DA if you need something fairly aggressive.
    So scratch x if used a lot will take off clear coat right ? Especially with da like porters?

Did it remove swirl marks? Wondering if i go with swirl x which is less aggressive and name seems to fit the bill.

What speed did you use? Im guessing like 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by animescreen View Post
    So scratch x if used a lot will take off clear coat right ? Especially with da like porters?

Did it remove swirl marks? Wondering if i go with swirl x which is less aggressive and name seems to fit the bill.

What speed did you use? Im guessing like 3?
    Scratch-X has abrasives and definitely removes clearcoat/swirls with a DA. Almost as good as Ultimate Compound I gather, but finished better, probably good enough with orange pads that I didn’t need to finish polish but I did anyways. That would not be the case with UC.

I used more like speed 4-5 as this was meant for moderate correction on lower panels. If you’re not dealing with moderate swirls, but rather only light swirls, try the Swirl-X.... but do so because of forum members’ recommendations or because of where it sits on the aggressiveness chart... don’t choose it for name/marketing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12