autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Checanet: Welcome to Autogeek!

Google translation of above post.

I am going to tell you about MY experience, with HCW. I'm going to write in Spanish.
    The method of using the product does not convince me.
    1) A lot of product is wasted
    2) You can leave Streaks if you shoot others
    3) It can become costly to remove the waste
    4) Stop being practical
    Keep in mind that when the manufacturer officially says that sprayee on the wet surface, is diluting "in fact" to the product "on the fly" at that time. It shows a VERY THICK, and that needs dilution. It will depend on whether or not there is prior protection. and possibly the product remains in the microfiber if it does not spread well ... for all this I decided to CHANGE THE APPLICATION METHOD ..

My Methodology It was the following:
    1) Dilute the 7: 1 Product with distilled water (REMEMBER TO SHAKE BEFORE DILUATING)
    2) Apply as a booster (Bead Maker or D156, etc, etc) on a towel or bonnet, on the DRY surface of the car.
    The RESULT IS SIMPLY SPECTACULAR. Also a 28oz bottle would yield 208oz. I saw a review with 8: 1, but I encouraged to dilute a little less.
    The product is easy to pass and remove. Remember that you have to MIX very well before the dilution of the product.

Greetings from Argentina.
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Checanet: Welcome to Autogeek!

Google translation of above post.

I am going to tell you about MY experience, with HCW. I'm going to write in Spanish.
    The method of using the product does not convince me.
    1) A lot of product is wasted
    2) You can leave Streaks if you shoot others
    3) It can become costly to remove the waste
    4) Stop being practical
    Keep in mind that when the manufacturer officially says that sprayee on the wet surface, is diluting "in fact" to the product "on the fly" at that time. It shows a VERY THICK, and that needs dilution. It will depend on whether or not there is prior protection. and possibly the product remains in the microfiber if it does not spread well ... for all this I decided to CHANGE THE APPLICATION METHOD ..

My Methodology It was the following:
    1) Dilute the 7: 1 Product with distilled water (REMEMBER TO SHAKE BEFORE DILUATING)
    2) Apply as a booster (Bead Maker or D156, etc, etc) on a towel or bonnet, on the DRY surface of the car.
    The RESULT IS SIMPLY SPECTACULAR. Also a 28oz bottle would yield 208oz. I saw a review with 8: 1, but I encouraged to dilute a little less.
    The product is easy to pass and remove. Remember that you have to MIX very well before the dilution of the product.

Greetings from Argentina.
    That is a great idea. Might just buy some to try it.

As for application. Meguiar's people say people at applying it way too thick. You just need a little bit of the product. So one or 2 spray into an applicator to do a whole panel.

I would never use the wet application method, that is just crazy.

Post Thanks / Like

Wet application is absurd, as are the leaking sprayers are as well!

This 7:1 ratio is something I'm going to try for sure, then use it as spray on, rinse off product, am I understanding this correctlyMeguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Wet application is absurd, as are the leaking sprayers are as well!

This 7:1 ratio is something I'm going to try for sure, then use it as spray on, rinse off product, am I understanding this correctlyMeguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

I’d think an initial non diluted application with a damp microfiber, followed by a diluted spray to use as a drying aid would make sense. Whether that be 1:1, 2:1, 7:1, or what have you. The product is certainly thick, but I think even at a lot lower or a dilution it would be a lot more manageable as a drying aid dilution.

On the other hand:

The video OG put up where they talked about this product was really interesting to me. The meguiars rep basically said he uses it as a drying aid exclusively, and that he’d recommend just using it as a drying aid every couple of months for optimum protection/repellency.

Considering how little product it takes to use in that way, it may not even be worth the hassle of diluting it to begin with.

I think HCW is an interesting product. If the base layer is applied, it works well as a spray and rinse. It can be used as a drying aid, and apparently diluted and still provide good results.

It might not be as straightforward as the other spray and rinse products, but I appreciate the choices you have with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My order arrived Saturday and it was so excited to be used it couldn't contain itself... I'll be requesting another bottle tomorrow.
    Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax-2198940e-ad8b-40c9-9e86-f9e87aac11ae-jpg
    Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax-ddebbe0c-70af-4016-ae68-2bc01ede06a9-jpg

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Diluting the hcw helps spread it more evenly and minimizes the streaks.

Thanks for posting Checanet. It confirms my experience as well. I diluted 1:4 and it really made hcw easier to apply. I too did it on a dry car. That's easier for me and also avoids wasted product imho.

I will be reapplying hcw to my uncovered car, monthly or biweekly, anyway. Might as well try 1:8 or 1:7 dilution.

Post Thanks / Like

Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube have done a match up with HCW and Carpro Reload and Gyeon Cure and Britemax Remax and Tac System Quartz Max. Spoiler alert LOL. HCW did very well in this test and also Britemax Remax SiO2 Spray Sealant which AGO has seems to be a sleeper in this category. The durability test was really impresive from these 2 also. But mostly I was impressed by HCW. Will see know when HCW has reached Sweden if I'm going with it. The problem is the prices here where HCW is around $32. I do like Gyeon Wet Coat and also with a stronger 2019 version and $26 for the 1L also is a quite difference in the value of the product. But Forensic Detailing Channel on Youtube did wipe out the last concern about HCW is a great product. He also has some tips and trix for application of HCW. Mainly if when you spray it on the panel you hold it farther away and try to distribute the product by moveing the bottle while you spray. So you don't get a big blobb on the same spot. Also spread it out with a mf applicator sponge is saving product. This I do with Wet Coat and Hydro2 lite too and I think that I get a more even coverage and also a better durability IME.

Edit: Link to the test

YouTube

10. Thanks Sports Fan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never used Reload but I've used TAC System Quartz Max and WetCoat, top notch. Quartz Max is used like a QD whereas WetCoat is a one and done, depends on what your looking for exactly.

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I've never used Reload but I've used TAC System Quartz Max and WetCoat, top notch. Quartz Max is used like a QD whereas WetCoat is a one and done, depends on what your looking for exactly.

I got both the Reload and Quartz Max in the 100ml sample bottles. My thought is to use it mixed with like Merlin's Elixir. And see which one I think that works in this mixture. Wet Coat I have used 2L so far. But have looked at others and tested Carpro Hydro2 lite and Sonax Spray and Seal. On my silver metallic car the Wet Coat gets a little too sharp of crispy looks. But on the white Ford Focus I maintain it looks awesome on. The spray on rinse off products is when I have a higher level of pain from the nerve damage I have in the neck and lower back. They are so easy to apply so they helps me a lot to refreshing the LSP. Still waiting out the weather and the dirty roads to clean up a bit more. And pollen this year after 2 years of dry weather has gone bananas. They say that plants and trees has been loading up and now release this very high amount of pollen. Even if you don't have any allergies you is effected by it. Most cars has this yellow hue going on LOL. Will be testing both reload and Quartz Max as a QD/topper on some panels just for fun and see how they are.

14. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,
    After 2 weeks of application of the product with 7:1 dilution (on dry), today I got pigeon droppings, and the power of repellence is excellent, much like a car freshly waxed with a conventional wax. Actually the product is incredible.

The video.
    YouTube

Greetings from Argentina
    Hernan

16. Likes SANCTUM, Belo liked this post
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast