autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I’ve tried Beadmaker...

beadmaker collects so much dust..i stopped using it and went back to aquawx...
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality." - Ayn Ran

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting foundings and a great write up and pictures Eldorado2K!

As when you use it as a stand alone LSP. The first heavy application or that you apply it in an even coat and let it dwell for some time. Seems to be very necessary for the product to do it's thing with crosslink and bond properly. This is just what I heard from the chemist who made the BM on the podcast on the TRC. He noted a longevity of 1-2 months. So this seems for me a product that you apply and keep useing it at every wash a drying aid or monthly or every second wash applyied wet. This results you got is interesting and not so impresive on how well it holds up. A little to fast to degrade. Then it would be interesting to see how the actually protection is. This is something that is hard to try on any product. The dust and pollen attraction is something that has been heard from it more and more.

Those that do like it mostly used as a topper. Interesting that you didn't found it to be outstandingly slick during the application. As that seemed to be the part it really stand out with. And the gloss says to be top notch too. When it's says it can be applyied on any wax or sealant or coating. I always wondering about if it change the base protections water behavior. Some don't and some does and also if it's changes it's self cleaning ability and other properties it has.

Would be intresting to test it out just to feel and see what the hype has been all about. But for me personally it's not a product that has the behaviors that has been very interesting to get it at a much higher price point cause of the need to import it from another country. The one thing would be the gloss it leaves. But even if profed by comparison with gloss meters. I think it's so close when you are up in the higher range that's it's hard to say which have the highest gloss. And just cause a product has a higher gloss it's not necessary that one with a lower gloss can look better. It's more the slight difference at the finish you get from it. From a carnuaba glow look to a sharp shine for me at least I see difference between some products. And could be what the color of the paint you have and personal preferences.

3. Likes RamAirV1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the hype on this one will die quite fast. I bet if it wasn’t for Matt Moreman and Pan speaking highly of it, it would not have taken off in the first place. It’s truly nothing special. Just like you, I’ve used 32oz and I’m not thinking I’ll use the remainder of the gallon any time soon. Perhaps in the house on glass and mirrors, not sure. There are better products for the drying aid role I got it for.
    Bruno Soares

5. Thanks juvefan30 thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, PaulMys, juvefan30, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good thing I only bought a 16 oz. of this if this really is an average product to try out instead of dumping money into a gallon like I almost did. I mean, I'd never even heard of P&S until the Rag company, OG, and other youtube shills started peddling this stuff, so not surprising this flavor of the week product isn't living up to expectations.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I won't buy any product without doing a TON of reading (research), and even then I will ask/PM those on here that I trust and have more experience about a product.

Beadmaker never quite made the cut for my initial interest, and now the real opinions are surfacing from actual experiences of forum members.

Bottom line is, glad I didn't waste the money.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

9. Likes Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Same here. Research is key. Gotta spend the money wisely.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

11. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It’s not really a waste of money, it is pretty cheap compared to similar products. But it’s not worth the hype.
    Bruno Soares

13. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    It’s not really a waste of money, it is pretty cheap compared to similar products. But it’s not worth the hype.
    Well, if I were disappointed in it, it would be.

I don't have one friend or family member that has a clue about car care, let alone real car care. So I can't even pawn stuff off to someone less discerning. Lol

15. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    This.

Basically, if you’ve got a spray wax/sealant that you’re already satisfied with, don’t expect anything groundbreaking that you’ve never seen before.

What I can’t figure out is how wowed a couple of people on youtube were to the point where they were literally open mouthed like they’ve been living in the dark ages and suddenly woke up in 2019 having never tried a spray wax before... I mean you’ve either got to be extremely gullible or flat out shilling. There’s really no other option because there’s just no way anyone could be shocked like that after using this product for the 1st time...

Nothing in the history of detailing has ever gotten that kind of reaction out of me and Beadmaker sure in hell wouldn’t rank anywhere near lukewarm as far as wow factor. Lol.

17. Likes PaulMys, Finick, Maxreed241, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    This.

Basically, if you’ve got a spray wax/sealant that you’re already satisfied with, don’t expect anything groundbreaking that you’ve never seen before.

What I can’t figure out is how wowed a couple of people on youtube were to the point where they were literally open mouthed like they’ve been living in the dark ages and suddenly woke up in 2019 having never tried a spray wax before... I mean you’ve either got to be extremely gullible or flat out shilling. There’s really no other option because there’s just no way anyone could be shocked like that after using this product for the 1st time...

Nothing in the history of detailing has ever gotten that kind of reaction out of me and Beadmaker sure in hell wouldn’t rank anywhere near lukewarm as far as wow factor. Lol.
    Because it's Youtube.......

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast