autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro Essence xtreme Gloss

Quote Originally Posted by RZJZA80 View Post
    I think a rating of 2 is being optimistic. After using BOSS CC on BOSS orange to knock down the black piano trim, I tried the Essence on both the BOSS orange and yellow pads to remove the haze and did nothing at all. Either I got a bad bottle as suggested or it has closer to 0 or 1 in the cut area.
    well boss cc is a medium grade polish so its supposed to have more cut the essence which is a finishing polish.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Really? I thought they were the same thing except 1 has abrasives the other does not?
    Yeah Essence Plus contains something in it that interfear with the coating applyied over it. It uses the chemical cleaning to be able to correct very little on a coating. Then ad the filling ability resins to fill the light scratches on the coating. And last the protection cures. So Essence and Essence Plus is very different products. Essence is a abrasive primer for carpros cquarts coatings. And Essence Plus is healer and cleaner on top of coatings. Then they have found uses outside of these abilities. As the use of Essence Plus as a stand alone LSP or Essence with another more coarse pad than Glosspad to get more correction. And the Essence twins with the glossenhancer primer as a base with Essence Plus as a LSP on it. Essence as a stand alone LSP is not so effective as they have not added any hydrophobic properties to it so a coating will bond stronger. For many here in Sweden the Essence and 2×CQUK gets them easy over 2 years. Without Essence it could reach over if lucky. A polish with Essence Plus and the Glosspad on a say 60-70% effective of the coating left. You can have a coating behavior back up to almost 3-6 months longer. Or if getting some very light marring you can correct that with Essence Plus.

3. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro Essence xtreme Gloss

Im not sure what gloss enhancer is but you will want some new pads fort your pc as well. It's very hard to do a whole car with a long throw polisher because the pads won't rotate on curves and contours.

If you get the pad flat enough to actually rotate you won't have sufficient contact on the paint. People may disagree but its self explanatory in my opinion. If the pad is flat and the panel is contoured then only the highest point on the contour will be getting polished. Any pressure or angle to change that will only stall the pad.

In this example the straight line represents the pad and the circle the panel.
    I was thinking about that. My plan is to use the Rupes line as a system (pads, compounds, polished, etc), then put the 3 inch backing plate on the PC for those hard to reach places using my LC 4 inch pads.

This bring up another question. Can I use the carpro pads with the Rupes? My plan was to use the 5.5 pads with my PC

How long do you let to cure before applying a coating? I have heard an hour to overnight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    At the time I used it, the bottle had not yet hit the expiration date. It has by now.
    So what's the consensus on the expiry date on the Essence products? Both of mine were past the date before I used them the first time, but I was doing kind of an "off-label" application anyway, so I couldn't tell if they were working right even if I knew how they were supposed to work. All of these CarPro products have a pretty short shelf life, by the label.

I think I posted a thread here a few years ago of me using DLUX on my back valence and showing the expired date on the bottom before I did it...that went fine, although that was the first time I opened the bottle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    So what's the consensus on the expiry date on the Essence products? Both of mine were past the date before I used them the first time, but I was doing kind of an "off-label" application anyway, so I couldn't tell if they were working right even if I knew how they were supposed to work. All of these CarPro products have a pretty short shelf life, by the label.

I think I posted a thread here a few years ago of me using DLUX on my back valence and showing the expired date on the bottom before I did it...that went fine, although that was the first time I opened the bottle.
    I recall a CarPro rep writing to someone that this should still be OK for two years (1 more than the expiration date I believe)if stored in mild, non-sunlight environment (obviously top on tight). I’m guessing 2 years may be conservative with proper storage too, these companies need to cover their butts, and they would like you to eventually purchase more. I won’t finish my large bottle within the two year date but will eventually keep using it.

Post Thanks / Like

Would someone please show me on AG where they sell JUST Essence? It's either Essence plus or extreme gloss.Search

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 2wookies View Post
    Would someone please show me on AG where they sell JUST Essence? It's either Essence plus or extreme gloss.Search
    There’s no such thing as “Essence”
    There’s only Essence Extreme Gloss Enhancer... But don’t worry, irl it’s just Essence. Lol

9. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Essence extreme gloss is what we are talking mainly about. Small bottle will do you if you are not doing alot of correction.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Using Adams correcting polish before essence, then cquk3. Should I panel wipe (eraser) after Adams before essence?

I’ve read you don’t need to after essence when applying cquk3, has anyone done this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It won't hurt if you prep wipe after compounding. I have done this before prior to polishing. I will leave it up to you on this one.

I prep wipe after Essence but I am leaving Essence overnight (after wipe off) to let the SiO2 in it cure while the oils essentially evaporate off. The next morning I will come back with a light prep wipe to remove any light dust and any remaining oils that may not have evaporated overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaryn NZ View Post
    I wouldn’t ‘panel wipe’ in between Adams & Essence, & I know it’s known that you don’t have to after Essence prior to coating but I always panel wipe before any coating installation. For the little time it takes to have that extra ‘insurance’ so to speak, I feel it’s a worthy step to take.

Aaryn NZ.
    I do the same with a prep wipe after Essence.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

Can't tell you. You are going to have experiment with it.

Quote Originally Posted by 2wookies View Post
    Essence

CarPro Essence Xtreme Gloss Enhancer 250 ml

Essence Plus

CarPro Essence PLUS 250 ml

12. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

well boss cc is a medium grade polish so its supposed to have more cut the essence which is a finishing polish.
    Right, that's what I used for the initial cut, then followed by the FC, but the Essence just didn't do anything at all which surprised me.

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast