autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Reload - Almost a year of frustration

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    When in doubt head over to CarPro to get more info on Reset

CarPro Reset was formulated as the perfect partner to nanotechnology based sealants and coatings, with cleaning properties tailored to their unique needs. Utilizing Intelligent pH Surfactants, Reset breaks down road grime and traffic films with the power of an alkaline cleaner, whilst being as gentle on the surface as a pH-neutral shampoo. Afterwards Reset quickly rinses free from the surface, leaving behind no soap residues or interfering silicones, and restoring the beading and dirt releasing properties (The ‘Hydrophobic Effect’) of the surface to help maintain its protection. Combined with excellent lubrication, a strong foaming action for improved dirt suspension, and a high dilution ratio, this makes for a highly effective and economical wash. At the same time, Reset is almost entirely based upon naturally occurring, organic ingredients, making it as safe for the environment and for the user as it is for the vehicle. If dirt is hiding the beauty of your car or motorcycle, then you know that it is time for a Reset!

Precautions:
    Do Not Ingest
    Keep out of reach of children
    May degrade organic waxes and polymer sealants
    In case of sensitive skin or a pre-existing skin condition, wear protective gloves whilst washing to avoid possible dryness and mild irritation
    Thanks Guz. I have read that description but didn’t notice the precautions. Thanks to your guidance with bolder text, I can see the strength difference that Reset likely has.

I understand the PBL and BF coating washes are touted as safe for wax and sealants, so they probably aren’t substantial alkaline cleaners... hopefully they do have enough strength to remove some extra grime though.

Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Reload - Almost a year of frustration

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I keep asking the question: what’s different between coating car washes vs. car washes like Hyperwash that also leave nothing behind. I’ve never gotten a good answer, so I’m stuck making an assumption that soaps like Reset, PBL Coating Shampoo, and probably new BF Coating Shampoo must clean grime and oils better than your “average” non-gloss car wash like Hyperwash. This could explain why they are meant for coatings... or maybe it’s just marketing and Hyperwash is just as good cleaning. I may never know for sure because I have way too many car washes to go through before I purchase Hyperwash.
    The differences are minimal:

Hyperwash:
    pH 9-9.5
    Anionic surfactant

Reset:
    pH 8.5-9
    Anionic surfactant
    Nonionic surfactant

Generally speaking, hyperwash will have a more detrimental effect on your coating long term, it may also increase the potential for scratching/marring.

Reset is a less alkaline and contains surfactants to specifically help encapsulate dirt and grime (in line with their product description).

Both will clean well, one perhaps too well depending on your coating.

Edit: for those who like to read for themselves (praise)...

MSDS for Hyperwash: https://www.meguiars.com/sites/defau...D110%20SDS.pdf

MSDS for Reset: https://www.carcarefreaks.eu/wp-cont...Reset-MSDS.pdf

3. Thanks EternalEclipse thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have read most where hyperwash and other “leaves nothing behind” soaps are Ph neutral. From what I’ve read reset is ph balance (don’t know what difference means) and cleans with the power of alkaline surfactants. Ph neutral soaps (hyperwash, optimum, 3D). will not harm waxes or sealants where as reset May (see guz’s post). I use optimum car soap cuz it’s gentle and then plan on using reset once every 4 washes...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I have read most where hyperwash and other “leaves nothing behind” soaps are Ph neutral. From what I’ve read reset is ph balance (don’t know what difference means) and cleans with the power of alkaline surfactants. Ph neutral soaps (hyperwash, optimum, 3D). will not harm waxes or sealants where as reset May (see guz’s post). I use optimum car soap cuz it’s gentle and then plan on using reset once every 4 washes...

Neither are pH neutral. I just finished covering this.

Also reset is lower alkaline than hyperwash so almost everything you said above is wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    Neither are pH neutral. I just finished covering this.

Also reset is lower alkaline than hyperwash so almost everything you said above is wrong.
    Sooo i can’t find Mdms on hyperwash and detailed image, amazon and other articles I have read say nothing about the ph level or state it’s neutral. I don’t know you from a talking fart. Instead of sounding matter of fact like you created these soaps how bout some links or posts to back it up. Have you’ve done ph test with strips? for all I know you read this on the back of a cereal box. Not saying your wrong. Just saying provide some proof to your facts when you go around saying people are wrong and try not to off like a pr#ck.... that’s all

Post Thanks / Like

Sooo i can’t find Mdms on hyperwash and detailed image, amazon and other articles I have read say nothing about the ph level or state it’s neutral. I don’t know you from a talking fart. Instead of sounding matter of fact like you created these soaps how bout some links or posts to back it up. Have you’ve done ph test with strips? for all I know you read this on the back of a cereal box. Not saying your wrong. Just saying provide some proof to your facts when you go around saying people are wrong and try not to off like a pr#ck.... that’s all

MSDS for Hyperwash: https://www.meguiars.com/sites/defau...D110%20SDS.pdf

MSDS for Reset: https://www.carcarefreaks.eu/wp-cont...Reset-MSDS.pdf

Enjoy.

8. Thanks Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now you may go ahead and call me wrong. Thanks for hyperwash link.

Post Thanks / Like

Now you may go ahead and call me wrong. Thanks for hyperwash link.

Already have champ.

The mystery is always the surfactants and where the development time and cost lie.

To the OP: On this lineup I’d suggest trying Reset based on its lower alkalinity and specific surfactants designed to encourage contamination encapsulation. If it looks good after use, perfect.

If cost if your concern, hyperwash be it but be reminded it is a “cruder” wash. It will work well but at a slight knock to your coating longevity (coating dependent).

11. Thanks EternalEclipse thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WristyManchego View Post
    Already have champ.

The mystery is always the surfactants and where the development time and cost lie.

To the OP: On this lineup I’d suggest trying Reset based on its lower alkalinity and specific surfactants designed to encourage contamination encapsulation. If it looks good after use, perfect.

If cost if your concern, hyperwash be it but be reminded it is a “cruder” wash. It will work well but at a slight knock to your coating longevity (coating dependent).
    I agree. Wish they would explain it a little better other than calling it "intelligent pH surfactants" lol. Sounds a bit silly if you ask me. I wonder what qualifies it as "intelligent" haha.

I'm willing to try a bottle of Reset out, it is a little pricey compared to most shampoos out there (thank you Canadian pesos...) But at this point I'm willing to try it and pray for a miracle.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EternalEclipse View Post
    I agree. Wish they would explain it a little better other than calling it "intelligent pH surfactants" lol. Sounds a bit silly if you ask me. I wonder what qualifies it as "intelligent" haha.

I'm willing to try a bottle of Reset out, it is a little pricey compared to most shampoos out there (thank you Canadian pesos...) But at this point I'm willing to try it and pray for a miracle.
    I’m with the majority here, your surface isn’t clean enough and it’s affecting the reload; queue bad hydrophobic performance.

A solid wash and simple QD should bring back the performance of the coating.

Hell if you have an alright wash already and have some APC, run a weak APC pre-soak (10:1 minimum) and good pressure wash working from the bottom up (to not dilute product you want to dwell longer). Give it a wash after and see how it turns out.

Cheaper than purchasing more product.

Companies are only required to list they type of surfactant, not the actual surfactant as its part of what makes a “secret recipe”. You know colonel sanders? He has a surfactant as one of the 11.

Surfactants can run cheap and plenty, right up to advanced and costly.

14. Thanks EternalEclipse thanked for this post
    Likes LSNAutoDetailing liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast