autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CG's Citrus Wash...does it strip LSP's?

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    So I take it you don't trust the new formula? I mean that's fine and its your right for sure but when I need to do a strip wash it's going to be the first product I reach out to buy.
    No, I'm not saying anything of the kind, I'm wondering about how safe this stuff is to be in contact with ME if it's eating a plastic bottle?

2. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    That was the stuff that was eating the bottle...so yeah maybe that will do something. Makes you wonder how safe it is for you when it's not safe for the bottle.
    Well, that is a matter of what type of plastic is used. For exemple, Optimum Opti-Bond which is a base based product for tires and trims ate through a ketchum bottle I put it in. So you can't assume anything when it comes to these things.

Post Thanks / Like

This topic has been put to rest and resurrected many times on many forums over the years. The last “definitive” thread decided that no soap could remove an “newly applied” LSP and only by polishing could you remove this type of LSP. I can say with out a doubt many soaps will clog up an LSP giving it the appearance of LSP removal by blocking/reducing the beading.

I took my car in for service and I allowed it to be washed (heresy!, it was time for it to be corrected anyway) and whatever cheap soap they used made my coated car feel like sandpaper and look dull. Did I think they removed the coating? Nope. I knew the soap just did not wash off clean. Even the freshly applied layer of CMX felt rough. I only use soaps that leave nothing behind when washing my cars and never had any problems.

Let’s put this the myth that a soap can remove a good LSP to rest and say no. If an LSP is already failing, we can give it a definite maybe. And if there is a soap that can remove a good LSP maybe you shouldn’t be using it anyway.

5. Thanks Finick, Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Likes Finick, Klasse Act, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This was an amazing thread and in addition to the 2 coats of Meg's ceramic hybrid "wax" applied right after that just yesterday I applied a coat of dpc's own "FrankenDetailer" which deepened the paint and made it feel Super Slick. I guess I'll find a use for that Citrus soap from CG's, the only one of their soaps I own and use which did this and caused this thread to even happen. Surely someone will find this and maybe skip this productCG's Citrus Wash...does it strip LSP's?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

This was an amazing thread and in addition to the 2 coats of Meg's ceramic hybrid "wax" applied right after that just yesterday I applied a coat of dpc's own "FrankenDetailer" which deepened the paint and made it feel Super Slick. I guess I'll find a use for that Citrus soap from CG's, the only one of their soaps I own and use which did this and caused this thread to even happen. Surely someone will find this and maybe skip this productCG's Citrus Wash...does it strip LSP's?

I haven't tried it yet but I bought cgcw&g for the foam cannon I'm optimistic that it will do well

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    I haven't tried it yet but I bought cgcw&g for the foam cannon I'm optimistic that it will do well

If you like it maybe we can trade products. I've used 2 ounces of the 16 oz bottle, keep it in mind.

Post Thanks / Like

If you like it maybe we can trade products. I've used 2 ounces of the 16 oz bottle, keep it in mind.

I will let you know...Lord knows I have enough products to share....it's kinda overwhelming sometimes thinking will I be able to use all this stuff

Post Thanks / Like

I will let you know...Lord knows I have enough products to share....it's kinda overwhelming sometimes thinking will I be able to use all this stuff

Agreed!

Post Thanks / Like

Don't despair; if all goes well, this spring I will be opening a gallon of Meg's #62 that I bought in 2005--know hope!

Post Thanks / Like

I used to think the same way... But sure enough my gallons of product get used in what seems like the right amount of time. It’s taken me a little over 1 year. to use up this much Hyper Wash. Not bad considering it’s dilution is supposed be 400:1

IME all the gallons I’ve bought from Meguiars Detailers Line have gotten good use and provided great value.

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Don't despair; if all goes well, this spring I will be opening a gallon of Meg's #62 that I bought in 2005--know hope!
    Is the seal still on the bottle? If not keep an eye on it, I had some 10-15 year old Hyper Wash that was no good.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast