autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!

Quote Originally Posted by bean438 View Post
    Obsessed garage recently did a video review of all the Ryobi washers. I’m confused now because if you use the online nozzle calculators they indicate a 2.0 nozzle, but Matt decided on 3.0 nozzles.

Really glad this thread is here. I can’t justify a kranzle, but a ryobi is doable. Upgrade as per instructions and we have a nice solution.
    Yes, he is testing all of the major brands: Ryobi, greenworks, Kartcher, Sun Joe and AR. Excellent serie!

As for the nozzle, Matt wants to get about 1000 PSI at the nozzle. That is why he is testing various nozzle sizes. By default all the pressure washers are outputing about 1500 PSI with the nozzle they come with.

If anyone is planning to either purchase a pressure washer or upgrade one to a better hose/gun setup, I would strongly suggest they watch these videos.

2. Thanks Gunny Fitz thanked for this post
    Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!

I’ve watched all the videos, and yup I get that he wants 1000 at the nozzle. I always have trouble putting into words what is in my head. I’ll try again....

Matt uses a 3.0 nozzle with the ryobi washers to achieve 1000 psi. BUT..... all of the online calculators say to use 2.0 (actually 1.9) nozzles.

My question is, would this calculation be to achieve a “factory” pressure for the washers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bean438 View Post
    I’ve watched all the videos, and yup I get that he wants 1000 at the nozzle. I always have trouble putting into words what is in my head. I’ll try again....

Matt uses a 3.0 nozzle with the ryobi washers to achieve 1000 psi. BUT..... all of the online calculators say to use 2.0 (actually 1.9) nozzles.

My question is, would this calculation be to achieve a “factory” pressure for the washers?
    I never used any of those calculators. But since real life testing shows a big difference, maybe the calculator is flawed?

Honestly, I don't think dropping the pressure to 1000 PSI is needed. Matt says it's much safer. I have used pressure washers for several years now and never had any issue at 1700 PSI using a 15 degree nozzle. I will be ordering a 40 degree nozzle when is testing is done on a unit similar to the one I use just to try it out. I don't know how much cleaning power I would use doing that, but I am willing to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I run a 2.0 orifice nozzle with my SPX3000 and feel the pressure is perfect for car washing. I too tested PSI levels with every orifice size MTM offers and i liked the 2.0 the most (for my needs).

My results:
    25 deg tip with 2.0 orifice = 1300psi
    40 deg tip with 2.0 orifice = 1400psi

Running the unit down at 1000psi with a 3.0 orifice didn't really do much (for me) as far as cleaning ability... especially in the wheel wells and down on the lower side skirts where dirt can really build up.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think the calculators are wrong, and I don’t think Matt is,wrong.

But I’ve read that you use the proper nozzle according to the calculator because you can damage the pump otherwise

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyGC View Post
    I run a 2.0 orifice nozzle with my SPX3000 and feel the pressure is perfect for car washing. I too tested PSI levels with every orifice size MTM offers and i liked the 2.0 the most (for my needs).

My results:
    25 deg tip with 2.0 orifice = 1300psi
    40 deg tip with 2.0 orifice = 1400psi

Running the unit down at 1000psi with a 3.0 orifice didn't really do much (for me) as far as cleaning ability... especially in the wheel wells and down on the lower side skirts where dirt can really build up.
    Matt was explaining that cleaning power is (flow X pressure) so no matter what nozzle you put on it, the cleaning power should be the same. Dropping pressure to increase flow or vice versa should yield the same result in the end. The one thing you do loose with lowering pressure is that you can no longer clean a hard to remove dirt patch if needed.

I am eager to see how the Kranzla (SP?) performs compared to the other ones.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone using this setup know if the swivel attachment on the hose is sufficient for a fixed end gun or if a swivel end gun would be needed or better. I see the OP bought the fixed end gun

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of newer people might be taking and following OG’s methods as if it were gospel. I think there are some good ideas to be taken from his videos but everyone needs to remember he is a salesman/business and not a prof detailer or makes a living detailing. Not saying there’s anything wrong with that but it’s s fact his videos are made to other brands he sells.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KimJungIllest View Post
    I think a lot of newer people might be taking and following OG’s methods as if it were gospel. I think there are some good ideas to be taken from his videos but everyone needs to remember he is a salesman/business and not a prof detailer or makes a living detailing. Not saying there’s anything wrong with that but it’s s fact his videos are made to other brands he sells.
    I agree. He really pushes super expensive equipment and products. There is nothing wrong with it but if he wants to sell me a 1200$ pressure washer, he better shows me some insane results he cannot get with the affordable ones. I asked him about it in the comments and he kinda took offense. I asked why pay for a 1300$ setup when a 300$ setup works perfectly well even in a commercial environment. He replied that by the same logic he should not get a Porshe GT3 and stick with a Hyundai Elantra. So I am really curious to see how the Kranzla (SP?) performs. After watching a bunch of his videos I know I want to upgrade my hose (again) and put a swivel on the gun. My brand of pressure washer (Simoniz) is not sold in the US so he won't test it, but I am fairly certain they are made by Karcher for the Canadian Tires stores.

The goal of these videos is to know what fittings are required to upgrade each model of pressure washers. He is right about the basic setup being very poor. A longer hose is a must and those long wands the units come with are annyoing to use a foam lance with. Swivels also make using them much less annoying. Quick connects on the hose and gun also look like a good idea but I would not say it's as important, at least for me. I see no reason to disconnect the hoses or the gun unless they are broken.

11. Likes Gunny Fitz liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing wrong with an Elantra.

He’s selling a stainless steel cart for the kranzle. 400 bucks, lol. That’s absolutely insane. Nonetheless he’s pretty detailed on his videos.

I like the shorter garden hoses he sells. Does anyone know where I can buy shorter lengths for power washer hook up, and bucket filling?

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast