autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can't clean AIO from pads?!?

The only thing I have found to work with AIO's is a two step (unless you consider keeping the pad from drying - then three. But, this step is as simple as putting the pads in a wet bucket or a baggie.).

First step, get the bulk of the AIO out. Dawn has worked for me. I will shortly try detergent (Tide or Persil) and I think I'm going to try Shout.

Second, the best cleaner you have. McKees pad cleaner maybe. I don't have it. What I've used that has worked is limonene (pure orange extract). Citri solv and Citrol are two of these. I use a small amount undiluted on the wet pad and work in by hand.

It's a lot of work. I just don't know a quicker, reasonably priced alternative.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ducksfan View Post
    The only thing I have found to work with AIO's is a two step (unless you consider keeping the pad from drying - then three. But, this step is as simple as putting the pads in a wet bucket or a baggie.).

First step, get the bulk of the AIO out. Dawn has worked for me. I will shortly try detergent (Tide or Persil) and I think I'm going to try Shout.

Second, the best cleaner you have. McKees pad cleaner maybe. I don't have it. What I've used that has worked is limonene (pure orange extract). Citri solv and Citrol are two of these. I use a small amount undiluted on the wet pad and work in by hand.

It's a lot of work. I just don't know a quicker, reasonably priced alternative.
    I do.

It's called McKee's Polishing Pad Cleaner.

Thank me later..........
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Post Thanks / Like

I soak them down with Megs Super Degreaser for 15 min or so after use and rinse them out with a hose with a jet nozzle or carefully with my elect PW....them wash in a APC solution in the tumble washer. Comes out looking new everytime. I think key is not oversaturating with product. I go 1 pad per 4 or 5 panels max blowing them out after every section.

Mike

Post Thanks / Like

My pads are just stained. I'm ok with that.
    ​1991 BRG Miata
    Brad's Detailed Touch
    https://www.facebook.com/Bradsdetailedtouch1

5. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing that seems to remove protective products is:

1. Getting sprayed with ONR, or Megs D101 All Purpose Cleaner immediately after use, and soak with pad cleaner when I get home / done with the job.

2. Spray with Meguiar's Wheel Cleaner, agitate, and rinse.

Meguiar's M21, and M66 are a real pain to remove from pads. The wheel cleaner works best.

When I first tried the pad cleaner I use, it came as a concentrate, in a trigger bottle. Of course I didn't read the directions, and sprayed the pads with the concentrate.

Best pad cleaner ever!

However, I was supposed to use 1oz in the bottle, and fill the rest with water - which is what I do now.

Works great diluted, but nothing gets those sealants.

I also have to make sure to brush out my compounding, polishing, and cleaner wax pads before use because there is always dust in them

Post Thanks / Like

I spray mine with window cleaner then let them soak in soapy water until I can get to them. Then I just squish them under warm water till the soap is gone. Some staining doesn't bother me.

Post Thanks / Like

In the same boat - dedicated some pads to use with 360. I found Dawn Platinum foam takes the AIO out very well but not quite 100%. That is my only complaint about 360. The old Pinnacle (red) pad cleaner is somewhat effective but not 100% either. Will have to try McKees pad cleaner next time

ScottH

Post Thanks / Like

I saturate with La awesome from the dollar store let soak for a few minutes than brush while running water over them rinse good and wring out than blow them out with compressed air and let air dry. Pads come out like new. And I use speed and 360

10. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12