autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Going backwards to go forwards!!!

Aaryn, Happy 40th Birthday!

Your shop and the shop of your former employee will never truly be in competition with one another. You will continue your highest quality work at a fair to both parties price and he will go after the low hanging fruit that is more concerned with saving a dollar, sort of bespoke vs. Kmart.

Thank you for the picture of that PBM Holden Commodore. I’m going to replace many of my chrome bits with gloss black. I may even rebadge back to Holden from Chevy. Either way, those wheels are beautiful unlike the fugly wheels GM stuck on them before sending the to the states. Just wish they weren’t so expensive...

Here’s to your continued success, cheers!
    (Its coffee for me, it’s 6:45 AM as I’m posting this, and post #1,000 for me!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Phantom Black Metallic Chevy SS, automatic, skylight, plus unused wheel in the boot.

2. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Aaryn NZ, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful work and a beautiful shop, Aaryn. Sorry to hear about the "going backwards" step but those are common in our line of work. They also help in your experience to learn and grow in this mad practice of life. I have often said, the negative lessons I've learned are worth more than the positives over time.

Keep pluggin', my friend. You are doing extremely well and that's good to hear.

4. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, Misterpaul, Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Aaron! And glad to see you post up here again!!! Hope all is well!
    Scott Harle
    Autodermatology
    #autodermatology

6. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Likes Aaryn NZ liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Wow, Aaryn.

Your work is stunning, bro!
    Thank you Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    some times working alone works out the best
    Thanks Bill.

Agreed, it certainly takes a load of stress off not having to supervise someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Wow Beautiful work! Keep on rocking!
    Cheers Kamakaz1961.

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    aaryn, things don't always go as planned and with a mountain/obstacle or two to climb (is life), things will work it's way out in the end for the better. keep staying positive my friend, thanks for being part of AGO!
    Thank you VISITOR.

Appreciate the kind words my friend. Compared to some of those Mountains we've had to climb in the last few years this is a cake walk. I'm pleased we stood back & thought about what we originally set out to do. The push of clientele backing up blurred that vision for a while. I don't wish to let anyone down but I am but one, & if they cannot wait, then so be it. Thanks again mate.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

8. Thanks VISITOR thanked for this post
    Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LEDetailing View Post
    Happy belated birthday and congratulations on your success. Keep taking time off to spend with your family. You’ll never regret spending time with your family. The detailing jobs will always be there. Especially with your skills.

In my opinion the best looking detailing comes from one man/woman operations. The exception is husband/wife teams.
    Thank you LEDetailing.

Perfect advice right there my friend. I have an incredible family & money will never buy back time not spent with them. We never set out to 'get rich' opening our own shop but I tell you - detailing has lead me to meet some fantastic people & a lot of them are via this forum, I have a wealth of friends because of detailing & I'd choose that over the dollar any day.

I love it when my Wife Ange comes in & helps out at the shop but alas - She has a full time job plus being a full time Mum plus handles all the paperwork for the shop . . . run out of time to have her there too often. Appreciate your comments mate.

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    It’s not a fluke that your shop and caliber of work are so good. You’re a good dude and you bust your a$$. Happy Birthday again my friend.
    Thank you Don my Brother.

Kind words my friend, thank you - they mean alot from you. Hope you lit one up for my Birthday bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    That was a great post! You work looks amazing also. Best of luck to you.
    Thanks Dr Oldz.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    You and the help from your wife put out awesome work and incredible finish on the cars you do!

Sorry to hear about the employee that took advantage of your kindness. It's not uncommon that they do go on their own. But it would be more acceptable if they did it with a honest and opened way about it.

You could always have an open eye for a new employee if one would come around.

Seems like you had an awesome birthday with the family. Happy Birthday!

/Tony from Sweden
    Cheers Tony.

Yeah it was a bit of a sh!##y thing to do but hey, the situation helped us see what we needed to see. Oh yeah for sure, I'll keep an eye out for that 'someone' . . . are you heading South Tony???

Thank you for taking the time to comment mate.

Aaryn NZ.
    a DETAILS Blenheim New Zealand - IDA Member - C.Quartz Finest Authorized Installer

10. Thanks SWETM, LEDetailing thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, LEDetailing liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pats300zx View Post
    Looks like you are killing it Aaryn !!!! Fantastic work !!!
    Cheers Pat.

Appreciate it buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterpaul View Post
    Aaryn, Happy 40th Birthday!

Your shop and the shop of your former employee will never truly be in competition with one another. You will continue your highest quality work at a fair to both parties price and he will go after the low hanging fruit that is more concerned with saving a dollar, sort of bespoke vs. Kmart.

Thank you for the picture of that PBM Holden Commodore. I’m going to replace many of my chrome bits with gloss black. I may even rebadge back to Holden from Chevy. Either way, those wheels are beautiful unlike the fugly wheels GM stuck on them before sending the to the states. Just wish they weren’t so expensive...

Here’s to your continued success, cheers!
    (Its coffee for me, it’s 6:45 AM as I’m posting this, and post #1,000 for me!)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you Misterpaul!

Yay for my thread being your 1000th post mate, nice!

Haha, yeah I chucked a few Holdens in there for you folks to see something a little different. Let me know if you do decide to change your badges out, I have some good contacts here at Holden.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Beautiful work and a beautiful shop, Aaryn. Sorry to hear about the "going backwards" step but those are common in our line of work. They also help in your experience to learn and grow in this mad practice of life. I have often said, the negative lessons I've learned are worth more than the positives over time.

Keep pluggin', my friend. You are doing extremely well and that's good to hear.
    Thank you Paul A.

Brilliant comments my friend & absolutely spot on too. Thank you for chiming in mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest View Post
    Happy Birthday Aaron! And glad to see you post up here again!!! Hope all is well!
    Thanks Scott.

All is good my friend, just been a bit slack & a little busy. Thanks for the Birthday wishes mate.

Aaryn NZ.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL I'm packing my bags and come half around the world to you

13. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    LOL I'm packing my bags and come half around the world to you
    You got it buddy - I can either put the kettle on or make sure there's some cold ones in the fridge!

Aaryn NZ.

15. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Great post and love the honesty about your mindset and trial's and tribulations. This post is exactly why I don't really want to get into having employees. I see it all too often that people expand and sometimes things go well but a lot of the time they end up downsizing and keeping it simple. For me I would rather be booked out 2-3 months and have people who are willing to wait for quality work then be trying to get tons of work out the door.

Myself like you share the passion and enjoy doing work(most days lol) There's a reason your successful. Your awesome at your craft, and you care about your clients. There's no way you won't be successful.

I like you have doubts all the time if I'm doing it right or can I, should I expand. Then I step back and realize that things are going awesome here and there's a reason I am booked out 2-3 months solid.

I just had a conversation with a close friend who wants to get going on his own business adventure and I told him it's mentally draining sometimes but the satisfaction and reward out does any mental demons you may have. If your skill set is there and your reputation then you'll be fine. My dad always has said your only as good as your reputation. You need to treat people right, do the job right. Even if it means taking it on the chin once and while. You do that and you'll be successful.

Keep killing it brother! Very happy to see you doing what you love and doing well.
    IGL Authorized Coating/Kenzo Installer

Final Inspection Auto Detailing- https://www.facebook.com/FinalInspection

17. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

great work. Love to see those Holdens!
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

19. Thanks Aaryn NZ thanked for this post