autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Have you use any SiO2 waxes, what's out there?

Quote Originally Posted by MrOneEyedBoh View Post
    I have my truck coated in McKees coating now. What I think is if I top the coating with something then that will wear before the coating, right?

I'm afraid the sealant or whatever might erroed or weaken the coating. I think I read that won't happen , but still plays a part in my mind
    Not sure when your coating was applied. Assume 6 months for most the mentioned waxes. They will not cause any significant wearing on the coating itself.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    If you read the msds of Polish Angel Carnuaba Arts Gold Zirkon you see it has 30% of sio2 and 30% of tio2 in it. Then with the carnuaba flakes that are Gold plated you get a pretty cool LSP. Maybe not a ceramic wax in a pot. But ceramic coating ingredients and wax could be an option.
    I didn't realize Carnauba Arts has SiO2 and TiO2. Thanks for the info! I knew the Carnauba Flockencreme's do. Therefore, PA Famous Wax would be another option for the OP.

I recall there being a thread about PA Master Sealant and whether it contains SiO2 (and/or TiO2 for that matter). I don't remember the outcome/results, but maybe SWETM does.

Post Thanks / Like

Update to my above post: PA Master Sealant apparently does include TiO2 and may include SiO2 (I won’t go into SWETM’s detailed post on the probable SiO2 reaction).

Post Thanks / Like

I like them. I seem to have less water spot problems with them. 6-8 months is about when I like like to go over the car with a finishing polish anyways. I think they are a good compromise for those that don't want to commit to a multi year coating.

I am going to use the BF SiO2 spray as lsp on a 'jazz blue' Challenger this weekend. I am planning to top with Synergy. Should last a long time as the car spends most of its time in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    I like them. I seem to have less water spot problems with them. 6-8 months is about when I like like to go over the car with a finishing polish anyways. I think they are a good compromise for those that don't want to commit to a multi year coating.

I am going to use the BF SiO2 spray as lsp on a 'jazz blue' Challenger this weekend. I am planning to top with Synergy. Should last a long time as the car spends most of its time in the garage.
    Sounds nice! I’ve wondered about Synergy with SiO2 Spray on top, but also makes (maybe more) sense to have the spray on the bottom. I’m not sure how the spray would play on top of the Carnauba in Synergy.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the PA High Gloss on top of the 2 layers of Synergy on my own car since spring time. I know it's a bit different than Reload, Cure and the BF spray but I have not had any problems so far. Application of the PA was easy. No streaks or smears. I get fantastic beading from the combo albeit that is probably all PA High Gloss.

7. Likes ronkh57, acuRAS82, Chopper280 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

DBAILEY, that is my dream combo! I have unused Synergy and unused High Gloss. Just waiting for the right time and vehicle to use them. Glad to hear someone else has tried it with success. I’m sure I’ll also try the SiO2 Spray on Synergy, probably a week or two before I go crazy with the High Gloss. I also have Black Wulfenite that I’m sitting on, waiting for that special reason/combo to use it on.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Update to my above post: PA Master Sealant apparently does include TiO2 and may include SiO2 (I won’t go into SWETM’s detailed post on the probable SiO2 reaction).
    What leads you to this conclusion? I thought the US PA rep confirmed that Master Sealant does *not* contain SiO2 or TiO2?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    What leads you to this conclusion? I thought the US PA rep confirmed that Master Sealant does *not* contain SiO2 or TiO2?
    Polish Angel Master sealant?

Among other posts within the above thread, posts 10, 20, 22 and 30 led me to my conclusion.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Polish Angel Master sealant?

Among other posts within the above thread, posts 10, 20, 22 and 30 led me to my conclusion.
    Yeah, just found that thread. Apparently some TiO2 content but no SiO2? Whatever it is, I really like it...

Hey everyone,

Master Sealant does not have any SiO2. It is composed mostly of acrylic polymers with some other things mixed in, like TiO2, to achieve the unique Polish Angel look. Also, when applying, the directions say wait 20 minutes to wipe off and 30 minutes to apply another layer. However, we have found that there is no time needed to wipe off, apply to the whole vehicle, then wipe off, and a second layer can be applied immediately after that.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast