autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Super slick QD/drying aid?

Quote Originally Posted by AZpolisher15 View Post
    Sounds like you need a California Car Duster (oh the horror!). I'm gonna get hammered for this... but imo a piece of yarn dragging a dust particle isn't going to scratch clear coat. When used properly, they work great. No, you don't lay it on the surface under its own weight and rub it back and forth several times. You hold it about 4" above the surface so just the tips of the "yarn" are in contact with the paint. You slowly move the tips across the surface and any dust on your vehicle will be removed. Mostly a non issue on vertical panels.

Can you "wash" your car with a California Car Duster? Of course not. But when used correctly, it's less damaging than a wash mitt during a 2 bucket method wash. But when it's slightly dusty between washes I think it's actually more gentle than a 2bm car wash. Just my opinion
    California Dusters are meant to be used to remove dust that has accumulated while parked in the garage. IMO trying to dust off any kind of dust/dirt that happened outdoors is asking for bad results & swirls.

Safer than a bucket wash? You’d be rinsing all the dust off prior to the wash instead of tediously wiping it off with the duster.. How could the duster be safer?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Today I tried out DG 931 (3 oz to 16 oz distilled water). It was 95 degrees out but I decided to wait until there was shade. And I also decided to wait until AFTER I dried the car instead of being wet before I applied it.

WOW. This stuff really adds the slickness I was after! I was really impressed. Gloss was pretty good too although since I was in the shade it's hard to gauge that's it any better than any other QD that I've tried. I'll see what it looks like tomorrow in the sun.

Overall this one is so far at the top of my list.
    It is awesome! Hard to beat especially for the price.

I really don't have much luck with any product holding down dust very much. I have tried many different products,and washing/drying towel techniques. Just part of it especially in the hot and dry months.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by evo77 View Post
    Today I tried out DG 931 (3 oz to 16 oz distilled water). It was 95 degrees out but I decided to wait until there was shade. And I also decided to wait until AFTER I dried the car instead of being wet before I applied it.

WOW. This stuff really adds the slickness I was after! I was really impressed. Gloss was pretty good too although since I was in the shade it's hard to gauge that's it any better than any other QD that I've tried. I'll see what it looks like tomorrow in the sun.

Overall this one is so far at the top of my list.
    excellent stuff! IME the recommended dilution is a little too much (very concentrated) and have experienced some streaking. instead of 3 ounces next time, try half (1 & 1/2 maybe 2 ounces tops) will work just fine...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    excellent stuff! IME the recommended dilution is a little too much (very concentrated) and have experienced some streaking. instead of 3 ounces next time, try half (1 & 1/2 maybe 2 ounces tops) will work just fine...
    Thanks again for the recommendation! And I will definitely try a lower dilution next time.

Oh and the gloss is fantastic too. Next to other silver metallic cars in the parking lot today, mine had a rich wet look.

Post Thanks / Like

Just used PB Spray and Gloss for the first time, to remove slight dust from black Audi paint that has PBL Sealant and M37 Extender Spray. It’s awesome. No streaks, extremely slick and it complements the glassy look of my LSP(s) very well.

The paint kept its glassy look but added some richness/shine to the black. Will try to remember to take a pic in daylight tomorrow before I dirty the car again.

6. Likes JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When you consider the cost vs benefits of DG 931/932, NOTHING comes close. No matter the color of the vehicle, it creates more depth of color and a gloss that is just plain impressive.
    I use it for final wipe down just prior to delivering the vehicle to its owner and in almost every case, the owner says they have never seen their vehicle look so good/shiny.
    I can't count the number of times customers have called me days/weeks later to find out what I use because the QDS they use isn't recreating the same deep, rich gloss the vehicle had when they picked it up.

My silver Accord stands out next to any other silver car because of the depth of color DG Aquawax is able to create. Before discovering it some years back, I was just never satisfied with the finished product with regard to white or silver vehicles due to the inherent shallowness of those colors - especially when they aren't metallic! Not anymore.
    And on colors that are already deep and bright..... WOOF! Red mettallic really pops!

For those who are on the fence, my advice is to pull the trigger and buy a bottle. You'll be glad you did!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Super slick QD/drying aid?-crossfire2-jpg  

8. Likes JustJesus, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Steve View Post
    When you consider the cost vs benefits of DG 931/932, NOTHING comes close. No matter the color of the vehicle, it creates more depth of color and a gloss that is just plain impressive.
    I use it for final wipe down just prior to delivering the vehicle to its owner and in almost every case, the owner says they have never seen their vehicle look so good/shiny.
    I can't count the number of times customers have called me days/weeks later to find out what I use because the QDS they use isn't recreating the same deep, rich gloss the vehicle had when they picked it up.

My silver Accord stands out next to any other silver car because of the depth of color DG Aquawax is able to create. Before discovering it some years back, I was just never satisfied with the finished product with regard to white or silver vehicles due to the inherent shallowness of those colors - especially when they aren't metallic! Not anymore.
    And on colors that are already deep and bright..... WOOF! Red mettallic really pops!

For those who are on the fence, my advice is to pull the trigger and buy a bottle. You'll be glad you did!
    Yes,it really works well on white and silver! As you said,it will make anything look great though!

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, I just have to chime in once more to say how great this DG 931 is. The slickness is crazy!

I decided to rinseless wash both vehicles yesterday. One had light dust and a few bugs on the front bumper. The other was more dustier but not heavily soiled. With my 0.5oz to gallon ratio (3 gallons total) I went to town. I have never had a RW glide over the surface like 931 does. It is pretty insane. The lubrication is phenomenal. Now granted, both cars still had a nice layer of the 931 QD mix from the previous wash a week ago so I'm sure this added to the crazy slickness when I laid the wash mitt over the paint.

I am really loving this stuff. I may have just found exactly what I was looking for that I don't even want to bother testing out the other products I purchased! LOL

11. Thanks Diner thanked for this post
    Likes JustJesus, Ochnob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Most of the DG stuff is very impressive. There's newer stuff and maybe even better stuff, but almost every time I compare the DG products come out near the top. Price to performance is generally excellent. Only reason i can see for not being more popular is that their products are oddly named, their web site sucks, they seem to do almost no marketing. They also have an odd collection of products (imo).
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

13. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

From the thread I see that you like 931 as a QD and RW but what do you think of using 931 as a WW? Just curious as I see they have a premixed WW available to purchase. Never used DG products before but plan on trying some out soon...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast