autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: what's your next purchase going to be (detailing or non-detailing related)?

CG Duck sprayer - their foaming sprayer.

Noico 80mil sound deadening to quiet down the interior of my 300C SRT8...I hope.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Any recommendations? I am looking at Weber's but there is a Char-Broil I got my eye on, also there is a Nexgril (something like that) at Home Depot.
    Been through too many grills for various reasons. Every time I don't get a Weber I regret it. Rust issues, burner issues, getting parts issues. I would suggest getting a Weber and being done. A well cared for Weber will go 20+ years.

I have Kamado style grill now (like the big green egg). It's good and will do anything - much better for smoking than a Weber. But it has all the disadvantages of any other charcoal grill. Sometime I just want to start the grill and cook 5 minutes later. So while I use it and it does more... overall I'd be better off with a Weber.
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

3. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Likes Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I ordered a new SunJoe SPX9004 pessure washer. Electric one with 2gpm. To mount on a shelf
    Sun Joe SPX9004-PRO Commercial Portable Pressure Washer with Roll Cage

plus a cox reel for the pressure washer hose

5. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I am in the market for a new gas grill. Last weekend I was grilling some T-bones, came in the house to grab a beer, when I walk back outside I smelled something funny. Yep my grill was on fire! The black coating on the inside and outside on one half of the dome was on fire. I guess it had enough and gave in to the heat. I've had it over 8 years, and used the hell out of it.

Any recommendations? I am looking at Weber's but there is a Char-Broil I got my eye on, also there is a Nexgril (something like that) at Home Depot.
    The fire on the inside was from grease...just use a small metal scraper to clean every once in a while.

Stay away from Nexgril and Char-Broil...at best these are 2-3 season grills.

If you can't spend on a Weber, like me, well, I bought a Broil King at Lowes - Shop Broil King Baron 440 Black 4-Burner Liquid Propane Gas Grill with 1 Side Burner at Lowes.com

I got it on sale for around $400 or so 3 years ago. Stainless steel parts, double layer hood. Only down side I've encountered is with really high heat (mine gets up to 600 degrees easily) and high fat meats, I can get flare-ups if I don't manage the heating well. Broil King also has a very good warranty - Broil King Help - Broil King Barbecue Grill Warranty

Review - Broil King Baron 440 Gas Grill Review

7. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post
    I ordered a new SunJoe SPX9004 pessure washer. Electric one with 2gpm. To mount on a shelf

i was just browsing their site and noticed they have a cordless air compressor. this would be great to blow out pads without having to deal with the plug...

9. Likes SWETM, Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I really do like the Weber's. I am not cheap by any means but the Weber's are half the size and double the money compared to most of the market. But I do like the Genesis E-310, it seems like a quality product and has a smaller footprint then my current grill. This is a big plus as I want something smaller, I store all my outdoor cooking gear in the garage.

I am just looking for something to do basic grill duties. I have a Smoke Hollow smoker for the smoke action.

11. Likes Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Jmak- Do both side shelfs on the Broil King fold down?

edit- I just looked again and it has a side burner.

Post Thanks / Like

I really do like the Weber's. I am not cheap by any means but the Weber's are half the size and double the money compared to most of the market. But I do like the Genesis E-310
    I will say however, Weber Gas Grills cost more, but they are absolutely worth it. My wife bought my Genesis model nearly 15 years ago for me as a birthday present and it's like brand new still. Finish on it is light years above others and rivals a car. The burners have never been replaced and I just last week cleaned it out entirely and they are still like brand new. The igniter is the original and works flawlessly. The only replacement I've done are the flavor rails that cover the burner. They are porcelin coated of course, but they do deteriorate and I replaced them perhaps 5 years ago? Still, worth every penny. I'm not at all "cheap" but I don't overpay if I don't have to but will state again, they are the best out there and for solid reasons.

I want to upgrade to a larger 4 burner or more one and have no problem paying a pretty penny for the new one. The problem is I'm cheap and don't want to sell my old one for a deal given it's condition.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

14. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Likes Diner, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daviddear30 View Post

That looks very nice. I have been contemplating a pressure washer. I want a Kranzle or AR similar to your SunJoe, but the Kranzle and AR are way too much.

I’d love to hear your review of the SunJoe. I really like that style with all the features. I didn’t know SunJoe had anything in that style. Thanks for sharing and congrats on the cool new detailing gadget!

16. Likes Daviddear30 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Been through too many grills for various reasons. Every time I don't get a Weber I regret it. Rust issues, burner issues, getting parts issues. I would suggest getting a Weber and being done. A well cared for Weber will go 20+ years.

I have Kamado style grill now (like the big green egg). It's good and will do anything - much better for smoking than a Weber. But it has all the disadvantages of any other charcoal grill. Sometime I just want to start the grill and cook 5 minutes later. So while I use it and it does more... overall I'd be better off with a Weber.
    I’ve had my Weber for 20 years so far. Still works great. I love that the older ones have 2 sets of flavorizer bars. I have replaced the starter button and upgraded the grates to stainless. Other than that it is still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

18. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Likes Diner, PaulMys liked this post
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast