autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stubborn water spotting with CSL...too late for exo or will it even help?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Have you tried Carpro Spotless on both coated and non coated paint? I’ve only tried it a couple of times on non coated paint with no luck. I know it’s geared towards using it on coated paint and I’m wondering if the results are night & day.
    I have not. I've only used it on a coated vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like

Eldorado2k, you must live in a place with a lot of industrial fallout. I've never seen anyone need claying as often as you do with your cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Eldorado2k, you must live in a place with a lot of industrial fallout. I've never seen anyone need claying as often as you do with your cars.
    I'm old enough to remember the smog in LA when you couldn't see down the street because it was so dense. This was in the '70s. Compared to then the air is pristine now.

See: L.A.'s Smoggy Past, in Photos | KCET

But, I have been to mainland China recently and the smog in Beijing, Shangai and Shenzen is probably worse (and more toxic) then LA prior to the Clean Air Act.

See: Smog blankets Beijing, northern China, causes road closures around the country | South China Morning Post

The amazing thing about China is there could be a storm that passes through and when it's gone you would think the air would clear up for a day or two. No chance of that, the smog returns within an hour or less in most cases. What does that tell you about the amount being spewed by factories and cars? Curiously, the cars there, even late model US (Buicks are very popular, BTW) and European models emit a lot of "unburned hydrocarbons" and you can smell it when you're standing behind an idling car. Some smell like '60s hot rods we see here in the US.

4. Likes DBAILEY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Actually, the only time my paint is littered with bonded contaminants is when I decide to stray from my tried and true lsp of choice [a sealant that has been discontinued]

We’ve had this Kia since 2014 when it was brand new and still to this day I’ve never pulled contaminants off it’s paint.

And when I’m not playing games with my daily drivers paint there’s never any bonded contaminants, I’ve gone over a year and still no contaminants & perfectly smooth paint.

But as soon as I decide to play games and do a little testing on my car every single lsp product to date has been an epic fail. Absolutely nothing I’ve tested in the past 4yrs. lives up to expectations, whether it’s wax, AIO’s, popular sealants, spray sealants, coatings, you name it, this is where they come to fail...

[my car split up into test panels]

[and the typical results in a short amount of time]

I live at the southern tip of Los Angeles, within a mile of the Port.

We’re also surrounded by all the refineries down here...

This spot on the road where this picture was taken is like a 2-3 min. drive from where I’m at.

Contaminants are no joke down here. Cute lsps get destroyed. Lol.

6. Thanks DBAILEY thanked for this post
    Likes GEM65, SWETM, Jon TDS liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Actually, the only time my paint is littered with bonded contaminants is when I decide to stray from my tried and true lsp of choice [a sealant that has been discontinued]
    This got my interest!
    Curious to know the sealant Stubborn water spotting with CSL...too late for exo or will it even help?

Post Thanks / Like

I can confirm the water spotting from c2v3. It's only on the surface though but still frustrating.

9. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GEM65 View Post
    This got my interest!
    Curious to know the sealant Stubborn water spotting with CSL...too late for exo or will it even help?
    Me to, what's the discontinued lsp Eldo?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12