autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Master sealant?

Nice I also emailed them it's very confusing. I bought that Ultra red because it says it was a pre-soak that would not remove waxes on the USA site.

I emailed Travis and it turns out that it's a super strong APC. It was stripping my wax right off in the winter

2. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey everyone,

Master Sealant does not have any SiO2. It is composed mostly of acrylic polymers with some other things mixed in, like TiO2, to achieve the unique Polish Angel look. Also, when applying, the directions say wait 20 minutes to wipe off and 30 minutes to apply another layer. However, we have found that there is no time needed to wipe off, apply to the whole vehicle, then wipe off, and a second layer can be applied immediately after that.

Owner of Dream Detail LLC

4. Thanks rlmccarty2000, BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrKent View Post
    Hey everyone,

Master Sealant does not have any SiO2. It is composed mostly of acrylic polymers with some other things mixed in, like TiO2, to achieve the unique Polish Angel look. Also, when applying, the directions say wait 20 minutes to wipe off and 30 minutes to apply another layer. However, we have found that there is no time needed to wipe off, apply to the whole vehicle, then wipe off, and a second layer can be applied immediately after that.
    O well I just applied it over essence. It looks pretty damn good anyway. I'll post a pic but if I knew I would of used famous over the essence.

Post Thanks / Like

7. Likes TrKent, BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

9. Likes TrKent, BudgetPlan1, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post

Polish Angel sure seems to look exceptionally well on white, very rich and 'creamy'.

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Polish Angel sure seems to look exceptionally well on white, very rich and 'creamy'.
    Thanks I used Essence too. I wasn't sure if people were going to like it

Post Thanks / Like

Nice I also emailed them it's very confusing. I bought that Ultra red because it says it was a pre-soak that would not remove waxes on the USA site.

I emailed Travis and it turns out that it's a super strong APC. It was stripping my wax right off in the winter
    Did you ever get a response from your email? I've called, emailed, and messaged them numerous times since January and no response. Their customer service is non existent!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks I used Essence too. I wasn't sure if people were going to like it
    Ever tried Synergy on Essence? I’ve never gotten a response about anyone trying that but remember you use to use Synergy.

Related question: are nano-glass (Synergy and PBL coatings) and SiO2 the same?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TrKent View Post
    Hey everyone,

After a bit of reading about the msds different chemicals. I think it has sio2 in it too. It's the Tetraethylsilikat that when mixed with water has the chemical reaction that makes sio2 when finished. With the product in the bottle it's okay but when relased to open air and the carrier for Tetraethylsilikat is evaporated which I think is the naptha. The Tetraethylsilikat is doing it's cross linking and chemical reaction that makes sio2 on the paint. In English Tetraethylsilikat is Tetraethyl orthosilicate used to be called TEOS . Which I think that many uses to get sio2 on the paint.
    Here is some from Wikipedia:

TEOS easily converts to silicon dioxide upon the addition of water:

Si(OC2H5)4 + 2 H2O → SiO2 + 4 C2H5OH

An idealized equation is shown, in reality the silica produced is hydrated. This hydrolysis reaction is an example of a sol-gel process. The side product is ethanol. The reaction proceeds via a series of condensation reactions that convert the TEOS molecule into a mineral-like solid via the formation of Si-O-Si linkages. Rates of this conversion are sensitive to the presence of acids and bases, both of which serve as catalysts. The Stöber process allows the formation of monodisperse and mesoporous silica.[7][8][9]

At elevated temperatures (>600 °C), TEOS converts to silicon dioxide:

Si(OC2H5)4 → SiO2 + 2 (C2H5)2O

The volatile coproduct is diethyl ether.

So with about 20% of sio2 and 10% of tio2. And the 45% of acrylic polymers you have a pretty great base I think. Then not to forget about Aminofunctional Silicone Fluid 5 - 10 % CAS 69430-37-1which seems to be ad the hydrophobic properties and chemical resistant ability.

Amino Functional Silicone Fluids - AM-6536

Then how much that bonds to the paint and the residue left overs ratio I don't know.

Edit: Looked at what kind of chemical sio2 carpro cquk is based on. And it's based on with Aminoalkoxydimethylpolysiloxane 35 - 45 %
    69430-37-1. So it's seems to MS has 2 different strings of sio2 in it. Remember I'm not a chemist but with the google and msds sheat you can find out a little about products.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast