autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant comparison

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    So the recent thread on best bang for your buck has me curious about how fk1000p wood stack up against collinite 476 double coat as far as long jevity and price per panel when doing the application as far as how you did your graph. I know you didn't use 476 so it's all speculation. Think I get 1000p and 476 and do some comparing on my Chevy. Think KAIO, KSG, 476, 845, 1000p.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    It's funny you bring this up because I have 476 being delivered today and will be doing half on my car with the other half wearing fk1000p. I want to see exactly how they both do and will do either weekly spray offs, or foam and rinse with monthly bucket washes. I really want to see how well they release and resist dirt

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2. Likes ch17 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for all the effort and data Cruzecarwash! I hated having too pick products just based on people's opinions instead of good data.
    Based on people's opinion, I bought DG111 last year as the first wax/sealant I've ever used and it was very durable (even through touchless coin-op washes) but man was it a magnet for dust and pollen! After I applied it, I also applied OCW once but that wears off in a couple weeks so I don't think that was a factor in the dust attention but I'm not sure. Here's a pic with the dust attraction and once the DG111 wore off, there was never a solid coating of dust sticking anymore - just the normal amount you would see on a car driving dirt roads.
    Sealant comparison-img_4814-2-jpg

I just ordered Sonax PNS due to your test so I'll compare the dust attraction of PNS, PNS/OCW, DG111, DG111/OCW, and OCW once I receive it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by minerigger View Post
    So the recent thread on best bang for your buck has me curious about how fk1000p wood stack up against collinite 476 double coat as far as long jevity and price per panel when doing the application as far as how you did your graph. I know you didn't use 476 so it's all speculation. Think I get 1000p and 476 and do some comparing on my Chevy. Think KAIO, KSG, 476, 845, 1000p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scanlon82 View Post
    Do you have 915 to include also?
    Agree. I would like to test both 476 and 915. I don't have either. I've bought most of what I'm testing and have traded for a few others. Besides being a money issue, I hate buying full bottles/cans to use only a little. I have about 8 more products on hand to test. There are at least another dozen I want to test, maybe two dozen. I'll likely just buy them.

I know trading is an option. It doesn't work for me. Way too much hassle to bottle up and send. I had to send out ~20 sample a few months ago and it almost killed me. I still have about 5 samples to go out but I've somehow lost what is going to who. My inbox fills up and I have to start deleting messages when trading, and then it all goes sideways.

If you're reading this and I committed to send you something pls send me a reminder. Below is what I have bottled and ready to go. And whoever sent me the Sonus Acrylic Glanz pls remind me and I'll get it back to you. Pls don't try to scam me - I know who traded with me. No new trade requests, pls.

Ready to go and owed to a few of you:

Prima Wheel Armour
    Prima Slick
    HD Speed
    Collinite 845
    McKee's 360
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

To comment on the dirt shedding and dust pollen: I can't asses that much where I live due to the heavy amount of rain and dirty water splashing on the car. Maybe in June - Sept time frame I can get a better handle on these two.

Post Thanks / Like

Rippy, no problem regarding the 915. I would send you a sample of 915 but I don’t even know how to portion out a paste wax or what I would put it in. Not to mention outgoing mail always takes weeks to get sent in my household as we just don’t do it very often.

7. Thanks ToddStrasser thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Np, and same here. Just a big pain in the behind for me. I see if I can find somebody local who has some stuff to share or wants to split some products. Somebody local to me is likely to end up with a lot of free product.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonax is also fairly clingy at least for me. I dont drive on dirt roads like that so not as noticeable.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

RippyD - I am new to Autogeek, but I have followed this post for a while and enjoyed your tests and all the work you put in!!!

As an aside my wife worked for years in downtown Portland and her son currently lives just across the river in Vancouver, WA - so I am pretty familiar with your climate and locale...

Post Thanks / Like

I did some soap testing and discovered that even a rinseless wash can mask the properties of a sealant. I don't think the results here are wrong, but this may explain some of the inconsistency I was seeing that I guessed was due to temperature. The question is what to do about it? Rinsing with a MF after washing helps some. Going forward I will likely either pressure wash and not use any soap or will use a rinseless and then PW afterward. Not sure which is better and am open to imput.

For today's pics I didn't wash - I used a pressure washer with no soap. The light was bad and don't have many usable pics.

On right side where I had the best longevity things are still working, but barely. You can see DG 111 and Track Claw starting to shed water after I flooded it with the hose. It's time to call these done.

Sonax PNS still doing something, but not much.

Interestingly, Paint Guard+ appears to have some life left in it which I hadn't seen recently when washing with soap. This one needs a retest.

Will try to get both hoods polished and sealants re-applied this weekend. Have some deck work and other stuff to do also - will have to see how it goes.

12. Thanks Eldorado2k, Themikerobe thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If you have or would get some of carpro reset or gyeon bathe or Meguiars Hyper Wash that leaves nothing behind. A simple way if not washing the whole car is to have a spray bottle with the car soap solution. Rinse first then spray the hood and wash media and wash and rinse off.

Interesting that some have revived from the dead or almost done.

Page 14 of 59 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast