autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!

Bought this Ryobi recently and have used it 2 or 3 times, haven't done the improved setup yet but will. Amazing machine for the money, much more powerful than my old 1750psi gas Karcher. My question relates to pump protector - manual say pump lubricated for life but then recommends using pump protector after each use and before storage. What do you guys do?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Got rid of my Overpriced Karcher PW and bought a Cheap Ryobi & Upgraded it... way better setup!!

Just bought the washer, FYI its on sale at Home Depot for $80 until 4/15/2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m really happy with my SunJoe SPX3500. Quality seems really good. Nice and quiet. Hose is very flexible. All materials seem strong. Sunjoe have had really good reviews for a while. I have a Subaru gas power washer for bigger jobs. Things a beast.

Post Thanks / Like

Just ordered all the stuff from MTM except for the hose mentioned in the OP. I guess its not available anymore so I found this one on Amazon.

Amazon.com: JGB Enterprises Eagle Hose Eaglewash I Wrapped Grey Modified Nitrile Pressure Washer Hose Assembly, 3/8" NPT Male X NPT Male Swivel with Guards, 4000 psi Maximum Pressure, 50' Length, 3/8" Hose ID: Industrial & Scientific

Should work fine.

5. Thanks jeeptrailrunner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Hammer77 for the sale info. I bought mine on 3-15 at regular price since I had been watching for a sale for several weeks and finally gave up. Home Depot will honor sale price within 30 days of purchase so I just made a quick run in there and got a $40 refund. Without your post I most likely would not have known in time. Appreciate it.

Also, still hoping to hear from someone re: my earlier post on pump lubrication.

7. Likes Hammer77 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good deal Willieg, glad it helped! Sorry I can't answer your question, that's new to me. May I ask, are you running yours with the stock hose and wand or did you purchase the add on stuff (or similar) Zach mentioned in the OP? Either way could you share your thoughts about the performance of the unit?

Thanks
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Right now just using the hose and wand that came with it. I plan to upgrade along the lines of what Zach was recommending. Have only used the unit a couple of times so far but I really like it and am impressed by the power it has. My old gas Karcher is rated at 1750psi and this Ryobi will clean circles around it. I will post more later as I gain more use experience but I thought it was a bargain at $119 and, now, at $79 - wow! Anybody thinking about it should jump on the $79 deal that ends tomorrow.

10. Thanks Hammer77 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The pump is lubricated internally "for life", whatever that means to you, but pump protector helps take care of the pump portion of the pump where the water flows through, not the internal mechanics. Think of it like a car water pump. There's the internal parts that don't touch water and the impeller that is exposed to and pumps the water through your cooling system.

12. Thanks willieg thanked for this post
    Likes Breese147 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, makes sense. Guess I'll get some pump protector

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Price still shows 79.99. It might be a permanent reduction, as it doesnt show as a sale price anymore.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast