autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it smart for me to spend 1800 on a 3 weekend course on detailing?

Quote Originally Posted by Colehep View Post
    Hello my name is Cole Hepburn this is my second post here and LOVE the blog. I have been detailing for 9 years from the nastiest cars to new off the lot details. I worked in a number of dealer ships and now I am at an autobody shop but I plan to start my own thing one day and hopfully leads to a shop. This 3 weekend course is about 1850 . The trainer is an exotic car detailer from Toronto. ( Should of mentioned I'm in Ontario) she is going to train top to bottom all the interior and teach polishing and I think some coating talk as well and demos . Now I am an avid learner and I think the more you learn and learn from different people the more well you know. But I am having an issue with slapping almost 1900 on a training when I don't no if it will give me much value am I looking at it the wrong way ? Should I be more looking at the value of the teacher and not what is on paper or over the phone? ..

BTW I am a single father and 1900 is a far chunk of change for me .

Thank you if you answer back

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Autogeekonline mobile app
    You could work for a detailing company to learn the basics. Hands on training I would say

2. Likes Colehep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ClearVue18 View Post
    If your married yes cause it gives you 3 weekends of peace!

I've been married 26 years and look forward to spending the weekends with my wife, she's my best friend
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

4. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes PaulMys, dlc95, Desertnate, rangerbay, JKDesign liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by custmsprty View Post

I've been married 26 years and look forward to spending the weekends with my wife, she's my best friend
    wow good man. I love my wife to end of the earth but her and I are complete A-holes so being in the same area for more than 8 hours together is like 2 nuclear warheads dropping in a war zone lol. So any free time is great for me

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, Mark.

Me too. Wife & I have been together for 21 years. We both work so much that any free time I have I love spending it with her.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

7. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I was going to spend any money to take a broad detailing course/learn in person, I would only spend money if Mike Phillips was the instructor. Regardless of what we were learning about.

I would also consider spending money if Rupes offers some sort of course to learn with their whole lineup of machines.

9. Likes custmsprty, Colehep liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm also an avid learner, with that said, I'd want to be trained by someone that's relevant (well known) in the Detailing industry.

Mike Phillips and Renny Doyles class would be my 2 recommendations.. Mike being in the budget you proposed.

I know a free seminar that'll be worth more then some of the ones that charge 1500+
    If you don't mind heading to PA end of this month

11. Likes custmsprty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ShineStruck View Post
    I'm also an avid learner, with that said, I'd want to be trained by someone that's relevant (well known) in the Detailing industry.

Mike Phillips and Renny Doyles class would be my 2 recommendations.. Mike being in the budget you proposed.

I know a free seminar that'll be worth more then some of the ones that charge 1500+
    are you speaking of Detail King?

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, Renny would be my other choice. Geographically since I live 3 hours from Stuart that would be my first choice. I partied after hours with Renny at Detail Fest 10, he's a really down to earth awesome guy too and a wealth of knowledge. And Clearvue, my wife and daughter went with me on that overnight trip, they were totally cool with me hanging out with after, after hours with the late nighters at the hotel. LOL Oh yeah, and that's right, that was on a weekend...............
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Post Thanks / Like

Is it smart for me to spend 1800 on a 3 weekend course on detailing?

I agree, Renny would be my other choice. Geographically since I live 3 hours from Stuart that would be my first choice. I partied after hours with Renny at Detail Fest 10, he's a really down to earth awesome guy too and a wealth of knowledge. And Clearvue, my wife and daughter went with me on that overnight trip, they were totallycool with me hanging out with after, after hours with the late nighters at the hotel. LOL Oh yeah, and that's right, that was on a weekend...............

Your a better man than me sir different strokes for different folks. I Mr. ClearVue18 would leave the girls home matter fact my daughter wouldn’t even want to go lol now that I think about it. I’ll save that for family trips. My wife is going to Jamaica and Paris for the summer with her girls and I’ll be in heaven with my bowl of ice cream,chips,Grubhub app,Xbox,PlayStation, and jellybeans lol

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

15. Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That would be awesome but I am in Ontario . And at the moment can't travel to far from the little one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Autogeekonline mobile app

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast