autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which MF towels should I buy?

Quote Originally Posted by slapjack View Post
    How would I wash towels if I’m only doing a few at a time like maybe 6-10? Maybe like 1 oz and setting at normal load with hot water, 2 rinses and dry on low? Just wondering cause when I first get them u wash before use right? So I’ll only do like colors together and I’m starting off with 6-10 if eagle style. After the first wash I should be able to wash them together right and they won’t bleed? Assuming that I’m talking about trc brand towels

What about the pfm drying towel? Probably only need to wash that every few times of use? Should that be washed alone and hang dried? Deff want some advice in that one cause I don’t want to ruin a $40 towel
    I do just like Visitor does. I wash on hot and warm, just depends on what they were used for. Also check lint trap and dry on low. I also use a “dryer ball” to help with drying and fluffing fibers up. Can get them at Bed Bath And Beyond for $10.
    The PFM soaks a lot of water and will take forever to hang dry unless you live in Arizona.
    Yes wash first to help with color bleeding.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by h8dirtycars View Post
    if you haven't spent money on a dedicated microfiber detergent yet, I would advice to use that money on additional towels.
    I used free and clear for some time as well.

I recently switched over to 3d towel kleen. I can’t really say it gets the towels any cleaner, or fluffier, or what have you. But it’s at least as good or better. I feel some of my towels absorb water better, could be placebo since I have no objective way of proving it.

But the barrier for me investing in a microfiber specific detergent was the belief they were all sort of expensive for what seemed like just free and clear detergent... (based on the price of micro restore, anyway.)

If you catch 3d towel kleen during a sale it’s really cheap, I think I paid like 13-14 bucks for the gallon I have. I believe that ends up being cheaper than buying free and clear detergent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice. I am going to start off with some edgeless 300 for wax and sealant removal, 245’s for interior, a couple eagle edgeless 500 for final buff some 16x24 waffle weaves for windows and the GG pfm for drying. That will get me started at least and then I can start buying some more at my convenience.
    In edition I'd get some 365 gsms edgeless for removing waxes and buffing. They are the best all purpose size. If you do waterless washes the 420's are good for that. Also the twist loop light blue glass towel is nice instead of waffle weave

Post Thanks / Like

How would I wash towels if I’m only doing a few at a time like maybe 6-10? Maybe like 1 oz and setting at normal load with hot water, 2 rinses and dry on low? Just wondering cause when I first get them u wash before use right? So I’ll only do like colors together and I’m starting off with 6-10 if eagle style. After the first wash I should be able to wash them together right and they won’t bleed? Assuming that I’m talking about trc brand towels

What about the pfm drying towel? Probably only need to wash that every few times of use? Should that be washed alone and hang dried? Deff want some advice in that one cause I don’t want to ruin a $40 towel
    Dont wash the eagles in hot water I got that right from the TRC. It frayes the fibers, then they lose absorbancy

Post Thanks / Like

WOW that is a crazy amount of towels! Im in the market for some new ones as well and was checking out the TRC site.

I wash my towels now and then rinse cycle with vinegar, but for some reason lately when i spray interior clean on a rag
    and wipe my plastic painted parts it seems to smug lint across them.. any help on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Automoglow View Post
    WOW that is a crazy amount of towels! Im in the market for some new ones as well and was checking out the TRC site.

I wash my towels now and then rinse cycle with vinegar, but for some reason lately when i spray interior clean on a rag
    and wipe my plastic painted parts it seems to smug lint across them.. any help on this?
    Run a lint roller over them after they come out of the dryer. Also make sure your lint trap is completely clean.

7. Thanks Automoglow thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I'm pretty sure the 3d says it's made for high efficiency washing right on the bottle.It t says not to use too much because of the limited rinsing
    My wife does the laundry so not too familiar with the washer lol.... so how do u add vinegar to the rinse? Do u have to just dump in a few oz. when it starts rinsing or is there a spot to put the vinegar that it will dump in automatically?

I can use towel Kleen on its own right? Don’t need anything else with it? Just wondering cause I saw someone said they use that plus microrestore.

And can anyone verify what Fightnews said about towel Kleen he thought it may say made for HE washers on the back of the bottle?

Kappy

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Dont wash the eagles in hot water I got that right from the TRC. It frayes the fibers, then they lose absorbancy
    I think it's fabric softener that needs to avoided, and not hot water, at least according to the use and care tips.

Post Thanks / Like

I put the vinegar in the fabric softener spot

Post Thanks / Like

This is on the auto geek site under the MF towel section. It shows a picture to wash them on the " hot/cold" setting

Microfiber Care Guide, Clean Cobra Microfiber Towels, Applicators & Tools with Pinnacle Micro Rejuvenator Microfiber Detergent. Clean & dry microfiber

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast