autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: New LC Flat Pads - Change in Cutting / Finishing Order?

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    Orange, White, and Black are the staples for most users.

sorry Dan, I accidently hit the dislike button

2. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

New LC Flat Pads - Change in Cutting / Finishing Order?

@David@LakeCountry. Thanks for the detailed reply.
    I’ve always liked the high quality of Lake Country pads, the flat foam pads were the 1st pads I ever bought and they never let me down. Since then I’ve gone onto buy a large set of 3” Thinpros and that’s my main setup when working small.

And while I probably won’t be in the market for flat foam pads in the near future, it’s mainly due to moving onto your HD Orbitals/HDO pads and I’m looking into your microfiber pads for long throw polishers. New LC Flat Pads - Change in Cutting / Finishing Order?

Regular Member David at LC Pads's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    This.New LC Flat Pads - Change in Cutting / Finishing Order?
    If I was confused, the first thing I would do is go the the website, and call or email the company to ask for technical help.....

We're available through the website, or you can email david.patterson@lakecountrymfg.com for any of your questions or concerns.

- Dave

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Eldorado2k;1564451]@David@LakeCountry. Thanks for the detailed reply.
    I’ve always liked the high quality of Lake Country pads, the flat foam pads were the 1st pads I ever bought and they never let me down. Since then I’ve gone onto buy a large set of 3” Thinpros and that’s my main setup when working small.

And while I probably won’t be in the market for flat foam pads in the near future, it’s mainly due to moving onto your HD Orbitals/HDO pads and I’m looking into your microfiber pads for long throw polishers. New LC Flat Pads - Change in Cutting / Finishing Order?

@eldorado2k - not a problem and I apologize for not seeing this earlier. If anyone ever has issues or questions please feel free to email the address in the post above. I'm more than happy to help get these things resolved.

Thanks for the support!

6. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David@LakeCountry View Post
    I would say your statement above is far from the truth, but I can appreciate your thought process. We removed some of our colors to simplify the lines, and made the CCS and flat in identical orders of aggression.

I can agree that having the original line of pads in a similar color scheme is helpful to the detailer or user, but I think there needs to be a true comparison of the comparison.

We updated the CCS and flat pad lines to represent a consistent line of pads in both flat, CCS and in all sizes. Now any flat pad is available in any size, any ccs pad is available in any size, and they are all the same foams regardless.

If you choose to look at aggression chart for BNS, you can clearly see that their aggression chart is different from 5.5" to 6"

If you buy 5.5" pads, the yellow is most aggressive int he standard BNS line. If you buy them in the 6" size, the orange is more aggressive.

I can understand the concern and criticism, but lets please compare apples to apples at a minimum.
    holy smokes, I thought I was pretty clear in my post that I thought the latest improvements to the LC 5.5" pad line-up were a good thing and I liked that LC was simplifying their lineup of pads. Where on earth did you get the impression that I was concerned and criticizing LC?

We were talking about the latest changes, and my response was specifically to the pictures posted of the new 5.5" pad lineup. I said that it was a GOOD thing that the LC's pad color scheme was now closer to B&S. I think it's a good thing that LC has simplified their lineup. How is comparing the colors/aggressiveness of B&S 5.5" flat pads to the new & improved LC 5.5" flat pad lineup NOT an apples to apples comparison?

It makes no sense why B&S 6.5" yellow pads are less aggressive than B&S 6.5" orange and if B&S changed their 6.5" pad color/aggressiveness to the same as the 5.5" pads I would also say that would be a good thing. My entire point was meant to applaud LC for taking steps to simplify and reduce confusion for consumers when purchasing pads from their flat pad lineup. Comparing the LC 5.5" flat pads to the B&S 5.5" flat pads doesn't seem like much of a stretch IMO?

I even explained that I felt bad for LC because people have complained in the past and there has been a ton of confusion regarding LC pads and color options and now that LC has taken steps to simplify it, people are even more confused and upset.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was confused, the first thing I would do is go the the website, and call or email the company to ask for technical help.....

We're available through the website, or you can email david.patterson@lakecountrymfg.com for any of your questions or concerns.

- Dave
    David, I personally emailed customer service as well as you directly on February 1st.

After no response, I then emailed you again on February 13th.

I finally got a response from you on February 15th after leaving a comment about it in another thread.

I waited for over a month to hear back from you.

On March 23rd I decided to send you a quick reminder to follow up on our conversation.

That was 4 days ago and I STILL haven't heard back from you.

IME the chances of us having any of our questions or concern actually answered by you are considerably higher if we post them to a public forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mwoywod View Post
    sorry Dan, I accidently hit the dislike button
    Never a problem!

Happens to the best of us.

10. Thanks mwoywod thanked for this post
    Likes mwoywod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

David, I personally emailed customer service as well as you directly on February 1st.

After no response, I then emailed you again on February 13th.

I finally got a response from you on February 15th after leaving a comment about it in another thread.

I waited for over a month to hear back from you.

On March 23rd I decided to send you a quick reminder to follow up on our conversation.

That was 4 days ago and I STILL haven't heard back from you.

IME the chances of us having any of our questions or concern actually answered by you are considerably higher if we post them to a public forum.
    Matt, I wasn't trying to offend you, but I must say that your initial response was not read in the same way you chose reply the second time, which is why i felt the need to make sure it was clarified. Regardless my comment was to clarify the information on this forum, definitely not to make you feel like it was aggressive towards you.

I'm sorry that you feel you didn't get an appropriate response or get it quickly enough. I will admit that apparently you did not get a follow up response in mid February, which was my fault, and I sincerely apologize. Yesterday was my first day back after being out for two weeks with my wife because she had an unexpected, early c-section. I haven't been able to physically look to see if I could find you a couple pads (that have been discontinued close to 6 months ago), let alone get caught up with the 250+ unread emails. I will follow up with your email as soon as possible, and again apologize for the delayed response.

12. Likes The Guz, Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Matt, I wasn't trying to offend you, but I must say that your initial response was not read in the same way you chose reply the second time, which is why i felt the need to make sure it was clarified. Regardless my comment was to clarify the information on this forum, definitely not to make you feel like it was aggressive towards you.

I'm sorry that you feel you didn't get an appropriate response or get it quickly enough. I will admit that apparently you did not get a follow up response in mid February, which was my fault, and I sincerely apologize. Yesterday was my first day back after being out for two weeks with my wife because she had an unexpected, early c-section. I haven't been able to physically look to see if I could find you a couple pads (that have been discontinued close to 6 months ago), let alone get caught up with the 250+ unread emails. I will follow up with your email as soon as possible, and again apologize for the delayed response.
    You're right, I went back and read my initial post and I could see how it could come across like that. I should have been a little clearer because I really did feel bad for LC that they were getting a negative response from what I perceived as good thing. I.E. Simplifying the flat pad lineup and making it easier to understand.

No problem with the delayed email response. I knew what I was asking was a bit of a long shot and I didn't realize what you were dealing with personally. An unexpected c-section and a newborn baby is FAR more important than my questions on the 4" Waffle Pro pads.lol My fault for getting defensive.

Post Thanks / Like

You're right, I went back and read my initial post and I could see how it could come across like that. I should have been a little clearer because I really did feel bad for LC that they were getting a negative response from what I perceived as good thing. I.E. Simplifying the flat pad lineup and making it easier to understand.

No problem with the delayed email response. I knew what I was asking was a bit of a long shot and I didn't realize what you were dealing with personally. An unexpected c-section and a newborn baby is FAR more important than my questions on the 4" Waffle Pro pads.lol My fault for getting defensive.
    Hey, no problem, and that's how text and words work. No hard feelings on my end at all, and I hope the same for you. Words can be easily taken out of the intended context. I did only get through 35 emails or so, but i did get a chance to look for that stuff, and again, I sincerely apologize. email coming your way.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast