autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Do you prime each pad before use when correcting or polishing?

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Nice straw. I clearly said I spread the polish extremely thin you added in the flooding part. Ever heard of underkill? Wait, don’t answer that...judging by the fact I've never noticed your posts...
    You should, maybe you would actually learn something from experienced professionals instead of being a keyboard pirate who continuously gives wrong advice. Spend more time on the paint and less making ludicrous statements showing inexperience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Nice straw. I clearly said I spread the polish extremely thin you added in the flooding part. Ever heard of underkill? Wait, don’t answer that...judging by the fact I've never noticed your posts...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    You should, maybe you would actually learn something from experienced professionals instead of being a keyboard pirate who continuously gives wrong advice. Spend more time on the paint and less making ludicrous statements showing inexperience.
    Not trying to play forum cop here (not my job in the first place), but come on, men. Petty sniping is SO not the AGO way.

I have read many posts from both of you guys, and I know that you are both above resorting to a hissy fight over polishing methods.

Right?

The negativity really degrades the experience of this thread, and the forum as a whole. IMO
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

3. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Not trying to play forum cop here (not my job in the first place), but come on, men. Petty sniping is SO not the AGO way.

I have read many posts from both of you guys, and I know that you are both above resorting to a hissy fight over polishing methods.

Right?

The negativity really degrades the experience of this thread, and the forum as a whole. IMO
    You are right, apologies to fightnews and all.

Post Thanks / Like

I used this method and it worked great. The picture the the multiple stamps is the finish after the menzerna fg400 and I was stamping the menzerna 3500 to polish with that. Super shiny
    Thank you guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Do you prime each pad before use when correcting or polishing?-20180324_181513-jpg   Do you prime each pad before use when correcting or polishing?-20180324_181438-jpg  

6. Likes SWETM, Ronin47, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lalojamesliz View Post
    I used this method and it worked great. The picture the the multiple stamps is the finish after the menzerna fg400 and I was stamping the menzerna 3500 to polish with that. Super shiny
    Thank you guys.
    Awesome LOL Don't worry be Happy!

Post Thanks / Like

There have been many opinions posted here and I am still not sure about priming the pad. The most aggressive type of paint correction that I have down is some swirl removal with a CCS orange light cutting pad. I spread a small amount of product on the entire surface of the pad but not so much as to saturate it. That seemed to work very well as I had good coverage without splatter. After the first couple of sections I only used three small dots of product.
    Was priming the pad a waste of product?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by desidetailer View Post
    Any of you guys use a water spray in between passes?? I was watching a video where kevin brown said it helps by giving more working time, less dust but what I feel is won't the pad be damp after a panel or two which results in more use of pads.
    Yes, especially with M105. As soon as M105 starts to dust and or I feel it's drying up, I do 1 spray of distilled water on the pad. Then I wet the surface as if applying polish to the surface for the first time and do 1 slow speed pass to prevent water from splashing everywhere and instead re-hydrate the product on the panel. Then you are good for 1 or 2 more slow correction passes.

Post Thanks / Like

I always spread product around the very outside edge of the pad, especially on an aggressive pad with a sharper edge (think Rupes blue) I don't want any dry edges going into curved panels. Other than that a few drops on the inside. On less aggressive pads I use the pad prep spray. If you don't want to prime the pad at all it's a good option. At least the pad is moistened some...
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345