autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Viking Coat 10 Months old A++

@SWETM. Here’s what the beading of Carpro Ech2o/Reload looks like as a standalone. [applied the day before this rain]

Compared to a dedicated sealant. [applied 6 weeks ago]

2. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes BudgetPlan1, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here's what Polish Angel White Alabaster applied as stand alone beading looks like applied the day before it rained. Nice round solid beads.

Polish Angel Viking Coat 10 Months old A++-pabeads-jpg
    2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

4. Likes Hammer77, Trip, ronkh57, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Just a quick suggestion for you, instead of claying polishing and redoing a panel, try just using fall out remover like Iron X. Honestly, with how good coatings are nowadays, after a good Iron X decon the paint should feel smooth again. I live in Toronto here and after the spring time, I basically just iron Xed my car for my basically one and only 2BM wash of the year and the paint was smooth again.
    I agree. A chemical decon is more than enough to remove a majority contaminants.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That’s a bold statement...
    Not really a bold statement. I agree with his statement and share his experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I agree. A chemical decon is more than enough to remove a majority contaminants.

Not really a bold statement. I agree with his statement and share his experience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I would not worry too much about it not passing the baggie test. The important thing is that the coating is doing it's job in protecting the paint.

I would recommend a decon wash with an iron remover and a strong wash with CarPro Reset. This will not remove all of the contaminants but it will help.

You say you agree, and that share his experience... Yet you’ve also said to “not worry too much about passing the baggie test” and that a “decon wash will not remove all of the contaminants, but will help”

So which 1 is it? You can’t have it both ways just for the sake of disagreeing, you know.

Show me an example of anyone who’s turned their rough, baggie test failing paint into smooth as glass paint without the use of a claybar/claymitt. I’d love to see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Just a quick suggestion for you, instead of claying polishing and redoing a panel, try just using fall out remover like Iron X. Honestly, with how good coatings are nowadays, after a good Iron X decon the paint should feel smooth again. I live in Toronto here and after the spring time, I basically just iron Xed my car for my basically one and only 2BM wash of the year and the paint was smooth again.
    That’s a bold statement...
    You say you agree, and that share his experience... Yet you’ve also said to “not worry too much about passing the baggie test” and that a “decon wash will not remove all of the contaminants, but will help”

So which 1 is it? You can’t have it both ways just for the sake of disagreeing, you know.

Show me an example of anyone who’s turned their rough, baggie test failing paint into smooth as glass paint without the use of a claybar/claymitt. I’d love to see it.
    And both are true statements that I stand by. I could say 95%, 80%, 60% etc... on the amount of the contaminants which are removed with a decon. But one can not quantify the amounts of contaminants removed. I stand by what Will has posted and what I have posted in saying that a decon wash will remove a majority of the contaminants. I also stand by the baggie test statement as well. I am not saying I am not a believer but I would not be too worried about it either. Why risk the chance of marring the ceramic coated surface with claying? I would not want to redo all my work weeks later. I am also with the folks of not overly claying every few weeks as we have seen what happens when claying goes wrong.

So yes I share the same experience as Will and agree with what he posted. Take it as you wish.

Nowhere did I say that a decon is a replacement for claying a car that has never been clayed before. You misinterpreted my statements on how to maintain a coated vehicle for one that has never been clayed before.

8. Likes custmsprty, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@SWETM. Here’s what the beading of Carpro Ech2o/Reload looks like as a standalone. [applied the day before this rain]

Compared to a dedicated sealant. [applied 6 weeks ago]

And how long are that holding up on it's own? The difference between Ech2o as WW and Ech2o at QD and added reload do you think it's about the same longevity on it's own? I for sure don't think that Ech2o reload would look the same after 6 weeks after applyied. So no I don't count Ech2o WW as a topper that has a big impact to the longevity of a coating. It's the best choice between the choices of WW and rinseless washing to use on ceramic coatings without alter the coating properties. N-914 is another great choice and what I have read Wolfgang uber rinseless glossenhancer don't alter it either. Not saying that other WW or rinseless products are bad on other lsp but what is the better choice on ceramic coating. Then it comes down to how often you do WW or rinseless wash also. And what kind of environment and how much you drive your car and how it's stored.

I can only say that in my kind of environment with winter weather in Sweden and not been able to wash every week but when the wheather allows it to. The lower side panels seems done after the prewash and I use quite the harsh chemicals to do so. The goal is to get it as clean as possible before touching the paint and loosen up as much I can. Then I 2bm wash with carpro reset and after the final rinse and the dry rinse it's revived again in sheeting to those parts that looked done at start. Would a rinse and 2bm wash without the prewash stage do the same. I don't think so and when I have only rinsed of the car I would not like to touch the paint and look if it does either. Cause the dirt that is left with only rinsed is not something you would like to rubb. Then when it comes to if the paint passes the baggie test after a wash I don't know since the properties is still there with sheeting and beading so I don't look if it does. I will do a a baggie test after the next wash just out of the curiousity. It's been 7-8 weeks since I did a wash and the car was polished in mid of april last year. The lsp from the polishing has been. First I applyied 2 coats of Ultima paint guard plus the old solvent based version. This was holding up with Sonax BSD and Angelwax QED and a QD from a domestic detailing company. Those has some more longevity as most of the QD has. I have got 2 months longevity with Sonax BSD on it's own and washed with reset till it lost it's water properties so it's more of a sealant light. In october I decided to get thrue winter with Gyeon Wet Coat. So a decon wash with tar and iron remover before applying Wet Coat. And was able to apply it in november and december one time also. Tested a sio2 car soap once and no toppers beside that. Then as I described before when the lower side panels feeled done I tested a new glossenhancer spray it's like the PA Spritz. This where in mid of january this last wash was done. And sure the lower side panels is very dirty and sheeting is not great cause of the road grime and road salt that is stuck on it. But is happy when it's looked as dirtiest a couple a weeks ago and now a little over freezing the car looks cleaner than then. So the self cleaning ability is there which I have not experienced before. But looking forward to the spring when it's time for polish and apply Polish Angel Master Sealant as lsp.

10. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If I'm going to detail my car I want to remove 100% of the containment not 80% or 95%. Who cares if you have to re apply a coating? That's 1 of the reasons coatings suck. It's a negative like water spots. You can't clay the coating and not expect damage.

12. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Sure it has some sio2 in it so maybe a little it's adding. But I don't think that it has that much of an impact to the longevity. It's about the same with any waterless wash with wax in it I think. At the end of the base protection it's holding up between washes. If the wash solutions with added protection in them would be the only needed lsp if they ads a significant of protection. It's hard to say what it really ads that impact the longevity of the lsp. Just my thoughts about it. With the spritz product is another story which claims to about 6 months longevity on it's own. But it's strange with toppers and their capability to extend the longevity of lsp. If you where to apply PA Viking Coat and use Viking Spritz as a topper every 3 months. When would the Viking Coat be gone? And it's a intresting question with all of the base lsp and the use of the toppers recommend applyied in the time range of their longevity on their own.
    Well I worked with a guy who had a black truck and never waxed it once in 8 years and the paint looked great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Well I worked with a guy who had a black truck and never waxed it once in 8 years and the paint looked great.
    What was his way to get that results?

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Yeah I see 15 + year old cars whos paint is intact (apart from swirls) that has never seen any lsp and are daily driven.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast