autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Irritated the wife again (Detailing related).

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    If you buy generic melamine sponges, you can get 4 dozen for 12 dollars. The cheapest I saw for the branded ones is like 12 bucks for 8.

Granted most people won’t need 48... so storing them may be annoying, but they’re a good bit cheaper if you don’t mind not having the buff bald man smiling at you when you grab one.

There’s also a 20 pack of generic for 12 bucks.

I actually worked in a warehouse packing boxes for awhile, and part of me feels bad ordering all the stuff I do off amazon, but you just can’t beat the convenience sometimes Irritated the wife again (Detailing related).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are the generic ones as good as the ones from Mr- Clean? And where would you buy them? I have never looked for a generic version, but if they cost so little, I would be foolish to keep paying 1.50$ each

Post Thanks / Like

If'n ya really wanna have some fun, next time you have a lot of pads to clean, fill the bathtub up with water, add some pad cleaner and then pre-soak your pads by floating them all in the tub for a bit then cleaning individually in the tub. Although the repercussions may not be worth it, it's quite efficient when you have lotsa pads to clean.

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I got ......"THE LOOK."

3. Likes SWETM, Finick, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    Are the generic ones as good as the ones from Mr- Clean? And where would you buy them? I have never looked for a generic version, but if they cost so little, I would be foolish to keep paying 1.50$ each
    I’m admittedly not a magic eraser expert, but I’ve never noticed any substantial difference between the two. I haven’t used a brand name in years though, but for my purposes (interior glass) they last a very long time.

I let my gfs mom and my step mom have some because they use them around the house, and never had them complain they’re not as durable, or don’t last as long. I probably wouldn’t complain about something free either, so who can really be sure Irritated the wife again (Detailing related).

Post Thanks / Like

Never used any scrub pads on windows. How do you use it and what are the benefits if you don’t mind me asking? Do you still use window cleaner and can you use on tinted windows? Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr blue View Post
    Never used any scrub pads on windows. How do you use it and what are the benefits if you don’t mind me asking? Do you still use window cleaner and can you use on tinted windows? Thanks for any input.

Sent from my iPad using AGOnline
    I mostly use them for an initial deep clean on the inside of windows.

I dunk them in a bucket of ONR and squeeze them until they’re just a little damp, and just lightly rub them over the surface to break up whatever film is on the inside of glass.

I haven’t used a dedicated window cleaner in years, but I’ve read of people using the sponges with glass cleaner. You could probably just get away with water. I use ONR because it’s just what I have on hand all the time.

It’s not safe to do on aftermarket tint, but factory tint is alright.

I can’t say that using a melamine sponge is necessary, since you can get the same results just doing multiple cleanings, and if your windows are maintained there’s really no need to break one out. I just hate cleaning windows, and it’s the fastest/most consistent way I’ve found to get them clean and streak free if they’re exceptionally dirty.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I mostly use them for an initial deep clean on the inside of windows.

I dunk them in a bucket of ONR and squeeze them until they’re just a little damp, and just lightly rub them over the surface to break up whatever film is on the inside of glass.

I haven’t used a dedicated window cleaner in years, but I’ve read of people using the sponges with glass cleaner. You could probably just get away with water. I use ONR because it’s just what I have on hand all the time.

It’s not safe to do on aftermarket tint, but factory tint is alright.

I can’t say that using a melamine sponge is necessary, since you can get the same results just doing multiple cleanings, and if your windows are maintained there’s really no need to break one out. I just hate cleaning windows, and it’s the fastest/most consistent way I’ve found to get them clean and streak free if they’re exceptionally dirty.

Thanks, this is a good idea. Also what is ONR? Anyway I think I have another good use for this pad. I have a film build up on my back window on the exterior along with some water spots. This is the second car to do this and it’s barely 3 months old. I will try this as soon as possible. Oh and I apologize, didn’t mean to distract from the main subject of the thread. Happy detailing!

Sent from my iPad using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine: clay lubricant, optimum rinseless wash, no rinse car wash, optimum detailing products

mixed at the standard dilution of 256:1 it makes a fantastic glass cleaner. If you haven't ever done it, quickly going over your windows with a polish is a good way to deep clean the exterior of them.

9. Likes Mr blue liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You think you have problems....

Mine actually requested the dealership to wash her truck when they changed the oil...

This is the third time.

Once I explained that it costs me $225.00, and four to six hours to fix this - on thinning paint - that doesn't grow back - she finally gets it.

They have a bristle roll over system too....

11. Likes Mr blue, Don M, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just consolidated/organized all of my detailing products from past years, plus all the things I've ordered over this long winter.

My wife is always on board, as her Jeep benefits as well, but her comment was "Jesus.... You could open up your own store!"

Ummmm...... Yup. Guilty. Lol
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

13. Likes VISITOR, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dlc95 View Post
    You think you have problems....

Mine actually requested the dealership to wash her truck when they changed the oil...

This is the third time.

Once I explained that it costs me $225.00, and four to six hours to fix this - on thinning paint - that doesn't grow back - she finally gets it.

They have a bristle roll over system too....
    I quit polishing the wifes car, waste of time. She washes it and I give her a bottle of spray detailer, whatever brand I don't care about and give her my oldest mf towels and say have at it.

2013 Genesis Coupe 3.8 Track Edition
    2015 Hyundai Sonata Limited, 2016 Pearl White Nissan Altima SR
    2019 Nissan Rogue SL

15. Thanks dlc95 thanked for this post
    Likes Rrthomas78, PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast