autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Polish Angel Viking Coat 10 Months old A++

Sweet man, I'm going back to a coating in the fall and I really want to try out the PA stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

nice. you can always use the viking spritz to to boost it up. what about swirls? You havent even picked up 1 in a whole year? not even in direct sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the suggestions. There maybe some swirling but the paint makes it hard to see. Under LED light I could find very minimal if any on the side panels.
    Polish Angel Viking Coat 10 Months old A++-20170714_063345-jpgPolish Angel Viking Coat 10 Months old A++-20170714_063353-jpgPolish Angel Viking Coat 10 Months old A++-20170714_063524-jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Viking Coat 10 Months old A++-20170714_063848-jpgPolish Angel Viking Coat 10 Months old A++-20170714_063859_001-jpgPolish Angel Viking Coat 10 Months old A++-20170714_063928-jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Polish Angel Viking Coat 10 Months old A++

19 Months with using Polish Angel Viking coat on my daily with 2nd Winter nearly completed. Never used any Polish Angel spray on Viking coat toppers through its life. My opinion on this product is it holds up true. My hood and roof were the only areas re done as I micromarred them awhile back. The sides were 19 months they still bead from the window areas to about 4 inches below that. Anywhere else on the front or sides has no life left. New order of PA coming up

6. Likes Sicoupe, Hammer77, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you tested to do a decon wash with tar and iron remover? And test with washing with carpro reset car soap which is one of the best cleaning car soap out there and made for coatings. As in it leaves nothing behind as no glossenhancer or wax or polymers. Test to wash with reset the coming 3-4 washes and see if it revives it. Or after the decon wash apply PA Viking Spritz or PA High Gloss to extend it some months more.

Thanks for shareing your experience with the viking coat. And intresting to hear that you are at the longevity claims without any toppers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WillSports3 View Post
    Just a quick suggestion for you, instead of claying polishing and redoing a panel, try just using fall out remover like Iron X. Honestly, with how good coatings are nowadays, after a good Iron X decon the paint should feel smooth again. I live in Toronto here and after the spring time, I basically just iron Xed my car for my basically one and only 2BM wash of the year and the paint was smooth again.
    That’s a bold statement...

9. Likes WillSports3 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post

Thanks for shareing your experience with the viking coat. And intresting to hear that you are at the longevity claims without any toppers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trip View Post
    Just the add to my original I have used everything from Polish Angel Glissante soap, and Car Pro Echo 2 water less wash. And the occasional Chemical Guys Honeydew soap. Nothing ever really had any negative effects that would make me stop using the different brands.
    Wouldn’t the Carpro Ech2o qualify as a topper?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    That’s a bold statement...
    There's been quite a few discussions about it before but I stick by my statement. I don't really get sap on my car after winter time, summer time I do but I just remove it when I do my usual washes. Iron X and Tar X takes care of whatever actually gets stuck on there. To be honest, I don't really know what other contaminants are getting stuck on cars that a coating wouldn't protect against except for some tar/tire rubber, and iron fall out from brakes and what not. I've clayed behind the tires, and the horinzontal panels but I don't see the clay pick anything up after I've chemically decontaminated the car. The OP does use a different LSP then I do but I don't see why there would be that much of a difference.
    2016 Mazda 3 Sports GT
    2015 Lexus IS250 F Sport

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Wouldn’t the Carpro Ech2o qualify as a topper?
    Sure it has some sio2 in it so maybe a little it's adding. But I don't think that it has that much of an impact to the longevity. It's about the same with any waterless wash with wax in it I think. At the end of the base protection it's holding up between washes. If the wash solutions with added protection in them would be the only needed lsp if they ads a significant of protection. It's hard to say what it really ads that impact the longevity of the lsp. Just my thoughts about it. With the spritz product is another story which claims to about 6 months longevity on it's own. But it's strange with toppers and their capability to extend the longevity of lsp. If you where to apply PA Viking Coat and use Viking Spritz as a topper every 3 months. When would the Viking Coat be gone? And it's a intresting question with all of the base lsp and the use of the toppers recommend applyied in the time range of their longevity on their own.

13. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast