autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Car Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Perhaps it didn’t play well with the Mckee’s coating? Were you using any toppers on Mckee’s?
    I think it bonded well. Even now after a week of salt and snow and a wash, it's still very slick but it's hydrophobic properties are no better than a standard coating.
    I had mentioned this in another thread but I didn’t notice a big difference between Gliss it TiO2 side by side in terms of slickness or water behavior.
    That makes two of us.

Skin blows away Gliss in my opinion. Too early to tell on longevity. But after a month Skin is slick as heck. I’ll be giving the car a full bucket wash this weekend to see how it is holding up instead of a rinseless with the typical D114.
    Good to hear. We're getting my wife a new ride soon so I pulled the trigger on the kit and will give it a try. Again, Gliss is still very slick but that hasn't translated into anything extra yet. Oh well, the car is protected regardless and I'm sure it will continue to serve me well as the top-coat over the SiO2 coating layers.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
    Here's a video I took of the hydrophobia:

YouTube
    Very high beading! great job, now keep well after care with ph neutral shampoos and good wash mitt and it will last very long.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Very high beading! great job, now keep well after care with ph neutral shampoos and good wash mitt and it will last very long.
    Is it true that Carpro Reset has a PH of 10?
    Is using a PH balanced shampoo really that important? Reason I ask is because in your Reload video, it seemed to survive 5 washings with Megs APC straight undiluted. So if it can do that in your video, is it really necessary to be extra careful in choosing a car shampoo?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Just an update on my opinion and experience with CarPro Gliss. In short, I see it as a dud really. Application and slickness were easy and super great. FFWD to today 1 week later and it's first wash and I saw little benefit over just the coating alone. The hydrophobic properties were no better than McKee's 37 v2 or Cquartz UK or 22Ple. Call me disappointed as I was hoping it would really amp up this property but perhaps I'm looking for something that doesn't exist.

In the end I love CarPro Products, but this was not one that I'll be buying again. I actually really want to try Gyeon Skin but I'm not interested in using their entire system on my car yet. Too bad they don't sell just the top coat product. Until then, I'll stick to my "blue juice" ECH20 and Reload topper. Edit: I just ordered the Syncro Kit in anticipation that I'll give it a try on my wife's new car once we purchase it. Gotta love coupon codes when you're in the mood to buy!
    Thank you so much Car Pro!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Is it true that Carpro Reset has a PH of 10?
    Is using a PH balanced shampoo really that important? Reason I ask is because in your Reload video, it seemed to survive 5 washings with Megs APC straight undiluted. So if it can do that in your video, is it really necessary to be extra careful in choosing a car shampoo?
    The Reset after water dilution gets to 7 pH which is almost neutral , we did APC tests on Reload to show the durability effect and the strong bonding,
    for extra life time of any coat its always good to use pH neutral shampoos without anything in them, like waxes or polymers.

6. Likes Mariana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    The Reset after water dilution gets to 7 pH which is almost neutral , we did APC tests on Reload to show the durability effect and the strong bonding,
    for extra life time of any coat its always good to use pH neutral shampoos without anything in them, like waxes or polymers.
    Thanks for the reply.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ronkh57 View Post
    Their version of Polish Angels "High Gloss"?
    So I get a "dislike for this ?!?!?!

Tough room.......

Post Thanks / Like

Kinda puzzling gyeon not selling skin by its self pretty big gamble to think most people will buy whole synchro kit. I’m very interested to hear reasoning for this. Sorry off topic with this reply.

10. Dislikes Rsurfer disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mgavin1985 View Post
    Kinda puzzling gyeon not selling skin by its self pretty big gamble to think most people will buy whole synchro kit. I’m very interested to hear reasoning for this.
    My guess is they’re using it as tempting bait in order to get people to buy their big ticket item and generate more $.

It happens quite often with things such as special edition items, for example “if you want the special gold controller, you have to buy the special edition PS4 bundle”

Hype it up and they will buy. Lol.

12. Likes Route246 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    My guess is they’re using it as tempting bait in order to get people to buy their big ticket item and generate more $.

It happens quite often with things such as special edition items, for example “if you want the special gold controller, you have to buy the special edition PS4 bundle”

Hype it up and they will buy. Lol.
    LOL!!!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.