autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How do you tell if wax is gone ?

When the pesky neighborhood cat that likes to lay on vehicles doesn't slide off anymore when it tries to get on your roof.
    I think longevity depends on the product used and where you live. SoFlo sun is hard on most wax. I enjoy touching my paint so I usually recoat every 1-2 months.

2. Likes dlc95, AKT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    I know I agree. I'll never understand why people get upset about making a new thread? They act like internet cops telling people to use the search function. Then the same people get upset when someone searching an older thread bumps it with a question. Like the thread and information in it has an expiration date. These are strange people who feel they need to lash out online. Probably because they cant do it in real life
    A perfect example of irony.

2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti
    2017 Honda CTX700
    IG- alfaromeogiulia.palmbeach

4. Likes BadgerRivFan, mmhammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisT View Post
    A perfect example of irony.
    How so???

Post Thanks / Like

Irony

a literary technique, originally used in Greek tragedy, by which the full significance of a character's words or actions are clear to the audience or reader although unknown to the character.

2017 Honda CTX700

Post Thanks / Like

I personally use a product that is easy to use and cost effective so that I really never have to worry about it. I will seal my paint and then top it with Optimum Car Wax. Then every other wash or so just apply some more OCW since it only takes a few moments. Something is always there then.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vue to a kill View Post
    I personally use a product that is easy to use and cost effective so that I really never have to worry about it. I will seal my paint and then top it with Optimum Car Wax. Then every other wash or so just apply some more OCW since it only takes a few moments. Something is always there then.
    Agreed!!! Really makes life soo much easier!

Tom
    Mr Tommy's
    Wash, Buff, Wax

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TMQ View Post
    Agreed!!! Really makes life soo much easier!

Tom
    It really does. I use it on a lot of customer cars as well as my own.

Mike Phillips

Wow...

Was just sent the link to this thread by one of our forum members.

The OP asked a great question and some of the responses I see posted left me disappointed. Our forum members are better than the normal riff-raff that infests forums or FB groups. Come on guys, take the higher road.

So just to be clear - there's no such thing as a dumb question. And believe it not, forum search engines while useful are also lacking in their ability to pinpoint specific topics. I rarely use the search engine on this forum because it pulls up a zillion threads and I don't have time to cyber sift through them to find what I'm looking for.

I tend to use Google and a few key words and usually my own name and often times then I can find what I'm looking for.

To the OP - I apologize for the some of the less-than-helpful replies you received. I did see this thread when posted but I've been buried in detailing cars, holding classes, writing articles and creating power points that my time is so limited.

Like a few have said, there is no definitive way to know when all the wax is gone or wore off and of course, wax will wear off some panels faster than others. What I always say is how long a wax or any sealing product lasts comes down to how you "touch" the paint. Wash a car with a brick and nothing will last very long. Use a clean soft wash mitt and a gentle washing action and you'll get the most life out of a wax or sealant or even coating.

I know in the past I've used the "Oil Change" analogy for waxing your car and the nutshell version goes like this,

In the same way we change the oil in our car's engine before the oil is so wore out that it causes damage to the engine, apply a fresh coat of wax before sooner than later.

I think I actually have an article on this topic somewhere, might be here on AGO or over on MOL, can't remember.

11. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post

I think I actually have an article on this topic somewhere, might be here on AGO or over on MOL, can't remember.

Let me see if I can find it for you using the search function. 😉

2017 Honda CTX700

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisT View Post
    Let me see if I can find it for you using the search function. ��
    Funny!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.