autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: Kwazar Venus Super Compression Sprayer Pro

I have a total of 4 Kwazers and almost bought this but after getting and now using the Blackfire 48 oz hand pump I'm glad I Did!

Love my Kwazers thoughReview: Kwazar Venus Super Compression Sprayer Pro

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    @DaveT435. Thank you. I called just in time and they just switched my order from the black metal tipped to the red w/plastic tip. Thanks for the info!
    Glad I could help out. AG was good about it replacing them once. Since everyone else is having such good luck with them I assume it has to be that tip. I should check and see if the threads are the same as the plastic tips and try to get them. Guess maybe this thread benefitted me too.
    2015 F-150 Crew Cab Lariat
    2016 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS

Post Thanks / Like

I only have a couple of minor bits of info to add.. So instead of writing a dedicated review, I’m just going to add them to this thread.

I received my Kwazar 1.5L Red Venus Sprayer

Before using it, I figured it’d be a good idea to use the provided lubricant on the pump lever.. So I added 1 pinhead sized drop on each side of the shaft and pumped it a few times so it could spread evenly.

Then I thought to myself, is this compartment that I just added this oil properly sealed? I looked at the bottom... It sure isn’t! Look at this. If you’re adding the lubricant oil it’s going to wind up in your waterless wash. Not good. I’ll never be adding this lube to my sprayer again.

I had some extra time after cleaning off the oil while it fully dried, so I decided to check and see if the Kwazars measurements on the side of the bottle were accurate.

I used this bottle to test it. 500ml.

500ml.

1.5L checks out good. It’s accurate.Review: Kwazar Venus Super Compression Sprayer Pro

Finally I tested how much it could spray on a single run before stopping to have to re pump... Here’s a ballpark average of what I got.

When completely full to the 1.5L mark it can spray for an avg. of 2:00min. and let out 450ml. and doesn’t begin going weak until 1:15sec. into the 2min. mark.

Then after re pumping it with 1L left in the sprayer [avg. 20-25 pumps] it’ll spray the entire remaining 950ml. without having to stop in a avg. of 3:30-4:00 min. and does it at full strength until about the 2:20sec. mark, and even after that it still maintains a respectable spray until it’s completely empty. That’s pretty impressive.

Those who said it can’t spray the entire side of a vehicle without stopping to re pump were wrong...

4. Thanks VitreousHumor, JustJesus, oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, VitreousHumor, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just have in mind eldorado that it's a made for acid products. I'm not certain what kind of seals it's in that. But would be carefull to not use solvents in it and maybe not a high alkaline products. Have you any information about what kind of chemicals and what ph level range it can handle? From ph 7 and lower would be working. Just a heads up so you don't destroy your seals in your new fine kwazar

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Just have in mind eldorado that it's a made for acid products. I'm not certain what kind of seals it's in that. But would be carefull to not use solvents in it and maybe not a high alkaline products. Have you any information about what kind of chemicals and what ph level range it can handle? From ph 7 and lower would be working. Just a heads up so you don't destroy your seals in your new fine kwazar
    Well I’m hoping it fares better than the 1 made for solvents, because according to DaveT435 that 1’s a complete clunker.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveT435 View Post
    I got three of these withe metal tips. I don't know if it's the metal tips, but one or two uses and they are done. They won't spray anymore. First I thought it was because McKee's wheel cleaner and iron remover were too thick, I can't remember what I put in the third one, after one use....done. AG sent me replacements. I used APC and other liquids with consistency of water. One or two uses...same thing. I gave up. Love their other sprayers.
    They’ve both got Viton seals. I wouldn’t go as far as calling it “fine” more like expensive.. It honestly feels like it probably costs them a few bucks to make these things and then they sell them for $40 bucks.

Btw, for this thing costing $40 bucks, shouldn’t it come in its own box? Or at least a paper booklet around it with some instructions & warranty info?

Something like this is what I’m talking about.

...But no. It comes bare bones. No info, no nothing. I hope it doesn’t stop working as soon as the smaller Kwazar spray bottles I’ve read about.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with you that the there could be a box or something. But I have never got a box or a bocklet when buying kwazar or other brands. The thing I know is that there are different kind of pressure sprayers and spray bottles to different kind of chemicals and solvents and acids. They are color coded but there is spray bottles that are in different colors and has same kind of seals as the standard light blue bottle. If memory is right the ph level range is 5-9 in them. The dark blue is for high alkaline products and the red for acid and the black for solvents. I think that they would be more through description on the web store for what kind of chemicals and solvents and acids which bottle is most suited of. For example Megs wheel brightener cleaner is perfect for the red bottle you have but something like Megs super degreaser would damage the seals in it. And the other way around if you would get the dark blue one. If you use the the black one it's most suited for petrolium based degreaser and Ipa and eraser. The allrounder is the light blue and as long it's not extreme strong chemicals it's handles the most.And at last to be on the safe side when done spray them with water to save on the seals.

8. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Took this screen shot from their UK site.

Would be nice if AG carried the seal kits.

Used mine the other day for waterless/rinseless wash and it works great. Pumped up twice for the whole car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Thanks Eldorado2k thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Review: Kwazar Venus Super Compression Sprayer Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Mantilgh View Post
    Took this screen shot from their UK site.

Would be nice if AG carried the seal kits.

Used mine the other day for waterless/rinseless wash and it works great. Pumped up twice for the whole car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I notice in that screenshot that the little bottle of lubricating oil comes as part of the Venus seal kit. For all I know I probably shouldn’t have used the oil where I did, but there’s no way for me to know since there’s no instructions whatsoever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I notice in that screenshot that the little bottle of lubricating oil comes as part of the Venus seal kit. For all I know I probably shouldn’t have used the oil where I did, but there’s no way for me to know since there’s no instructions whatsoever.
    I didn't know what the oil was for so I set it aside to use if the bottle ever gives me an issue. I also have no clue where is the right place to use it on. Even if it just had a website with more instructions it would be helpful. I agree that for that price these bottles definitely need some improvement to educate the user.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Pulled from their site.

Also check out around 1:50 of this video

14. Likes Bruno Soares liked this post
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast