autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: WolfGang Uber Cermamic Coating Review + Update

Quote Originally Posted by Gav'sPurpleZ View Post
    The last 60 degree day for a while:

have you used any toppers? I didn't see any mentions looking through the post history

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer77 View Post
    Thanks for the update Gav, and the great video! Mine is holding up well, been on since July 2016. Its coming off Spring 2018 and being replaced with something else. I like the Wolfgang a lot, but its time to play with some new things.
    Thanks ! I have CQuartz hanging out currently. My sister bought a kit as well, but with the temps being in the teens to 30s this week, I think her car may need to wait until spring.
    I will inspect for swirls / etc in the spring time and make a decision from there. I'm hoping to find a house with a bigger garage so that the truck can be parked inside.

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Seems to hold up great! Nice video with super slowmotion!
    thanks ! I think the GoPro studio setting was 39% of normal speed. I enjoy editing videos with a little something extra
    Thanks for watching

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    have you used any toppers? I didn't see any mentions looking through the post history
    I have not used any toppers. The only coating "booster" used would be the CarPRo Rest. I've used it 3-4 times in the last 6 weeks or so.
    The only other product I use is the WG Uber rinseless wash as a QD while drying. This video was taken WITHOUT the use of the RW.
    The truck was rinsed, blow dried with a sidekick blaster and any remaining water was soaked up with a MF WW towel.
    Gav Details on YouTube:
    www.youtube.com/c/GavDetails

3. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks ! I have CQuartz hanging out currently. My sister bought a kit as well, but with the temps being in the teens to 30s this week, I think her car may need to wait until spring.
    I will inspect for swirls / etc in the spring time and make a decision from there. I'm hoping to find a house with a bigger garage so that the truck can be parked inside.

thanks ! I think the GoPro studio setting was 39% of normal speed. I enjoy editing videos with a little something extra
    Thanks for watching

I have not used any toppers. The only coating "booster" used would be the CarPRo Rest. I've used it 3-4 times in the last 6 weeks or so.
    The only other product I use is the WG Uber rinseless wash as a QD while drying. This video was taken WITHOUT the use of the RW.
    The truck was rinsed, blow dried with a sidekick blaster and any remaining water was soaked up with a MF WW towel.
    How do you like that sidekick? I've been looking at them

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

it works well. I used to use an electric leaf blower, so this is unit is smaller and easier to maneuver.
    Since I wash my truck outside and it's full size, I sometimes wonder if air born dust / debris have a chance to hit the surface while I am on the other side of the truck.
    As long as its cooler and not in direct sunlight, the water that is on the surface is easily blown off.

I purchased Mine from Adam's because it was on sale for 79.99 with an additional 10% off and free shipping. Couldn't beat the deal.
    Gav Details on YouTube:

Post Thanks / Like

winter sucks, but I coated vehicle helps:
    before:

after just a thorough rinse @ the local coin operated wash

by the time I got home, WG beads were frozen on the hood:
    Gav Details on YouTube:

7. Thanks Cruzscarwash thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

winter sucks, but I coated vehicle helps:
    before:

after just a thorough rinse @ the local coin operated wash

by the time I got home, WG beads were frozen on the hood:
    Gav, I am loving the truck and the results of the coating. The New England winter is wreaking havoc on vehicles around here and I have treated my truck with Wolfgang DGPS and after 3 months it is still holding up well. I know that you used the sealant in the past and upgraded to the ceramic. Is the ceramic upgrade really that much better than the sealant?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Uncle Davy for the kind words.
    While the DGPS has been one of my go to products, I used it on "customer" cars and my Camaro ( which is garaged and sees sunny days only ).
    For my previous daily drivers I was using Collinite 845 and then Clearkote's Carnauba Moose Wax.

From what I have seen, I would say the coating is a step above the sealant. The truck is parked outside, sees 90* in the summer, heavy rains and obviously snow and salt in the winter.
    I was happy to see that an Iron X treatment and Car Pro reset helped to prolong the hydrophobic properties of the coating.

As with the DGPS, the actual depth / gloss and overall "look" of the paint is still top notch.
    If you were thinking about upgrading to a coating, there are other less expensive options that I personally would have no problems considering.

I have the old McKee's formula on my dad's Durango currently, seems to be doing well.
    My sister has CQuartz UK waiting to go on her '17 Pilot ( I will be applying this in the spring ).
    Gav Details on YouTube:

Post Thanks / Like

Agree with everything Gav said comparing Wolfgang sealant to coating. Made the switch a year ago, sealant lasted 6 months on a garage queen, the coating looks better and is still going strong.

Do have to add, for an amateur applying a coating is a lot more work than applying a sealant. WDGP was a joy to apply, not to mention the instant slickness.

11. Thanks VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes Gav'sPurpleZ, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

cyclops is right, the slickness that the DGPS leave behind is fantastic.
    I tend to stick with certain products that create great results ( that and I don't want to spend money on products that I won't completely use ).

Applying a coating is definitely more time consuming.
    I was able to apply the DGPS to a 69 Roadrunner via a PC and 4" red finishing pad in like 10-15 minutes.
    It took me about 45-60 minutes to apply the UCC to my moms IS 250
    Gav Details on YouTube:

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I'm cynIcal.. In reality, you have a fairly new vehicle that is fairly well maintained. The paint will sheet water off it (as in yr videos), regardless if it was naked or had some failing coating on it. Most chemicals you wash a car will have something in them to help water sheet off paint as well.

Also, if I'm looking at longevity of something - I'm not looking at the hood or the top part of the front fenders. I'm looking at the bottom of the lower panels - the most hammered part of the car. I would have liked to see how it performed there after an IPA wipe down after washing. Somehow - I already know it's long gone.

I dunno. I appreciate the work you did here. But, it seemed to me like this stuff pretty much checked out around 3/4 of a year - and yr trying to convince yrself it's still there. I've been down this rabbit hole, and it's hard to determine what's what.

For me - I'll just use something that is significantly less costly that I can apply maybe 3 times a year that will shed water like a champ without IronX, Reset, a coating topper, a silica based QD, or whatever is required to "maintain" a coating.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast