autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fresh face, NEW VAN and fun mobile retrofit to start up my NEW old passion as a Mobile Business

Hey Josh! Good luck and much success in your venture!
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fresh face, NEW VAN and fun mobile retrofit to start up my NEW old passion as a Mobile Business

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Hey Josh! Good luck and much success in your venture!
    Hey thanks Kamakaz!!! You live 7 minutes up the freeway from me! nice looking mustang!

Post Thanks / Like

A little update for anyone who cares... I am heading to California Palms today in Ontario, CA to pick up my 2 x Queen 10x15 canopies (bright yellow tops - Bright and welcoming is my thinking behind the yellow tops) I am very excited!! Yesterday I actually picked up my Dewault 3400 psi 2.5gpm pressure washer for $599.00 at home depot. I also purchased a 2.5 gallon dewault air compressor (cordless) and soon took that back as I realized it's more for someone with a nail gun... I will throw up some 'Christmas came early' photos later today.... Yesterday I also received my Flex Rotary from Autogeek.net!!! Last week I got my Flex 3401.... tomorrow I will be using my canopies and the 3401 for the first time! Oh.....and TONIGHT I go to Escondido to pick up my 2005 Dodge Sprinter 158' wb ht. SUPER EXCITED IF YOU DIDN'T NOTICE and you guys are maybe the only ones who care.... maybe lol. Thanks for letting me blab here! I will keep pictures and some exciting updates coming. I know we all like a retrofit so I will at least keep those progress pictures coming~!

4. Likes SWETM, Diner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds exciting Josher! I'm following along and excited along with you. It reads like you are thinking things through.

I can't really offer much towards your mobile setup as I am a fixed location but I am big on having a back up plan to the most important things...specifically malfunctions. If the compressor quits, Plan B (maybe onboard extension chord to nearest outlet), if the water quits, Plan B (waterless wash option on the back shelf) etc. Hopefully the chances are you never use those things but you can finish the job if they do.

I do like the idea of running out a cover or canopy off the top of the Sprinter. It has good height and for those jobs you can park right next to the vehicle being worked on it might be easier and quicker all around. Have the other canopies on board and you'll have them too.

Again, best of luck brother! Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

I understand your excitement to your prep for starting up your new business. It's gonna be fun to follow you.

Do you know anyone who has a mobile business that has had their vans build to their specifications and recommendations. It don't have to be a detailing business it can be a carpenter plummer electritian etc. That can recommend you where to go and get your van setup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Paul A. View Post
    Sounds exciting Josher! I'm following along and excited along with you. It reads like you are thinking things through.

I can't really offer much towards your mobile setup as I am a fixed location but I am big on having a back up plan to the most important things...specifically malfunctions. If the compressor quits, Plan B (maybe onboard extension chord to nearest outlet), if the water quits, Plan B (waterless wash option on the back shelf) etc. Hopefully the chances are you never use those things but you can finish the job if they do.

I do like the idea of running out a cover or canopy off the top of the Sprinter. It has good height and for those jobs you can park right next to the vehicle being worked on it might be easier and quicker all around. Have the other canopies on board and you'll have them too.

Again, best of luck brother! Keep us posted.
    Paul thanks for chiming in! I do understand the backup plans are a must!! Reminds me back in 2007 I forgot my car wash soap!!!!!! lol... as i drove all the way to the customers house 20 miles away.... I loaded up my 350z full to the brim with everything I had product wise.... 12x12 canopy, polisher, buckets etc...etc... BUT THE CAR WASH SOAP!!!!! lol Anyway you are right about that....

I am currently putting together some VAN UPDATES so stay tuned. :b

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    I understand your excitement to your prep for starting up your new business. It's gonna be fun to follow you.

Do you know anyone who has a mobile business that has had their vans build to their specifications and recommendations. It don't have to be a detailing business it can be a carpenter plummer electritian etc. That can recommend you where to go and get your van setup.
    Hey SWETM.... I am back and forgot about my thread for a little while.. :b I'm about to share some van updates so stay tuned... I have since gotten a pressure washer, water tank, and hose / reel installed and having some more work done on the van as we speak.

9. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice! Looking forward to see your progress

Post Thanks / Like

Fresh face, NEW VAN and fun mobile retrofit to start up my NEW old passion as a Mobile Business-1-jpg

TESTING image uploads.... here is my van.

12. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome... the post above worked out so I will upload photos in that manner... I hope it is reliable.

Fresh face, NEW VAN and fun mobile retrofit to start up my NEW old passion as a Mobile Business-57ea37043eb3412aa8927c3e2c81bd31-jpg

Fresh face, NEW VAN and fun mobile retrofit to start up my NEW old passion as a Mobile Business-ce8db2090275497f809ceb337e3616b2-jpg

Fresh face, NEW VAN and fun mobile retrofit to start up my NEW old passion as a Mobile Business-4-jpg

In these pictures you'll see the Van as I got it in the first two pictures.... the last one shows how I have started to Dynamat the entire inside of the van (sound deaden) and also it shows the Pressure washer setup I went with.... Below will be some more pictures of pressure washer, water tank, hose and reel.

14. Likes SWETM liked this post
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast