autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sealant showdown

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Stoops mentions it right here

One more post

Also N914 is not a direct clone of D114. That is speaking from experience in using both. They are similar though.
    How old are those posts now? 4yrs ago? Do you actually believe that to be true after all that's been discussed and tested here on this forum and everywhere else in the past 4yrs? Do you practice that method when it comes time to removing lsp? Because I haven't heard anyone recommend using D114@15:1, 8.1, or any other dilution to remove lsp on here in a very long time...

Also, this community specifically asked for an alternative to D114 as soon as we all found out it was being discontinued. Thankfully Nick@Mckee's got on it and along with the people at Mckee's came N-914, which was deliberately made to produce the same exact characteristics and user experience that was no longer available on the market with D114's departure. Nick did in fact try to mimic it to a T, and that's what everyone wanted.

But according to your post, you're saying that Nick somehow left out such a distinctive characteristic found in D114 and didn't include it in N-914 and top it off failed to mention it to everyone?

You're saying D114 at stronger dilutions can strip lsp but N-914 can't, and we just now found out about this major detail? And all this time I thought the only thing anyone came up with was that N-914 beads whereas D114 lays flat on the panel... How did we all miss this?

Btw I use both as well, and I would've never guessed D114 can strip lsp and N-914 cannot.

Why does everyone recommend polishing in order to be certain their lsp is removed? According to our good friend The Guz all we need is some D114@15:1 Sealant showdown

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    According to our good friend The Guz all we need is some D114@15:1
    You certainly interpret things differently because I did not mention this anywhere other than posting what has been stated by Meguiar's themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

You certainly interpret things differently because I did not mention this anywhere other than posting what has been stated by Meguiar's themselves.
    Would you post their words without supporting what it says?

Post Thanks / Like

Would you post their words without supporting what it says?
    I'm posting what has been said by the manufacturer whether I support it or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Sealant showdown

I'm posting what has been said by the manufacturer whether I support it or not.

That's kind of leaving then high & dry... I mean Mike Stoops didn't ask for his 4yr. old posts to be part of this discussion. I've got nothing but respect for Stoops, I'll leave it at that.

But one would assume that if you took the time to post it, you subscribe to the statement? No?

... Because it's not as if anyone these days goes around using D114 @15:1 to remove lsp. And you did make it seem as if that's 1 of the differences between it and N-914, correct? Or did I interpret that wrong as well? Just sayin.

Post Thanks / Like

They work the exact same way... N-914 is a clone of D114.
    Here's one for you. How do you know they are a clone of each other? Did you work with the chemists that came up with D114 and N914?

Post Thanks / Like

Sealant showdown

Here's one for you. How do you know they are a clone of each other? Did you work with the chemists that came up with D114 and N914?
    Because Nick did a favor to all the people who were crying wolf about D114 being discontinued. The favor he did was set out to create a rinseless wash concentrate that worked exactly the way the now discontinued D114 did... You should know, you were a vital part in dropping the initial message about D114 being no longer...

Heck, you knew even before Stoops did! Just like you know that N-914 is in fact a welcome clone of D114. It doesn't take a jury to figure it out.

Ask anyone here.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow guys.
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

9. Likes ChrisT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DogRescuer View Post
    Wow guys.
    Don't worry, just boys being boys. I've met The Guz irl and it's nothing but good from him, and there's no way there could ever be any kind of actual negativity between him and I. I'm pretty sure he feels the same way because we'll be just fine next time. It's no worries, just boys being boys. Lol.

11. Thanks sorehands thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry, just boys being boys. I've met The Guz irl and it's nothing but good from him, and there's no way there could ever be any kind of actual negativity between him and I. I'm pretty sure he feels the same way because we'll be just fine next time. It's no worries, just boys being boys. Lol.
    Gotcha
    Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast