autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEMA 2017 New 2018 Products

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    thanks to GUZ for sharing/finding this video (post #88 of this thread)...
    I do what I can. Glad you enjoyed the video.

I like that polisher rack.

2. Likes VISITOR liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Rupes stuff

4. Likes Ronin47 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    It's pretty glossy though but not terrible.
    Agreed. The Griot's Black Shine dressing is way, way too glossy for a few days and then it starts to tone down. After a week or so it looks pretty nice. I stopped using it but it endured for three weeks every time I applied it. The final days saw it looking a bit dull, but no fooling I had at least four costumers look at the tires on my Challenger (when the dressing looked more satin than glossy) and say they want their sidewalls to look like mine.

I stopped using it because of the "silicone" look that it shows for a few days. I don't want to give back a customer's car whilst their tires look like I applied a cheap product from the dollar store. It is a great dressing that lasts a lot longer than the water-based stuff that I use.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin47 View Post
    Both are gear driven yes but thats where the similarities end.
    Id love to hear from a fan-boi what makes the Rupes so much better/different? Seems from the video that they went to smaller throw...even after everyone seems to think that the larger throw machines are "better" LEMME guess "Its smoother" lol. My 14yo daughter can use a 3401 I dont know what kind of sissys cant use the FLEX. Its really not that bad.
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

7. Dislikes Ronin47 disliked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Id love to hear from a fan-boi what makes the Rupes so much better/different? Seems from the video that they went to smaller throw...even after everyone seems to think that the larger throw machines are "better" LEMME guess "Its smoother" lol. My 14yo daughter can use a 3401 I dont know what kind of sissys cant use the FLEX. Its really not that bad.
    Do you own both?

Post Thanks / Like

lol

10. Dislikes Ronin47 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Used both own the 3401 for that reason lol, so you don't care to explain just wanna ask more questions?
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Used both own the 3401 for that reason lol, so you don't care to explain just wanna ask more questions?
    Good questions and I can only answer as honestly or truthfully with the limited time I have spent with it so my evaluation thus far is based on limited experience with it. I will have the machines up against each other on hard paint in a couple of hours but for now I will comment on correction done on soft to medium paints.

From the first time you hold the Mille in your hands to the first time you power it up and do your first section pass you begin to realise alot of thought, engineering and attention to detail has gone into making this polisher. It feels lighter than the 3401, as well as more balanced. Even the speed dial has an expensive feel and click to the different speed settings. The polisher is noticeably quieter and much cooler running than the 3401. Using the 3401 and Mille side by side you can feel the difference in vibration when going back to the 3401. The Mille doesn’t wobble as such and feels very well thought out, sophisticated and much newer.

Throughout the speed settings you can see it has more rpm at every setting and doesn’t walk nearly as much as the 3401 either. However if the pads not perfectly centred I found the Mille to be a handful to control so much so that I had to switch off and figure out why that happened. I have used many types of non Rupes pads on it as I have alot of them and donot intend investing in all new pads specefic to the Mille anytime soon. Having said that I find the intended Rupes pads or thinner pads to feel more natural which is the opposite of what we are led to believe gear driven polishers prefer.

Yes its sleeker,fancier than the ageing 3401 ofcourse, yes its smoother, quieter, and runs a heck of alot cooler too but bare in mind theres a decade technology difference between them, 2007 3401 vs 2017 Mille, was never gona be a fair fight at all.

Lastly correction..., the Mille is definitely the more powerful tool and faster correcting of the two, theres no second guessing that, it is what it is. I had to drop to speed 3 on the Mille where the Flex needed speed 5 and then too the Mille still had the edge. I used the same pads and compounds to keep things fair and at one point even put the more aggressive pad on the 3401 and then too the Mille was still correcting faster.

I hope this answers your question, also I will update again soon on hard paints and then know for certain.

14. Thanks mc2hill thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Right, so something 10 years newer is improved? Shocker. Where were they for the last 10 years when FLEX has been selling their version? Its not hard to copy someone and improve on their product. lol. So many people are such big fans of the long throw polishers that stall just like a regular DA that I just cant get my head around it. MAYBE this machine will finally give Rupes fan-bois more to brag about while us FLEX users have know it for over 10 years.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast