autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You guys throw your drying towels in with other MF's to wash?

Quote Originally Posted by luvmyrv View Post
    Have any of you found that your washing machine has any residue left in it from the detailing product coming off the mf towels....last thing I need is to damage of any of the DW's clothes! Does the detergent get it all out and leave the washing machine clean?
    I have never found that. Towels come out and leave the washing machine just like any load of clothes.

2021 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti
    2017 Honda CTX700
    IG- alfaromeogiulia.palmbeach

Post Thanks / Like

Have any of you found that your washing machine has any residue left in it from the detailing product coming off the mf towels....last thing I need is to damage of any of the DW's clothes! Does the detergent get it all out and leave the washing machine clean?
    Better half was concerned about that from my shop towels after we dropped big bucks on a new HE Maytag. Every wash, whether it's good MF's or ones demoted to shop towels, I wipe out the fabric softener tray and fill it up with cleaning vinegar, which is stronger than normal food-grade white vinegar, so it dispenses in the rinse cycle. Never noticed an issue. I combine virtually all my towels except for the really dirty ones in the same load. I do have one OCD rule however, in that I never use one of my premium drying towels with a drying aid, either spray wax or QD. If there's a chemical involved in the drying process, I'll use the same MF's as I use for wax or polish removal.

Bill

3. Likes 6od liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PouncingPanzer View Post
    I separate towels like this, Touches paint, doesn't touch paint. When I throw them all it I have had some staining issues. Either caused by wheel cleaners or tire dressings. Since segregating I haven't had anymore staining issues.
    This is my method too. I keep two bags in the garage for the dirty ones. The ones that get real dirty. Wheel wells, tires, etc. I soak in some McKee’s citrus pad cleaner for a bit before I wash them.

Post Thanks / Like

Never had an issue with any detailing products leaving residue in the washing machine. I have an old traditional style washing machine for what it's worth. I wash everything from regular clothes to really greasy clothing in it and there's never anything left behind, it's always spotless.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345