autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Issues with CarPro Ech2o

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I just started using Ech2o again, I have it mixed at 10:1 w/distilled water in a 32oz bottle + 2oz. of Reload. I used it as a waterless wash to clean a black vehicle with a weeks worth of dust on it and it seemed a bit thick but in the end it did the job... Just as the directions state, I did an initial wipedown to get most of the dirt off the paint, followed by another quik spray and wipe, and finally a final wipe with a dry microfiber to get that final haze off and reveal a nice glossy finish.

I used almost a whole 32oz. bottle on a full size sedan and in the end I couldn't help but wonder if I would've been better off doing the waterless wash with Wolfgang Uber and then following it up with a lighter spray and wipe with the Ech2o on a clean and dry vehicle. I think it would be a better experience this way.
    Holy crap! I've been using it as a ww/ quick detailer and am still on the same 32oz spray bottle of mix I mixed a month ago probably.

Now My cars don't get real dirty between wipe downs but I do my Durango and the wife's navigator 2 or 3 times a week. I use maybe 2 or 3 ounces per truck. Navi is black and the Durango is dark gray. Both are coated. Neither has any measurable swirls.

I spray a couple sprays per panel. Wipe back and forth, top to bottom and then flip the towel and repeat. No streaks in hot and humid Florida weather.

Only thing I do different is add 2 or 3 oz of reload to 28 or so ounces 20:1 ech2o

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    Some people referenced the cost in this thread. For waterless:

Ech20 waterless is $2.80 - $7.00 per gallon (25:1 - 10:1)
    Ech20 with 10% Reload is $6.20 - $15.50 per gallon
    Uber is $1.67 per gallon at the recommended 48:1 dilution

For waterless Uber is clearly more economical. Like others, I use Ech20 + Reload more as an occasional QD rather than my standard waterless. Uber is great, but I don't know how to tell which gloss products play nicely with each other across different brands. For this reason I use McKee's N-914 between Echo2O washes.

N-914 is $0.34 per gallon at the recommended 128:1 for waterless

(For all the above I'm assuming the largest size available from AG, standard pricing, and no shipping.)
    Interesting...I love uber...it is my go to for a rinseless wash when the cars are too dirty for a qd or ww. I didn't know you could use it as a ww. It is the absolute slickest rw or any wash product I've ever seen. There is pretty much zero chance of scratching your ride when you mix it 1.5oz for 3 gallons.

That being said, what dilution do u use it as a ww and what is your technique?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cleankat View Post
    Carpro is extremely overrated in my opinion. I've tried several of their products and to be honest it's a toss up if I'd rather use those or some turtle wax from Walmart. Not joking either.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Don't feed the troll!

4. Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RippyD View Post
    That's what I have found as well. I get a haze or some streaks. I go back with my softest MF a few minutes after applying and buff. It all comes off and leaves that shine we all like. I find it's almost like a wax product that gets better with some buffing.

Interesting, it's also seems to highlight issues. I had some coating high spots I hadn't noticed before. Ech2O + Reload made them much more obvious. (FYI, Cquartz UK comes off with a finishing polish by hand. It took a little time, but came without any issues using Ultimate Polish.)
    Totally agree. Thought I had the good of the wife's black navigator licked. Had some high spots so I hit it in just the high spots with an orange pad and menz 3500

Tonight I hit it with the blue juice and found 2 more high spots pop up on the hood 😡

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post
    Holy crap! I've been using it as a ww/ quick detailer and am still on the same 32oz spray bottle of mix I mixed a month ago probably.

Now My cars don't get real dirty between wipe downs but I do my Durango and the wife's navigator 2 or 3 times a week. I use maybe 2 or 3 ounces per truck. Navi is black and the Durango is dark gray. Both are coated. Neither has any measurable swirls.

I spray a couple sprays per panel. Wipe back and forth, top to bottom and then flip the towel and repeat. No streaks in hot and humid Florida weather.

Only thing I do different is add 2 or 3 oz of reload to 28 or so ounces 20:1 ech2o
    2 sprays per panel Issues with CarPro Ech2o lol no. Not me...

Sometimes I spray so much on the hood that my hand gets so tired I have to switch hands and finish spraying. Lol. No chance of dry wiping for me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rsurfer View Post
    Turtle Wax from Walmart better than Car Pro. Since Car Pro does not make or sell a paste wax, what are you comparing it with?
    Turtle wax has a lot more products than just paste wax.... It's a brand name.

Apologies if I offended any fanboys here, which there seem to be a lot of.

Example? PERL is absolute garbage. No matter the dilution it flings. No matter how long I let it dry or wipe excess it flings. Streaky on interiors and plastics.

I emailed carpro immediately after having a negative experience with it..... Since I bought it via AMAZON basically the response I got was "sorry you're sol". Fine, don't refund me, send me a sample of something else, do something.... It just turned me completely off the brand. Too many detail products out there to mess with someone who doesn't stand behind their product unconditionally. Just my opinion on the subject.

Again if some disagree with this by all means use their products, to me, I would just give my business to another company.

Post Thanks / Like

Example? PERL is absolute garbage. No matter the dilution it flings. No matter how long I let it dry or wipe excess it flings. Streaky on interiors and plastics.

I emailed carpro immediately after having a negative experience with it..... Since I bought it via AMAZON basically the response I got was "sorry you're sol". Fine, don't refund me, send me a sample of something else, do something.... It just turned me completely off the brand. Too many detail products out there to mess with someone who doesn't stand behind their product unconditionally. Just my opinion on the subject.

Again if some disagree with this by all means use their products, to me, I would just give my business to another company.

cleankat,
    sorry to hear about your experience. my personal experience with carpro has been the opposite, all the products i have tried from them have been solid (one of my favorite brands). however, i can relate to your customer service experience (not with carpro) and if your aren't happy it's your right/choice to take your hard earned money (it's your voice) elsewhere. customer service is a big priority/deal to me and if a company doesn't respond or back their product i won't buy/support them, period. so many awesome companies/products with genuine/good people behind them (no one company is the best and there are other alternatives that are just as good if not better) that deserve the business and those are the kind of people i like to support and give my hard earned money to. hopefully, you find some other alternatives/choices (tons of great brands) here on AG from companies that would love for you to try their products out...

9. Likes Rsurfer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Why do you dig up an old thread from months ago just to stir up your rant again? Let it go dude. Life is too short to get so worked up over a car care product.

If you love Turtle Wax so much stick with that then. Jesus, move on.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

11. Likes Rsurfer, Vegas1, Dortch liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Cleankat;1536170]Turtle wax has a lot more products than just paste wax.... It's a brand name. Gee, thanks for letting us know that Turtle Wax is a brand.

Apologies if I offended any fanboys here, which there seem to be a lot of. Apology accepted.

Example? PERL is absolute garbage. No matter the dilution it flings. No matter how long I let it dry or wipe excess it flings. Surface needs to be clean. Streaky on interiors and plastics. Did you cut it or use it neat?

I emailed carpro immediately after having a negative experience with it..... Since I bought it via AMAZON basically the response I got was "sorry you're sol".So don't give Amazon your business anymore since they would not refund your money. Fine, don't refund me, send me a sample of something else, do something.... It just turned me completely off the brand. Too many detail products out there to mess with someone who doesn't stand behind their product unconditionally. Just my opinion on the subject. That's why we live in a free enterprise system.

Again if some disagree with this by all means use their products, to me, I would just give my business to another company. Give it to Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry about your bad experience with the customer service at Carpro, that said IMO Corey would bend over backwards to help anyone.

Steve
    -The Titanic Was Built By Professionals But The Ark By Amateurs-
    "Boanerges"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast