autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Issues with CarPro Ech2o

Quote Originally Posted by Cleankat View Post
    So there's no room for dissenting opinions? Not a fan, and when I complained about their products I was basically told to kick rocks because I didn't purchase it directly through them. I'll stick with tried and true but thanks for your "warning". Issues with CarPro Ech2o

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    If you have or had any complain you can always contact me directly, we take very very seriously our customer service! and Carpro USA has one of the best customers service in the USA detailing market.
    beside them, im here and you can complain to me for any problem you have / had.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    If you have or had any complain you can always contact me directly, we take very very seriously our customer service! and Carpro USA has one of the best customers service in the USA detailing market.
    beside them, im here and you can complain to me for any problem you have / had.
    Thanks Avi. Is the streaking / hazing I referenced in my original post something you've come across / heard from others?

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using CarPro Ech2o at a dilution ration of 1:18 (1 part Carppro to 18 parts distilled water) on my black Ford Ranger and haven't seen any streaking as such. There would be a very light residual haze that would eventually disappear on its own. This would occur when I wash the van in the evening time where the temp is around 24-25 degree Celsius.

Looking forward to Avi's reply as I just started using CarPro's products (Ech2o & PERL) and have been really satisfied with their performance thus far.

cheers!

Post Thanks / Like

Been lurking for a bit here but ive been using Ech20 for a few weeks and found that you really cant prevent the hazing as its meant to do that. The necessary buff after leaves a helluva shine tho.

I use a combo waterless/rinseless method as well with 10:1 in a 32oz sprayer to presoak and 3oz to 3 gallons with soaked media. Presoak then wipe down the entire car with soaked towels then come back with a dry towel
    to buff the haze. I keep the 3 gallon solution covered and it lasts a good while. Might be overkill but seems to work very well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HAMBO View Post
    Thanks Avi. Is the streaking / hazing I referenced in my original post something you've come across / heard from others?
    Its not exactly streaking , since you can wipe it off eventually, all it need is to wait a little more to dry and wipe off with another towel.
    the dilution ratio can make such hazing , so best to do is minimum 1:10~1:15 ratio for waterless wash. if its dark or black colored car.

Post Thanks / Like

Some people referenced the cost in this thread. For waterless:

Ech20 waterless is $2.80 - $7.00 per gallon (25:1 - 10:1)
    Ech20 with 10% Reload is $6.20 - $15.50 per gallon
    Uber is $1.67 per gallon at the recommended 48:1 dilution

For waterless Uber is clearly more economical. Like others, I use Ech20 + Reload more as an occasional QD rather than my standard waterless. Uber is great, but I don't know how to tell which gloss products play nicely with each other across different brands. For this reason I use McKee's N-914 between Echo2O washes.

N-914 is $0.34 per gallon at the recommended 128:1 for waterless

(For all the above I'm assuming the largest size available from AG, standard pricing, and no shipping.)
    2006 LR3 White // 2014 Boxster Agate Gray // 2012 Sentra Aspen White
    Sealant test resultsxxxxxDilution ratio chartxxxxxWheel cleaner info

Post Thanks / Like

Carpro is extremely overrated in my opinion. I've tried several of their products and to be honest it's a toss up if I'd rather use those or some turtle wax from Walmart. Not joking either.

8. Dislikes rlmccarty2000 disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro is extremely overrated in my opinion. I've tried several of their products and to be honest it's a toss up if I'd rather use those or some turtle wax from Walmart. Not joking either.

Such as which products? Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like

I can tell you that the majority of professionals and detailing enthusiast will disagree with you. Carpro is absolutely one of the better brands in the industry. What products have you used from Carpro and what was your disappointment with each?
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    I can tell you that the majority of professionals and detailing enthusiast will disagree with you. Carpro is absolutely one of the better brands in the industry. What products have you used from Carpro and what was your disappointment with each?
    Turtle Wax from Walmart better than Car Pro. Since Car Pro does not make or sell a paste wax, what are you comparing it with?

12. Thanks Justin at Final Inspection thanked for this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast