autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: McKee's 37 mini-rant

Quote Originally Posted by cleanmycorolla View Post
    Thats not you though on their site in banner ads? and in the genesis coating vehicle? seems like you're affiliated. Attachment 57974 if you're not than they owe you money. your likeness is used a lot! If thats not you, then they cloned you and if you need a kidney contact that look a like.

if that is you and you're going to go around saying their stuff is bomb.com at least let peeps know you have close ties at all times. Biased otherwise!

Peace!
    You're thinking Joe @ Next Level Detail. I think he was up front with his transition to McKee's.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys,

I apologize if I appeared to be crass in the beginning of this thread. The truth is, I was on vacation with my family (Six Flags in Georgia) and I was replying from my iPhone.

I've always been an advocate of providing as much information as possible, but unfortunately it's not easy from the dinky keyboard on a cell phone, especially while a 9 year old is jumping up and down on the hotel bed asking over and over again when we're going to head to the park!

This is not an excuse, but a realization that I could have presented myself and McKee's 37 in a better manner.

There's no doubt I'm passionate about my brand; if I wasn't, I wouldn't have partnered with Bob (and now, Mr. Carini!) to continue the development of McKee's 37 when he sold Autogeek.

I'm also grateful for this thread, because as the guy that writes the label copy, it opened my eyes to how I could improve the directions! This thread has been taken into consideration for the half-dozen or so new products that I'll be releasing this summer.

Stay tuned.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Nick@McKees37;1501411]Guys,

I apologize if I appeared to be crass in the beginning of this thread. The truth is, I was on vacation with my family (Six Flags in Georgia) and I was replying from my iPhone.

I've always been an advocate of providing as much information as possible, but unfortunately it's not easy from the dinky keyboard on a cell phone, especially while a 9 year old is jumping up and down on the hotel bed asking over and over again when we're going to head to the park!

This is not an excuse, but a realization that I could have presented myself and McKee's 37 in a better manner.

There's no doubt I'm passionate about my brand; if I wasn't, I wouldn't have partnered with Bob (and now, Mr. Carini!) to continue the development of McKee's 37 when he sold Autogeek.

I'm also grateful for this thread, because as the guy that writes the label copy, it opened my eyes to how I could improve the directions! This thread has been taken into consideration for the half-dozen or so new products that I'll be releasing this summer.

Stay tuned.

4. Thanks sorehands thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they left the pinnacle black label high and dry with a bunch of products that are defective. Synergy for 200 dollars looks ok but it never comes off the paint fully if you look close there's always a white film no matter what you do it won't come off even with apc's. The surface cleansing polish seperated, dusts, and causes swirls probably because it's water based and not stable. Then the diamond paint coating looks like fog on the paint prob because it's been sitting around the warehouse to long. All it is is an experiment for the mckees products that's basically been abandoned that they know is defective but they still sell it. That's what I don't like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I just read through this thread, and like swanic, I'm going to give my most thoughtful response on what happened to you and why you received such a harsh backlash. I think as a society, we've become more and more inclined to lay blame when something unexpected happens to us, even when we are diligently following what we perceive to be the rules or the official instructions given to us. After all, if something wrong happened, and I did exactly what was said, how could it possibly be my fault? It must be someone else's fault. There are no accidents, just cause and effect.

As I read through the product description of McKee's Coating Prep, the description is very clear that it is a paint prep solution. I rightly can infer that it is designed to be used on paint, but I cannot infer that it can be used anywhere else. The description states that it is for paint, and it nowhere implies that it can be used elsewhere. That's just my take of the website description. I don't have a bottle of this stuff, so I don't know what the label on the bottle states. Maybe it states it can be used on multiple surfaces; I don't know.

All I can do is conclude that the coating prep is made for paint. I assume that the paint prep either is OK for other surfaces (plastic, vinyl or leather) or that it is untested on those surfaces or that it might possibly be inappropriate for those other surfaces. Since McKee's offers no information, I can't make a conclusion and I, therefore, must assume (to be safe) that I shouldn't get it on those surfaces -- unless I want to specifically test the reaction. (I stained my white lab coat this morning with some Au Bon Pain coffee -- I didn't read in the description on the coffee cup or on the menu board that it could stain my white coat.)

So, I think there was some assumption on your part (or some carelessness) if the prep solution spread to your plastics.

Take another look at your lead post; I think even you can see that it is somewhat accusatory and ill-deserved:

You used all caps -- that's an interwebs no-no when having an online debate. You used the phrase "what the hell." Not terribly offensive, but it steps up the level of animosity for sure and suggests that McKee's was intentional or nefarious. You stated that you were "forced" to use the degreaser -- as if you were unwillingly put under direct pressure to do additional work for the nefarious McKee's.

I think a better way of starting off this post would have been to say something like this:

"I used McKee's prep polish the other day. It was about a year old, so on the edge of its lifespan. I noticed that it stained some of my plastics and I had to use a super degreaser and a lot of elbow grease to get it out. Has anyone else experienced this with McKee's prep polish? I realize it's for paint, but I unfortunately got it on the trim and was super bummed. Does anyone know if X,Y or Z products would be more effective at getting out these stains?" Title didn't help either.

The thread might have had a different tone...
    OP also used all caps the other day to tell me i am wrong. Not sure why he keeps using all caps. I found that rude and insulting. I am not an expert nor claim to be, i just gave my opinion and he said i am WRONG with no further explanation.

Post Thanks / Like

See post #8

Review of Packages and Pricing
    Review of Packages and Pricing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AKT View Post
    OP also used all caps the other day to tell me i am wrong. Not sure why he keeps using all caps. I found that rude and insulting. I am not an expert nor claim to be, i just gave my opinion and he said i am WRONG with no further explanation.
    All caps is to put emphasis. I am sorry if that is insulting to you, it's not meant to be.

As for your opinion, well it's a polar situation. There is no grey area with the statement you made. You are either right (that polishing oils don't affect a LSP durability) or you are wrong. And in that case, you were wrong.

9. Likes MikeC78 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    All caps is to put emphasis. I am sorry if that is insulting to you, it's not meant to be.

As for your opinion, well it's a polar situation. There is no grey area with the statement you made. You are either right (that polishing oils don't affect a LSP durability) or you are wrong. And in that case, you were wrong.
    Thank you for apologizing

Post Thanks / Like

I've enjoyed working with the Coating Prep Polish, wipes down really well and leaves a nice slick finish. I tend to prefer it over the S100 cleanser. New updated McKee's Coating has held up really well, I've had it on the front bumper for months and it's been a great bug deterrent, beading is still fantastic. Strong improvement over the previous version IMO, nice work Nick!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the coating a lot too. I have not used the new version yet, still have about half a bottle left of the old version. But I am happy they found a way to improve it.

The paint prep works well, I was just mad it stained plastics... Now that I know it does, I either use something else or I am very careful close near plastic parts. I still think a high end product should not stain plastics but that's just me.

Next year I plan to push the coatings a little more. Detailers in my area are offering Gloss Coat without extensive paint polishing and preparation at a low price. I think I will include some packages like that as well. Key is to inform the customer what they are getting so they are not disapointed.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast