autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Cleaning Polishing Pads? | Stop DAMAGING Your Most Expensive Investment | McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Cleaner Review

Quick question, If the pads sit around for a week or two without a good cleaning, will this repair them?

Mike Phillips

Re: Cleaning Polishing Pads? | Stop DAMAGING Your Most Expensive Investment | McKee's 37 Polishing Pad Cleaner Review

Nice write-up Joe.

A good how-to article shares quality, accurate information and is also easy to read and enjoyable to read. You hit all these marks.

It takes time to write a good how-to article, that's my guess as to why most guys/detailers don't do it. Besides taking good pictures that "tell a story" you have think up all the words and do it in a way that uses a mininmu of some sentence structure and formatting.

I love this quote from Henry Ford

"Thinking is the hardest work there is... that's why so few people engage in it"

And while I understand and use Facebook, it's a horrible interface for "teaching" or "education". You can't format an article in a FB message to interlace pictures throughout your text. You can't make a bold headline to draw your reader into the underlying paragraphs below that expound on the headline.

Good job.

3. Likes mmhammer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys/Gals ...

Joe also meant to remind everyone to wear gloves when cleaning your pads and just in general when working with detailing products :-)

P.S. Great article Joe!

ScottH

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Nice write-up Joe.

A good how-to article shares quality, accurate information and is also easy to read and enjoyable to read. You hit all these marks.

It takes time to write a good how-to article, that's my guess as to why most guys/detailers don't do it. Besides taking good pictures that "tell a story" you have think up all the words and do it in a way that uses a mininmu of some sentence structure and formatting.

I love this quote from Henry Ford

"Thinking is the hardest work there is... that's why so few people engage in it"

And while I understand and use Facebook, it's a horrible interface for "teaching" or "education". You can't format an article in a FB message to interlace pictures throughout your text. You can't make a bold headline to draw your reader into the underlying paragraphs below that expound on the headline.

Good job.

Thank you Mike, That means alot coming from you.

and yes it can be challenging and time consuming at times, However I enjoy doing it alot. This particular article got deleted about 3 times while I was writing it, frustrated was not the word..... lol

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post

Thank you Mike, That means alot coming from you.

and yes it can be challenging and time consuming at times, However I enjoy doing it alot. This particular article got deleted about 3 times while I was writing it, frustrated was not the word..... lol

Sometimes your browser can crash and you can lose a ton of work and time.

Sometimes if you're typing out an article in a browser you can accidently touch the wrong key and cause the browser to leave the page you're on which means you lose everything you've created.

To be safe, especially for a long, in-depth article, type it out in a text software program like MS Word and then copy and paste it into the "Message Box" on the forum but be sure to use the Editor View when doing this not the WYSIWYG view.

And yes... I have an article on this...

How to use the Editor View in vBulletin

Junior Member attention2detaillhc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome article. You hit the nail on the head with your statement of trying to get the pads clean enough to get the job done. Years ago I was in the same boat, multiple 25+ ft boats lined up and not enough pads to get a jobs done. Thanks for taking the time to share your experience!
    Jon - Lake Havasu City, Arizona - AKA In the middle of the desert!
    http://www.attention2detaillhc.com/

Post Thanks / Like

Is it really safe to machine wash foam pads? Just got some new B&S pads and want to take care of them starting detail #1 lol.

Post Thanks / Like

'03 Corvette Z06

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Automoglow View Post
    Is it really safe to machine wash foam pads? Just got some new B&S pads and want to take care of them starting detail #1 lol.
    This is what I was thinking. Didn't realize it was machine safe to do so.

Post Thanks / Like

Like ScottH said, put some nitriles on Joe.

Orange Heavy Duty Nitrile Gloves

If your hands are average size, don't get anything smaller than XL. I have average size hands and wish I had purchased the XXL. These are so good, that with using hand lotion you can reuse them multiple times. Just don't play with nasty stuff after a couple uses. They will tear at some multiple usage point. After a couple uses ( 4-5 if light/quick uses) I'll only use them with 'light chems'.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast