autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Klasse sealant layering weekly

Hi Guys

I've heard great things about Klasse twins but have a few questions.

On Saturday, I did Klasse AIO first and then put an extremely super thin layer of Klasse sealant. I basically transferred the Klasse sealant into a spray bottle and did 2 spritz on my applicator and then applied SUPER THIN per panel. I waited 30 minutes, but there was no buffing required or streaking or excess residue.

1. Is it normal, that Klasse sealant has no excess residue or buffing required after 30 minutes ? I’m worried I applied it way too thin contrary to other users applying too thick.

2. I don’t have a garage so my car will get dust/pollen on it after 8 to 12 hours cure time.Therefore, Would it be okay re-layer Klasse weekly ?

I presume I need to re-wash my car (with optimum car wash), mf towel dry it and then re-layer Klasse sealant every week. Any bonding issues with this weekly layering process as opposed to immediate 8 hours (if I had a clean dust free garage).

3.How many layers of Klasse sealant for maximum shine ?
    I’ve heard 3, 4, 5 , and some guy did 14.

Thanks

2. Likes gamagreen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Klasse sealant layering weekly

You put it on the right way. You want to put it on so thin it basically disappears, and that's why you had nothing to buff off.

As far as putting a layer on every week, that might be a bit of overkill, but you will certainly have great protection that way--and it's probably the only way you will be able to use the bottle up. I've heard one experienced user say that at 5 layers is where he really gets the performance of the product. I'd say do it every week until you're tired of doing it.

Post Thanks / Like

1) When I apply sealant, leave it to dry. It starts to haze. Thats when I know its time to buff. I don't use Klasse, so I don't know. You need to apply thin. So, don't worry bout it. Did you apply evenly? Did you cover each section properly? If not, you might want to be on safe side and apply another coat.

2)Mate you apply Sealant, so that you don't apply it every week. I completely understand that your car get dusty easily. Get something called California Duster. Wipe away dust with this during weekdays and maybe wash the car on Sundays.

3) When you wash your car. While drying with MF towel, make sure you don't put too much pressure on towel.
    4) I reckon two coats, if done properly is more than enough. Use different MF towels for wiping away sealant and buffing the car. Just buff 'well' (with buffing MF towels). Shine will follow.
    5) People usually apply coats every 4 to 6 months, since your car gets dirty easily, you might want to do it every 3 to 4 months.

Few links to applying Klasse Sealant.

Klasse usa ,Klasse Application Guide, How to apply Klasse AIO, Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, All-in-one, klasse all-in-one
    Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze (KSG) Guide and Review | Ask a Pro Blog
    Klasse Car Care, Klasse All-In-One, Klasse Sealant Glaze, high gloss, car, automotive, glaze, paint protection, microfiber, polish applicator, Black Sealant Applicator, The Klasse Twins

Happy Detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a great plan.

I usually did KAIO and then 2-3 layers of KSG in my main detailing weekend. And then a another few layers a few weeks later. I usually stopped @ 4-6 depending.

I have always wanted to be able to leave a vehicle inside and simply add layers of KSG every day until I had 20+ just to see how it would look.

6. Thanks MAXX77 thanked for this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys for the all the advice and tips.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newbie12345 View Post
    Hi Guys

On Saturday, I did Klasse AIO first and then put an extremely super thin layer of Klasse sealant. I basically transferred the Klasse sealant into a spray bottle and did 2 spritz on my applicator and then applied SUPER THIN per panel. I waited 30 minutes, but there was no buffing required or streaking or excess residue.

1. Is it normal, that Klasse sealant has no excess residue or buffing required after 30 minutes ? I’m worried I applied it way too thin contrary to other users applying too thick.

2. I don’t have a garage so my car will get dust/pollen on it after 8 to 12 hours cure time.Therefore, Would it be okay re-layer Klasse weekly ?

I presume I need to re-wash my car (with optimum car wash), mf towel dry it and then re-layer Klasse sealant every week. Any bonding issues with this weekly layering process as opposed to immediate 8 hours (if I had a clean dust free garage).

Thanks
    1. It sounds like you did it right. On dark colored cars you will see a hint of the product being there if you look closely. Buffing it out will produce a brilliant shine.

2. Layering weekly is overkill. 1~2 coats will last six months through even the worst winters. In warmer months/climates it may last even longer.

3. I've never seen any change in the shine after two coats. Even the difference between one and two was difficult to see. I once tried three coats and could tell no difference. I felt silly for wasting my time.

Klasse SG is a great product with remarkable durability. The greatness of the the product is the ability to apply a coat or two and then not worry about it for months. Take advantage of it! If you really want to amp up the shine after a wash, get a product like Meguiars Ultimate Quick Wax or Duragloss Aquawax to use as a topper.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

9. Likes Mike In Auburn liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by newbie12345 View Post
    Hi Guys

Thanks
    i used 3 times and let each coat cure for 24 hrs and the same for the other 2 with this polish and sealant came out great TODAY IM GOING TO USE THE VICTORIA RED WAX ON TOP AND SO FAR THE AIO COMBO LOOKS GREAT

Post Thanks / Like

I applied a coat of Klasse to my son's car in July... Now all we do is wash, blow dry and wipe down with Wolfgang instant detail, "perfect shine all the time".

Post Thanks / Like

Sonus makes a great acrylic spray to use as a booster to Klasse.

Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant, Sonus paint sealant spray, spray paint sealant

Scott

Post Thanks / Like

I've been using the Klasse twins since 2005 and don't apply it and leave it on for 30 minutes, I apply it to a section or panel and then remove right away, its the way I was told to use it back in the day. In my years of using it the 2nd coat 12 hrs later really makes the paint POP!

Because its so easy to use I could see where someone might wanna apply it once a week and even I think that's too much but what you could do is make up a gallon of QD using your favorite rinseless wash and add 2 oz of KSG to the mix, shake before using and you'd be applying a very thin layer of protection while cleaning the car too.

What I do to apply KSG is take a bowl of water, dump my square, mf applicator in there, wring out and spray 2 sprays onto the applicator and then work it into the section or panel and then remove. After every panel I dunk the applicator back into the bowl, wring out and squirt some more KSG onto the pad and keep moving along

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast