autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

White powder why???

What am I doing wrong?

I am using Menzerna Super Finish on my black Jetta.

When using my Flex PE8, with a 3" LC Orange pad and working a small area, I get a TON of white powder.

When using my 7424 PC, and a 4" LC Orange pad, barely any powder (speeds 1 to spread, and speed 5-6 to work).

I am not blaming the Menzerna obviously, good German stuff.

Any pointers? I'm a novice obviously, and need some constructive advice. Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: White powder why???

Maybe drying to fast on you,not a menzerna user not user friendly being mobile.

Post Thanks / Like

Are the pads brandnew,why 3 inch pads ?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm mobile too. What do you mean not user friendly being mobile? Thank you.

Pads are basically new (used maybe 4-5 times, and always cleaned and dried with pad cleaner).

I believe the Flex PE8 says to not use bigger than 3" pads. I bought it to do headlights/detail buff only. That is my only rotary. My PC is for the full size body panels.

Post Thanks / Like

M 105 is impossible to use outdoors in the scorching heat,I don't know where you are from but south Florida is a tough as far as certain products.Menzerna products dry up quick in the heat,the pinnacle line and blackfire src and polish will work and the 3D line will do as well.I suspect that the little pad might be your promblem or to little product causes dry buff.Is the menzerna bonding to the paint where it is tough to wipe off.The rotary might be generating to much heat on that little pad,there is a lot of variables.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep things simple 1 rotary 1 pc and the pads that go along with it,as well as products that work in 95 degree heat.Im not in tune with a these new buffers and special pads I use what works with no promblems.I just finished a 737 with a griots and hd speed zero promblems.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the responses GSKR

Man, I think you are on to something with the "small pad, too much speed=heat" idea. The 5.5 (I said 4" with the PC, but I brain farted, it is the 5.5") pads work amazing with the Menzerna. MUCH longer work time and better results. With the tiny 3" pad, it even left a few dry spots behind when using the same Menzerna polish. Keep in mind, I did use the slowest speed on the Flex PE8 rotary. I wonder if I went up in pad size, but keep the speed slow and very light pressure if it will perform better-w/o ruining the Flex. I did buy the Flex just for headlights, and need to buy a full size rotary (Probably will stick with Flex since it is so vibration free and quiet...)

So you are saying the Pinnacle and Blackfire brands are better in the heat? Today was not hot at all, high 50's low 60's, I think the heat (if any) issue is directly related to the small pad size.

I need to find a better alternative for the small pads when I use it. I know what you mean on the 105/205. I have it and some days it's great, others horribly powdery...

Anytime I do polishing in direct sun, I am under a canopy, except today since it was cold and the paint was cool all day.

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Too much product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzaV View Post
    Thanks for the responses GSKR

Man, I think you are on to something with the "small pad, too much speed=heat" idea. The 5.5 (I said 4" with the PC, but I brain farted, it is the 5.5") pads work amazing with the Menzerna. MUCH longer work time and better results. With the tiny 3" pad, it even left a few dry spots behind when using the same Menzerna polish. Keep in mind, I did use the slowest speed on the Flex PE8 rotary. I wonder if I went up in pad size, but keep the speed slow and very light pressure if it will perform better-w/o ruining the Flex. I did buy the Flex just for headlights, and need to buy a full size rotary (Probably will stick with Flex since it is so vibration free and quiet...)

So you are saying the Pinnacle and Blackfire brands are better in the heat? Today was not hot at all, high 50's low 60's, I think the heat (if any) issue is directly related to the small pad size.

I need to find a better alternative for the small pads when I use it. I know what you mean on the 105/205. I have it and some days it's great, others horribly powdery...

Anytime I do polishing in direct sun, I am under a canopy, except today since it was cold and the paint was cool all day.
    When using m100 or 105 in the sun,you will need gasoline to remove it lol.you should try the hd speed it can be used on a 160 degree black hood with no streaking or any other promblems.Its my go to product for all most everything good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

If I was in ny per say menzerna or 105 would work,but not down here the sun is much stronger and a lot of humidity.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast