autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Door Jambs

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Door Jambs

Costco.......then they get demoted to tires

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cardaddy View Post
    Certainly guys!

I started doing that way back when, because I would find myself sometimes thinking a towel was in better condition weeks later than I did ***that moment*** I pulled it out of the dryer.

So with the mark, I can always take a quick look 'in the heat of the moment' and know EXACTLY what condition it's in. (When I was in a serious grading mode.)

Truth be told.... the marker never really washes out.
    You know that's an excellent advice when two people said the same thing back to back. The funny part is I didn't even see JSMet's reply when I typed mine.

I know exactly what you mean. I do that, too....A LOT. It really slows you down while detailing; standing there inspecting the towel after you pulled it out of the bag, thinking to self - This is good towel, right? It looks "kinda" good... Put it away. Nope...pick it back up again. Inspect some more... lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pdqgp View Post
    ^^ this.

I must have 100+ laying around as I used them before I had my Audi and was working with a Pearl White car that wasn't as picky about quality towels. Now I use them for the tough and dirty jobs.

Although both our vehicles have been detailed inside the door jams so I no longer really consider them tough and dirty as they are as clean as the outside and I keep them like that
    There's your answer.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a few different methods for the jambs, if they are super dirty I do open the door and hit the jambs, bottom of the doors and side of doors while washing. Then I use the "rain" setting on my nozzle. If they are not that dirty, I hit it with rinseless and long shag towel, or after a wash just a quick wipe with a long shag while still wet. I use my crappier towels for that step as well. I am not burning 800GSM or edgeless towels on jambs.

Post Thanks / Like

Door jambs are my current pet peeve. Not just the body side but the door side. The reason they get so crappy is with the door closed the rinseless wash obviously doesn't get to them. Perfect solution is normal micro fiber towel and steam cleaner. Next best is rinseless on sponge and dry with Master Blaster. Third best spray APC and clean with "tire only" micro fiber towel. Don't forget under the door rubber moulding which should be dressed to make good playable seal.
    Crispy 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix DD, always clean (except today) Hobby Detailer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234