autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: APC help.

Post Thanks / Like

APC help.

I recently bought a Poorboy's APC. Primary its going to be used a De-greaser. Its an APC and have a lot of other uses. Since I don't have much experience with APC's can someone please share some pointers? Any dos and don'ts? Anything you people learn about APC's the hard way?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: APC help.

I use the Poorboys APC and like it.

What I've done is mix up several bottles of different concentrations. I have a heavy concentration to use under the hood and on exhaust. Another is mixed to the ratio listed on the bottle for general cleaning. Since I'm paranoid, I've got a third bottle mixed with a very mild ratio to use on leather seating.

I don't recall the ratio's off the top my head, so I won't try to guess.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Do a search man. You will find TONS of info.
    4:1, and 10:1 are the most common dilutions
    "Dirt likes detergent so much better than the surface that it's attached to, it'll leave that surface to go hang out with the soap"...aim4squirrels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    I use the Poorboys APC and like it.

What I've done is mix up several bottles of different concentrations. I have a heavy concentration to use under the hood and on exhaust. Another is mixed to the ratio listed on the bottle for general cleaning. Since I'm paranoid, I've got a third bottle mixed with a very mild ratio to use on leather seating.

I don't recall the ratio's off the top my head, so I won't try to guess.

Bottle say 15: 1 for leather, vinyl, tires whitewalls, general cleaning. Also is it safe to make bottles according to dilution and keep them or its preferable to dilute when required to do a job?
    Last edited by Swift; 05-19-2015 at 01:08 AM. Reason: Had to add another question.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Do a search man. You will find TONS of info.
    4:1, and 10:1 are the most common dilutions

If I had found any decent help, I wouldn't have come here. I'll appreciate if you have link/videos to post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Bottle say 15: 1 for leather, vinyl, tires whitewalls, general cleaning. Also is it safe to make bottles according to dilution and keep them or its preferable to dilute when required to do a job?
    Thanks for the reminder. That sounds about right. I use 10:1 on interior stuff, and 4:1 for the strong version...I believe. I went off the ratios printed on the label.

I keep separate bottles and just mark them to ensure I can tell them apart. The stuff doesn't go bad, nor will it eat through the bottle, so mix up a big sprayer.

The only other tip I would have is don't spray the APC directly on to the cleaning surface unless you are cleaning under the hood. Anywhere else and I spray the rag and then wipe down the area.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    If I had found any decent help, I wouldn't have come here. I'll appreciate if you have link/videos to post.
    Let me google that for you

fourth result is specific to poorboys APC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Thanks for the reminder. That sounds about right. I use 10:1 on interior stuff, and 4:1 for the strong version...I believe. I went off the ratios printed on the label.

I keep separate bottles and just mark them to ensure I can tell them apart. The stuff doesn't go bad, nor will it eat through the bottle, so mix up a big sprayer.

The only other tip I would have is don't spray the APC directly on to the cleaning surface unless you are cleaning under the hood. Anywhere else and I spray the rag and then wipe down the area.
    Thanks for inputs. Appreciate it. When I did little APC test, I didn't had sprayer around, so I just had to use towel and bottle (diluted). It works, only thing, I wasn't wearing gloves, it did sting a little on a finger for a day haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Audios S6 View Post
    Let me google that for you

fourth result is specific to poorboys APC
    Thanks for the input, I know the dilution part. Since I haven't worked with APC before I didn't know how to go about it. I googled up, how to use APC in tire cleaning, interior etc...and results started showing up.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.