autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Car Pro Essence and Pad choice

Hello everyone,

First off, I must thank everyone here for sharing their knowledge and all the discussions that are ongoing on here.
    I also bought Mike Philipps - Complete Guide to a Show car shine (something like that!)
    I have been a fan of the forum for a while now and I went from hand applying wax to complete compound and flawless finish on my very soft black 10' Subaru Outback paint.

For the records and before someone asks: I have been using a PC7424XP for a few cars then I upgraded to a GG6 V3 (which I like so far, it suits my needs so far) and I have only detailled my own cars so far.

So, I have been doing a complete compound two years ago and have been properly washing and waxing my car since then.
    I must say we have very harsh winters here in Quebec, Canada and so far the two coats of #845 I have applied and doing pretty good as of now.

I have been using Presta polishes (which I have bought before I discoved the forum here - easily access locally), I have an agressive compound, a light compound, a polish and a very fine polish and so far I've been able to achieve I'd say 85% correction with no marring using cyan hydro tech pads with the light compound and a white CCS pad with the polish. I've also used the fine polish with black CCS pads for some areas after the final inspection under the sun (I use the Brinkmann otherwise).

I am am currently running low on polish and after alot of reading, I came to the conclusion that I should order a small bottle of Essence from CarPro which could be a home run for my soft black subaru paint.

I have been reading almost every review/post from here, Autopia and the CapPro website.

My question is: I am planning on using Essence with 6.5 inch pads white CCS, speed 4.5-5 on the GG6, 3-4 section passes slow arm speed and the last one with less pressure and bump the speed down a bit
    I will be dialing in the process by doing a test spot but the paint is still in fairly good shape so I think Essence should be able to take care of the swirls using the right technique.

I would like to know if I should consider another approach or I should go ahead and

Any tips or comments are welcome

Thanks everyone!

Cheers from Canada

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro Essence and Pad choice

Essence is awesome on soft paint. I use the LC black finishing pad when using Essence. If your paint is harder you can use LC white but i tend to get awesome gloss with the LC black pad.
    CURRENT: Happily Retired
    PAST: Owner at Clean N' Shiny, Chicago Auto Pros

Post Thanks / Like

Would the black CCS yield enough cut to correct the swirls? I was thinking but doing the one or two last section pass with less spedd and less pressure if should take care any marring and make the paint pop too

Post Thanks / Like

Essence can be sticky to remove on soft paint. Buff the panel and then wipe right of before going to the next section. If you let it dry too long it can be more difficult to remove.

Super Member Joe@NextLevelDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Did a video review on this, and used different pads.

https://youtu.be/48OL5Egs6Bw

Watch it and you will learn more about it before you start using it, it is a great product and will fit the bill

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone opinion and technique is different.when I use essence it's strictly micro pads.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GSKR View Post
    Everyone opinion and technique is different.when I use essence it's strictly micro pads.
    Yep MF pads seem to get the best results out of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Joe@NextLevelDetail View Post
    Did a video review on this, and used different pads.

https://youtu.be/48OL5Egs6Bw

Watch it and you will learn more about it before you start using it, it is a great product and will fit the bill
    Others have commented that it leaves marring behind on soft pads as well. Good results with a 1 step though!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 180sxqc View Post
    Hello everyone,

First off, I must thank everyone here for sharing their knowledge and all the discussions that are ongoing on here.
    I also bought Mike Philipps - Complete Guide to a Show car shine (something like that!)
    I have been a fan of the forum for a while now and I went from hand applying wax to complete compound and flawless finish on my very soft black 10' Subaru Outback paint.

For the records and before someone asks: I have been using a PC7424XP for a few cars then I upgraded to a GG6 V3 (which I like so far, it suits my needs so far) and I have only detailled my own cars so far.

So, I have been doing a complete compound two years ago and have been properly washing and waxing my car since then.
    I must say we have very harsh winters here in Quebec, Canada and so far the two coats of #845 I have applied and doing pretty good as of now.

I have been using Presta polishes (which I have bought before I discoved the forum here - easily access locally), I have an agressive compound, a light compound, a polish and a very fine polish and so far I've been able to achieve I'd say 85% correction with no marring using cyan hydro tech pads with the light compound and a white CCS pad with the polish. I've also used the fine polish with black CCS pads for some areas after the final inspection under the sun (I use the Brinkmann otherwise).

I am am currently running low on polish and after alot of reading, I came to the conclusion that I should order a small bottle of Essence from CarPro which could be a home run for my soft black subaru paint.

I have been reading almost every review/post from here, Autopia and the CapPro website.

My question is: I am planning on using Essence with 6.5 inch pads white CCS, speed 4.5-5 on the GG6, 3-4 section passes slow arm speed and the last one with less pressure and bump the speed down a bit
    I will be dialing in the process by doing a test spot but the paint is still in fairly good shape so I think Essence should be able to take care of the swirls using the right technique.

I would like to know if I should consider another approach or I should go ahead and

Any tips or comments are welcome

Thanks everyone!

Cheers from Canada

You may be better off with 5.5" pads on the GG6

Post Thanks / Like

Car Pro Essence and Pad choice

I have the 6.5 pads already which are brand new so I would prefer trying those out instead of getting 5.5 pads for now. I have 5.5 cyan hydro tech for compounding step through. I have read some people achieved good results using polishing foam pads too and I am concerned with marring my soft black paint

Next time I will be ordering 5.5 polishing pads, probably low profile LC HT

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast