autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Black McLaren MP4-12c by High End Detail

whats up guys? today was a very cool day for me. i got called to do do a mclaren. a black one
    at first, the customer told me over the phone that all he wanted was a sealant applied to it. i said ok, gave him a price and he agreed so we set up an appointment for this sunday. luckily, i had just gotten my business liability insurance.. so i felt at ease as i worked on it. when i arrived, as i suspected with every black paint, there was swirls and some minor scratches. not that many, but i made sure i pointed out with my led flashlight all of them to the customer. we filled out the vehicle inspection form, and i told him that the sealant wasnt going to do anything about the swirls. that if he wanted, i can do a all in one polish (swirl remover) and that this would benefit him more. after the aio, i will apply a hybrid sealant/wax to the paint. gave him a different quote, and he agreed.

these were some of the light scratches..

here i am with my hhr as i unloaded all the goodie. my 3 buckets, two for the 2bm wash, and one with all my rims and tires stuff. my pw, vacuum, and my bin full wit all types of spray bottles.

vacuumed first, the carpets, floormat, seats, dashboard. the whole interior.
    i must add that i felt i was under a spotlight all the time as i worked on this vehicle. something about suicide doors that gets people"s attention!

the interior was done, now it was time to do the leather..
    i used that applicator that you see there, and i know the bottle saids megs leather.. but its really not.. its Optimum Protectant Plus (a.k.a. Leather Protectant) the applicator i used is called Blue Hex Grip Finishing Applicator. i was very pleased with optimum, it left the leather very nice, the customer liked it as well.

next up, i did the rims and tires.i used 3D Tire & Rim Cleaner - Yellow Degreaser.. sorry no pics.

after i cranked up and the generator and my pw, i did my initial pw rinse to knock off most of the dirt (it wasnt that dirty) next i filled up my buckets and got them ready for a Optimum No Rinse Wash & Shine rinseless wash. the white bucket has the rinseless wash solution, the orange one i use for rinsing. i used a Microfiber Chenille Wash Mitt and a waffle weave mf drying towel to dry.

claying the vehicle was next. for this i used a Speedy Surface Prep Mitt - Medium Grade. lubed with onr rinseless wash in a spray bottle.

it was time. polishing time
    i went with my trusted HD Speed - All in One Polish + rupes 21 + rupes 5'' backing plate + Buff and Shine 5.5" Orange Medium Cutting Pad. i did a test panel, and most of the swirls were gone after 3 passes. i did the whole car
    afterthat, i took off all the polish with a mf towel. i used a pc with a 3'' backing plate and a red finishing pad to apply hd poxy A hybrid sealant/wax that i love on black paint.

while the poxy was hazing up (30-45 mins) i continued working i dressed the tires, cleaned the windows and started to put everything back into my hhr.. wrapping things up...
    once i was done picking everything up and my work area was clean i started to unveil and buffing out the wax with a soft plush mf towel. these were my results.

it was a great experience, i got alot of looks and alot of potential clients asked for my business card as i worked on this vehicle. the client lives in downtown miami a very nice area for high end cars.

this picture has miami written all over it.
    its my favorite one too. the sun is just beaming at the paint

i took this one with my fish eye lens

check out the interior

i hope you guys liked it, i sure did..if you are wondering it took me 3 hours to do this. it was quite the experience. any comments or feedback would be nice.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Black McLaren MP4-12c by High End Detail

Beautiful work buddy. I see you are hitting it big time. Congrats and I am glad business is taking off for you, hard work pays off. Thanks for posting and sharing the pictures. And as always the car looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@AutoCleanse View Post
    Beautiful work buddy. I see you are hitting it big time. Congrats and I am glad business is taking off for you, hard work pays off. Thanks for posting and sharing the pictures. And as always the car looks great.
    thanks bud! naaah, not there yet man.. but im trying..working my butt of mon-sunday.. like they say.. slowly but surely.. hopefully ill see you guys one of these thursdays night open garages. my client's neighbor has a orange mclaren, and he was impressed with the work. might do his next. ill keep you guys posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Marvelous work you really know how to pamper and make a McLaren shine to the max

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! Looks fantastic

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for sharing this wonderful work. Nice setup you used as well, 100% wise choices.

Wish you all the best and more of those beauties to work on.

Congratulations on this one.

Kind Regards.
    “Nature is pleased with simplicity. And nature is no dummy”

― Isaac Newton

Post Thanks / Like

AWESOME! Keep at it man!
    Want more customers for your detailing business?
    Find out how: www.detailsummit.com

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful! 3 hours?!?!?! Thats some work you put in there!

Post Thanks / Like

I'll be looking into that AIO. That car looks nice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jamesboyy View Post
    Marvelous work you really know how to pamper and make a McLaren shine to the max
    thanks! i always give 100% effort, whether its a corolla or a mclaren. obviously with a mclaren you give 110% lol.. just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicoupe View Post
    Great job! Looks fantastic
    thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by Tato View Post
    Thanks for sharing this wonderful work. Nice setup you used as well, 100% wise choices.

Wish you all the best and more of those beauties to work on.

Congratulations on this one.

Kind Regards.
    thank you for your comment tato.. ive seen your great work as well!

Quote Originally Posted by thebamboo23 View Post
    AWESOME! Keep at it man!
    thats the one i was telling you about! good luck on your hhr bro.

Quote Originally Posted by tnecniv View Post
    Beautiful! 3 hours?!?!?! Thats some work you put in there!
    thank youuu.. yea 3 hours, i took more time on going over the vehicle inspection sheet than the actual work. the customer was very shocked to see the swirls and scratches my led flash light picked up. good thing i always practice this documentation procedure.. if not, who you think he wouldve blame them on?

another thing i have to say is that he was aware that he wasnt paying me for a full paint correction. i told him that at best.. he would have his car 70-80% swirl free.

rupes 21 has been a timesaver for me, did the washer mod, and its game over. with the right pad, right swirl remover, and rupes.. it can be done in 3 hours with out cutting any corners.

Quote Originally Posted by Newdetailer1 View Post
    I'll be looking into that AIO. That car looks nice!
    when i first started this whole detailing bug.. the first store i went to locally was a 3d detailing store here in miami.. and those guys were very helpful. adapt is very good too.. but for light swirls and good polishing power, i go with speed most of the times.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast