autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Worst Car on AG - Trashed and Neglected, Washed 2 Years Ago - V7 Hybrid, Collinite Marque D'Elegance, Collinite 845 (Many Pics)

Very nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dirt-B-Gone Mobile Detailing
    www.HandWashAndWax.com
    facebook.com/DBGMobileDetailing John Wells

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Worst Car on AG - Trashed and Neglected, Washed 2 Years Ago - V7 Hybrid, Collinite Marque D'Elegance, Collinite 845 (Many Pics)

First rate job.

Too bad the guy probably won't really care after it gets dusty.

But what's really hilarious is that I have seen cars that were up for sale that looked like that

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks incredible!

What compound and polish did you use?

It's ok to put down basically 3 layers of wax and top it with a sealant? It seems contradictory to everything I've been reading here.

Sorry for the newb questions I'm just looking for clarification so I can understand all this stuff better. That's quite an amazing transformation you did!

Sent from somewhere other than my house

Post Thanks / Like

Holy cow! Mooooooooo lol. Nice job. Was there any etching with those bird bomb?
    Official Detailing Team Member of Air Force One
    Flex 3401 / Flex PE8 / Rupes 21 / G110v2 / GG6" / Rupes 75E / GG3"
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the great comments This is definitely one to remember!

Quote Originally Posted by Saluki2003 View Post
    That looks incredible!

What compound and polish did you use?

It's ok to put down basically 3 layers of wax and top it with a sealant? It seems contradictory to everything I've been reading here.

Sorry for the newb questions I'm just looking for clarification so I can understand all this stuff better. That's quite an amazing transformation you did!

Sent from somewhere other than my house
    This was my first time topping 3 layers of wax with a sealant and I'll definitely be doing it from now on. I've never achieved a shine like this ever before .

My logic for the 3 layers was that the 915 gives the original shine and the 2 layers of 845 would give it even more gloss for better reflectiveness as well as provide more protection. The sealant obviously would then do its job. I'm thinking this might last 6-8 months easily...

Here's a picture from a further point of view:

Quote Originally Posted by Thoryamaha919 View Post
    Holy cow! Mooooooooo lol. Nice job. Was there any etching with those bird bomb?
    Thanks! Yea the bird droppings took out some of the clearcoat underneath. I used 2000 grit sandpaper lightly, followed by compound @6,000 RPM, polish @5,000 RPM, and wax @2,000 RPM and it came out like new.
    2011 Diamond White GMC Yukon SLT
    2010 Pearl White Nissan Sentra SR

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! I too am a weekend warrior detailing hobbyist. I have numerous friends and co-workers who don't take care of their daily drivers, so what you got isn't as uncommon as you might think. At best, tunnel car washes a couple of times a year is what these type of owners put their cars through.

IMO, knowing that your friend was going to sell the car, I would not have put as much effort into paint correction nor as many layers of protection. Even if your friend wasn't going to sell, I also wouldn't have put as much effort unless he starts taking proper care of the car. Sure, it's gratifying to see the results. It's just unfortunate the results won't last too long.

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely amazing. Great job

Sent from my SGH-I317M using AG Online

Post Thanks / Like

Wow that turned out great!

I just recently starting using 915, what an awesome wax. I need to try it on a black car, I hear that's where it really looks good.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the comments! I guess the layers were a bit overboard but it was an experiment I must say, Collinite 915 is probably the best wax out there. I've never seen a reflection like that.
    2011 Diamond White GMC Yukon SLT
    2010 Pearl White Nissan Sentra SR

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, what a turnaround!
    Jonathan "Jmac" McDonald

devilintedetailz.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast