autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I clean with dp cleanse all exterior cleaner at each wash. Soak them down, agitate with a mothers wheel well brush, then rinse. Does a great job of cleaning them. Then I dress with CG bare bones. I give them a wipe with a foam applicator just to even out blotchiness. Works great, looks awesome. To me, wheel wells are one of those areas that sets those who are picky apart from those who aren't. To me, it drives me crazy when you're driving me to to someone at night and your headlights are shining along side someone's car next to you, and their car is all clean and shining, tires shines, then the wheel wells are dull and dirty, yuck. That's just me though

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wheelwell Detailing

Quote Originally Posted by crownpointgeek View Post
    Wow! By the way, what exactly can you use on wheel wells? Mine are plastic-lined and I have used a sealant, but it gives the black plastic a gray tint. Also, what can be used on wheel wells that are not lined?

Hi..

A friend of mine told me about Griots Undercarrage cleaner... i bought it ,,, tried it and it works fantastic...

you can actually just spary it on, ( even if it dirty ) and it will make the dirty shine... but if you clean normaly first .. then just spray inside the wheel well, and just leave it, dont wipe it, it works even nicer...

JD

Post Thanks / Like
    I soaked the entire area in a Bug & Tar, waited ten minutes and would it down and repeated where the tar was crystallized. Then I misted everything with a water bottle and soaked everything in Blue Magic's Wheel Cleaner and grabbed my tire brush and started scrubbing all the metal surfaces as best I could.

The entire project with accomplished products off the shelf from Wally World. I can't wait to start buying better products but for now I just compensate by adding more "passion", lol.

Lucky Joe,
    Wannabe Detailer

Sent from my HTC DNA

Post Thanks / Like

Nice clean wheel wells.

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic job. Does it snow where you live?
    2011 Compass Latitude Bright Silver/ 2017 Nissan Rogue SV AWD Premium Glacier White
    REFLECTIVE IMAGE DETAILING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BillE View Post
    I've been using the cheapest aerosol tire cleaner (I can find at the time). Just spray away.

May not be the 'best' method, but it seems to work well.

Bill
    I thought I was doing good when I did that too! These folks make me look lazy!

I use APC or tire cleaners,and I use a brush and/or a mitt to clean the wells. I use tire foam or whatever protectant I'm using on the tires or trim for the final step.

One of these days I'm going to try a product like CG Bare Bones or Griot's Undercarriage though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WAXOFF View Post
    Fantastic job. Does it snow where you live?
    Not frequently but instead of salt they use something far more hideous. They mix a brine solution with beet juice and spray it on the roads to which I can only groan...

Lucky Joe,
    Wannabe Detailer

Sent from my HTC DNA

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, great job!
    Is this car daily driven or more of a weekend toy?

Either way that has come up better than new & now the hard work has been done hopefully a regular quick going-over will keep it looking fresh...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by neat e34 View Post
    Wow, great job!
    Is this car daily driven or more of a weekend toy?

Either way that has come up better than new & now the hard work has been done hopefully a regular quick going-over will keep it looking fresh...
    Yes, it's my Daily Driver and if you look in the Introduce Yourself forum for my "are you kidding me..." thread you can see a picture of what it looked like as I cleaned and buffed out the paint the job by hand. It took like 30+ man hours but other than the bits I was complaining about it came out really nice.

I still need to do the rear-passenger wheel and wheelwell and then I can start on reconditioning the interior - it's been like two months since I gave the leather & dash some TLC, lol.

Lucky Joe,
    Wannabe Detailer

Sent from my HTC DNA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12