autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

RightWay Auto Detailing: 2001 m3, 2008 Benz S65 AMG

2001 BMW M3 Leguna Seca Blue on 20x8.5 F 20x10.5 R MMR Wheels. Car was very heavily scratched and swirled. The owner frequently hand washes it but has never had it professionaly detailed. I appologize but i lost majority of the picture from this job.

2008 Mercedes Benz S65 AMG on HRE Weels
    Car was extremly dirty when receieved from owner. This car is daily driven and i knew i would be in for a long day of

Passenger Door:

50/50 shots

Interior:

Finally Finished

Any comments and help would be greatly appreciated. Im 19 years old and have been detailing for 3 years now. Im no expert, but I enjoy what i do and i'm getting more experienced and learning from every car i detail.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RightWay Auto Detailing: 2001 m3, 2008 Benz S65 AMG

Looks really nice! How long did the Mercedes take you? And what products were used? Tools, polish, pads etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you spent some serious time on the Benz, and I love the color of the M3. Like above said, let us know what products and machine you used.

Post Thanks / Like

There are a few very fine detailers younger than yourself. A few of them put out top notch detail after top notch detail so don't let age be a factor.

It looks like you did a great job, I would recommend more sun shots in your afters as that's how most evaluate the work performed (if that's the type work you would like to do). More photo's of before and after in halogens. Even if you end up not charging your client for the hour it took to document your work, it's a great way to show us where you are at, and what you could and should learn to better your abilities.

Like the above stated, share your products and process so we know what should be fine tuned.

Not that it bothers me but you might want to do without the shirtless photo if you're going to be showing your work to potential clients, some may not like it.

Best of luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Awesome work. I am 19 as well and have been detailing for 2 years
    2009 Summit White Cobalt SS/TC SOLD
    2007 Black Cobalt LT - Daily Driver

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

The benz was a 2 day job. I started with my dewalt Rotary with edge yellow and Vibra cut 1(detail king heavy compound) went to vibra cut 2( DK light compound) on edge yellow with the dewalt. I then used DK spyder web glaze on a PC xp with Yellow and then a green. And finally finsihed with Their Foam Pad glaze on a blue pad. sealed the paint with DK poly sealant on white pad

I went to the 3 day DK craftsmen school and really learned alot about the business side of things. The 2-days working on cars really reinforced what i have learned on my own. I baught gallons of their polishes and compounds after using them at the training facility. Once there running low i want to try them against m105/205 and the menzerna line.

Thanks for the help guys!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RightWay View Post
    The benz was a 2 day job. I started with my dewalt Rotary with edge yellow and Vibra cut 1(detail king heavy compound) went to vibra cut 2( DK light compound) on edge yellow with the dewalt. I then used DK spyder web glaze on a PC xp with Yellow and then a green. And finally finsihed with Their Foam Pad glaze on a blue pad. sealed the paint with DK poly sealant on white pad

I went to the 3 day DK craftsmen school and really learned alot about the business side of things. The 2-days working on cars really reinforced what i have learned on my own. I baught gallons of their polishes and compounds after using them at the training facility. Once there running low i want to try them against m105/205 and the menzerna line.

Thanks for the help guys!
    Nice work on the cars. I am in Central PA not too far from Detail King in the Pittsburgh area. I haven't used any of their products yet. Were the DK products easy to work with? Do they wipe off hard or easy? Have you used or can you use their products in direct sunlight?

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work, keep it up!

I appologize but i lost majority of the picture from this job.
    Out of curiosity, what happened to the pics? Accidentally delete them? If so, don't take any more pics with the memory card they were on! You can get them back with any one of many free programs available on the internet. Unless you "overwrite" the deleted pics with new pics.

I found this out after accidentally deleting the final video's that I used in my thread http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ti-s-fist.html

Let me know if you need any help retrieving lost pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Is the edge yellow considered a heavy cutting pad like LC yellow?

Nor sure why you used a blue pad for the glaze, then jumped to a more aggressive pad for your LSP?
    '03 Corvette Z06

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 07 z-oh-6 View Post
    Is the edge yellow considered a heavy cutting pad like LC yellow?

Nor sure why you used a blue pad for the glaze, then jumped to a more aggressive pad for your LSP?
    the white pad is the softest pad edge makes.

the yellow is a light/medium compound pad and the black is the heavy cutting pad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast