autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

2005 Honda S2000 Rio Yellow

The owner of this S2000, Ryan, works with me. After showing him some pictures of previous details and as well as my car he decided to let me touch his new car. He just bought this Honda at the beginning of March and you can see from the pictures how great the dealership ‘detailers’ are. The defects were pretty rough in areas; heavy swirling, car wash scratches. The engine was apparently done with some sort of grease lol. It just looked plain nasty so I redid that my way. The calipers at one point were also ‘detailed’ and completely half-a** done. Areas were still completely covered in dirt and grime.

Products:
    Meguiar’s M105, Meguiar’s M205, 3M Ultrafina, P21S Gel, APC, Lake Country Pads in Kompressor and CCS form in Orange to Blue, 3M Wool Pad, Porter Cable 7428 Rotary, Porter Cable 7424, 303 Aerospace Protectant, 303 High Tech Fabric Guard, 303 Convertible Fabric/Vinyl Top Cleaner, Stoner’s Invisible Glass, 0000 steel wool, Collinite 845, Poorboy’s World Natty’s Red Paste Wax, Meguiar’s Gold Class Car Wash, Cobra Bone, Optimum Optibond, Poorboy’s World Leather Stuff, DP Interior Protectant, Meguiar’s Hyper Dressing 4:1, Simple Green, and 3M Automotive Tape.

Before pictures:

Paint:

Interior:

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2005 Honda S2000 Rio Yellow

Engine Before:

Engine After: After being cleaned with steam, Simple Green, and dressed with Meguiar’s Hyper Dressing at 4:1.

Wheels Before: I let P21S gel do most of the work. I also pulled out APC for the heavier dirt. Various brushes were used.

Post Thanks / Like

Wheels After: Wheels are protected with Collinite 845 and tires are
    dressed with Optimum Optibond. Wheel wells were dressed with Meguiar’s Hyper Dressing 4:1

During the details and paint correction. These are in random order because I don't have time to pick through each and every one of them to tell you what pass was made when.

Here's the proof. The passenger fender, front bumper, and passenger rocker were repainted. The clear on all of those panels were REDICULOUSLY hard. Harder than the Lamborhini that I did.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I realize that in alot of the pics there are holograms... They were removed, trust me.

After pictures:

Interior: Dash was cleaned with a damp (water) microfiber applicator. The interior was very clean so there was no need for hard cleaners. Dash was dressed with DP Interior Surface Protectant. Carpets were vacuumed with a Shop Vac and extracted with a Bissell Little Green Machine Proheat with APC 6:1 for solution. Leather seats were cleaned with Lexol Cleaner and conditioned with Poorboy’s World Leather Stuff. Glass was cleaned with Stoner’s Invisible Glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Paint: The correction was done all on rotary on MOST panels. Some panels would just NOT finish out with the rotary. I tried all that I could with the Ultrafina, but it just didn’t want to cooperate so I was forced to pull the PC 7424 for times’ sake. I’m sure if I had more time I could’ve figured something out though… I used Meguiar’s M105, M205, 3M Ultrafina. Pads used were Lake Country Kompressor from Orange to Gray and Lake Country CCS pads ranging in sizes from 4” to 5” ranging from Orange to Blue. Protection is Collinite 845 for daily driver durability. The LSP is two coats of Poorboy’s World Natty’s red. Exhaust was polished with 0000 steel wool. All trim was cleaned with 3M General Purpose Adhesive Remover and dressed with 303 Aerospace Protectant.
    The convertible top was cleaned with 303 Convertible Fabric/Vinyl Top Cleaner and a soft nail brush. It was then dressed with two coats of 303 High Tech Fabric Guard.
    All glass was cleaned with Stoner’s invisible Glass.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice work! Looks sharp!
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

great job on the S2k

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice. I envy your skills and ability to finish out with a rotary. My griot's just does such a good job that I haven't felt the need to whip out the rotary just yet though. One day I'll buckle down and learn how to use it. heh
    yaatraphotography@gmail.com
    O.C.Detailing - New Port Richey, FL. - http://www.facebook.com/ocdetailingraleigh
    (434)851-1313

Post Thanks / Like

LOVE the s2000. I can't believe the dealership (well I can believe it but..) that was just pathetic. I feel they just wiped it down with some crappy towel, sprayed the engine with a clear coat mixture and said here ya go all within 30 minutes.

You really turned this car around, and the canvas top looks awesome!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all of the compliments guys. I was able to finish out with thhe rotary on the hood, fenders, front bumper, doors, and rear bumper. For some reason the trunk just DID NOT want to cooperate with the rotary AT ALL. The picture shows the light holograms that I couldn't get away from untill I pulled out the 7424.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast