autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Winter wash- 2010 Ford Fusion

Hey all. Hope everyone is doing just fine. I've been busy with life so I haven't been detailing, posting or purchasing much lately but I do lurk regularly. Back in May I picked up my 2010 Ford Fusion and 11,000 miles later I am 100% satisfied with my purchase still. It's a great car and I couldn't be happier with it. I bought some steelies and Michelin X-Ice tires for the winter months and put the 18's in a shed for the summer months. When the temperature gets above freezing I usually pull out the pressure washer and AG foamer to get the majority of the salt and grime off, however the next day it gets messy again.

Yesterday I did that, and then did an ONR wash in the garage to get it perfectly clean again (for a few minutes at least ). Also, I wanted to test out my new Canon 50D camera as well, hence this post :bigups

As usual, onto the pics! Oh yeah, I have 2 coats of Collinite as a base and a few coats of OCW on top of that.

This is about a week and a half without a spray down:

Foamer- Optimum Car Wash, Water and some Poorboy's Bug Squash:

After I brought it into the garage, I dried it with a Metro Master Blaster and began the ONR wash.

This picture shows what is actually left behind after a foam down (100% touchless)

And the afters:

Thanks for looking!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter wash- 2010 Ford Fusion

Nothing wrong with owning "Car of the Year"!!! I like the Sport package as well. Heck even the last gen Fusion wasn't sore on the eyes and this is coming from someone who until recently would NEVER consider a Domestic midsize, full size, compact. Ford is doing some great things.

Love the foam shot and the ONR door shot. I won't wash my car unless it's 50+ degrees...LOL

Post Thanks / Like

I have got to get me one of those foam cannons!
    Nice work.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent work! I am a Toyota man, but Ford is the only domestic doing things right. Plus they didn't take a bailout like Gubmint Motor's aka Obama Motor's (did I just say that)?

Post Thanks / Like

looks good

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budman3 View Post
    Hey all. Hope everyone is doing just fine. I've been busy with life so I haven't been detailing, posting or purchasing much lately but I do lurk regularly. Back in May I picked up my 2010 Ford Fusion and 11,000 miles later I am 100% satisfied with my purchase still. It's a great car and I couldn't be happier with it. I bought some steelies and Michelin X-Ice tires for the winter months and put the 18's in a shed for the summer months. When the temperature gets above freezing I usually pull out the pressure washer and AG foamer to get the majority of the salt and grime off, however the next day it gets messy again.

Yesterday I did that, and then did an ONR wash in the garage to get it perfectly clean again (for a few minutes at least ). Also, I wanted to test out my new Canon 50D camera as well, hence this post :bigups

Thanks for looking!
    I just got rid of my 2004 Prius for one of these in white.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good...for now.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Looks great man I really like the Sport Fusions.

Post Thanks / Like

looks great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dublifecrisis View Post
    Nothing wrong with owning "Car of the Year"!!! I like the Sport package as well. Heck even the last gen Fusion wasn't sore on the eyes and this is coming from someone who until recently would NEVER consider a Domestic midsize, full size, compact. Ford is doing some great things.

Love the foam shot and the ONR door shot. I won't wash my car unless it's 50+ degrees...LOL
    I was looking at the 08's and 09 Fusions but once I saw the '10s, it was a done deal . Its the 'base' (if you want to call it that, its still fairly loaded) Sport edition and have 0 complaints. The build quality is excellent and lots of high quality pieces all around. As for the washing in the cold, yeah it stinks. I have a set of insulated waterproof gloves which helps out a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    I have got to get me one of those foam cannons!
    Nice work.
    Thanks. The foam cannon is a bunch of fun to use. It looks awesome too. It works real well combined with the 2 bucket method.

Quote Originally Posted by turbos17 View Post
    Excellent work! I am a Toyota man, but Ford is the only domestic doing things right. Plus they didn't take a bailout like Gubmint Motor's aka Obama Motor's (did I just say that)?
    I'm satisfied with the car and company. I usually lean towards the Chevy side but they nailed it with this car (but I am a bit biased )

Quote Originally Posted by bill walsh View Post
    looks good
    Thanks Bill

Quote Originally Posted by feslope View Post
    I just got rid of my 2004 Prius for one of these in white.
    Awesome, congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by CieraSL View Post
    Looks good...for now.
    Yup, its already dusty from dried up salt and dirt that was on the roads... however no snow in the forecast!

Quote Originally Posted by wytstang View Post
    Looks great man I really like the Sport Fusions.
    Thanks. I wasn't sure how it was going to handle in the snow but the Michelins handle real well (both wet and dry) and it also has traction control which helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC83 View Post
    looks great.
    Thank you!