autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

04 Accord photoshoot... (56k no)

Took a few of my car about 2 weeks ago. Only thing new since then is the front lip.
    So far mods are:
    Nuespeed Super Cup Kit
    Koni Yellows
    KN CAI
    Comptech Short Shifter
    Blue LED int. lights
    Tint
    Front lip (not shown)

04 Honda Accord Coupe V6 6spd w/navi :: '97 Pontiac Trans Am LT1 w/custom paint
    Owner Flawless Detailing & Supplies
    -Skye Northrop

Post Thanks / Like
    I have pretty detailed pics of the lighting, so you get an idea if anyone wants to do it...
    So I bought a set of footwell lights off ebay and installed them about a week or so ago with the help of a friend and I also bought the LED replacement lights for the stock lights. Here are some pics of how it came out. I like it, my brother calls it rice, but I think its tastefull, cuz its not too bright, matches the outside and isn't on the outside. You can see how I installed the controller. The dome light is a black light (which I wish was brighter, but still looks cool at night if there are no other lights on and your wearing white) and so is the trunk light. I also have blue replacements for them, when i get tired of the black light. I think I gotta replace the licence plate lights too, cuz I know its illegal and I dont want to get pulled over for it. But here are the pictures and there are a lot of them! lol

-This is the trunk in case you cant tell. lol
    -Skye Northrop

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty nice man. The interior lights can look a little rice, but I like them. I especially love the blacklight idea. And the truth is, who cares if it is rice, if you like it, then that is all that really matters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by abrcrombe
    Looks pretty nice man. The interior lights can look a little rice, but I like them. I especially love the blacklight idea. And the truth is, who cares if it is rice, if you like it, then that is all that really matters.
    okay, I admit it, I'm old and I'm not hip. What does "look a little rice" mean?!

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf
    okay, I admit it, I'm old and I'm not hip. What does "look a little rice" mean?!
    LOL You know the movies fast and furious? With all those imports with body kits and lights, that is rice. lol Basically really stupid mods that are ugly, ineffective and over done. I might have a Honda, but I'd like to think it isn't even close to rice. I try to mod with style and my style background is with newer muscle. So inside lights I like and dont think is rice, but outside... well thats rice, unless its just used for shows, then if done right can look ok.
    -Skye Northrop

Post Thanks / Like
    I know rice and that's not rice.
    Rice is alteeza tail lights and a 4 foot wing and sound like a p'd off bumble bee.
    I like the blue accent lights. Character.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justin30513
    I know rice and that's not rice.
    Rice is alteeza tail lights and a 4 foot wing and sound like a p'd off bumble bee.
    I like the blue accent lights. Character.
    Thanks man. I like how you describe the exhaust. lol I hate that sound, but I love the sound of a DOHC VTEC motor (a lot deeper and no mines not DOHC, just saying). lol
    -Skye Northrop

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    Thanks man. I like how you describe the exhaust. lol I hate that sound, but I love the sound of a DOHC VTEC motor (a lot deeper and no mines not DOHC, just saying). lol
    I had 2 GSR's and a S2000....I love when that 2nd lobe kicks in! I have SOHC Turbo Civic now.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontman43
    LOL You know the movies fast and furious? With all those imports with body kits and lights, that is rice. lol Basically really stupid mods that are ugly, ineffective and over done.
    Thanks! I feel hipper now. Surely you have saved me from some embarassment. I can just imagine someone saying "That is so rice" and I would have said "ah, brown, white, or wild?". Now I'll know to say "yeah, rice".

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddwarf
    Thanks! I feel hipper now. Surely you have saved me from some embarassment. I can just imagine someone saying "That is so rice" and I would have said "ah, brown, white, or wild?". Now I'll know to say "yeah, rice".
    HAHA, I laughed out loud on that one. Yeah, well they pretty much summed it up. I can't imagine how some people think it looks cool, and I know some people think the fart cannons SOUND cool. BTW, vtec sounds pretty good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast