autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2003 Lexus LX470 full correction and Gtechniq CSL/EXO

That was the plan with my Cruiser as well, retire it from daily driving duty and get something faster and more efficient, but I now just want another Land Cruiser or 2 to keep it company lol... That 62 looks great, so many have been beaten off road. When you say etched, what did you use? I do a pretty good job of cleaning my frame rails and wheel wells all year and once a summer and anytime its been off road, I drop the spare down and steam everything and make sure there is nothing hiding, but would like to take it a bit further.

Post Thanks / Like

Run some seafoam through the tank and it might improve mpg and performance a bit. Works great on gas engines definitely
    Bill 1234
    2004 audi a6 quattro (traded).
    2015 Ford Escape 2.0l ecoboost 4WD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matttathome View Post
    That was the plan with my Cruiser as well, retire it from daily driving duty and get something faster and more efficient, but I now just want another Land Cruiser or 2 to keep it company lol... That 62 looks great, so many have been beaten off road. When you say etched, what did you use? I do a pretty good job of cleaning my frame rails and wheel wells all year and once a summer and anytime its been off road, I drop the spare down and steam everything and make sure there is nothing hiding, but would like to take it a bit further.
    I used the POR metal etch. It gives the POR something to bond to. It works really well on actual rust but on my truck, since there wasn't any, I had to etch the metal to give the surface texture for the POR to bond to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1234 View Post
    Run some seafoam through the tank and it might improve mpg and performance a bit. Works great on gas engines definitely
    Seafoam was the first thing I did when I bought it. It makes a difference but not as much as a good baselining. Plugs, filters, fluids, etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie335i View Post
    I used the POR metal etch. It gives the POR something to bond to. It works really well on actual rust but on my truck, since there wasn't any, I had to etch the metal to give the surface texture for the POR to bond to.

Seafoam was the first thing I did when I bought it. It makes a difference but not as much as a good baselining. Plugs, filters, fluids, etc.
    Thanks! BTW if your not on IH8MUD, its a great place for info and advice on these trucks. (include heater hose T's in the baseline) They don't seem to be recommended by dealer techs, but they become brittle over time. They are cheap and easy to change.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by matttathome View Post
    Thanks! BTW if your not on IH8MUD, its a great place for info and advice on these trucks. (include heater hose T's in the baseline) They don't seem to be recommended by dealer techs, but they become brittle over time. They are cheap and easy to change.
    Yup I am on IH8MUD and have been an avid member since buying my truck. Heater-t's were one of the first things I did when I bought it after reading a few threads.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/hok...-build.952799/

It is a great resource though! Lots of helpful people and lots of good information.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123